• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Multiples of a single manufacturer.

I’ll just say, I don’t even have a room left. Makes storing my beef jerky, toilet paper, and iodine tricky.

6 soviet union
5 rugers
3 smith's
2 Henry's
3 Thompson centers
3 browning
1 sig
2 mossberg
3 Springfield armory (government surp not the new company)

Over the years I've replaced a bunch of pistols with more Glocks. Not interested in much else at this point.

At least we know who's hoarding all the Webley's.

Yeah, I doubt I'm depriving anybody. Demand is pretty low for those, which is fine by me. I've CCWd the Mark V (third from the right) once or twice, just to say I've done it, but it's not like they're all that useful anymore. Lol.

265 grains of whirling hollow-base death, moving at well under 750 fps... yep. Very modern.

Yeah, I doubt I'm depriving anybody. Demand is pretty low for those, which is fine by me. I've CCWd the Mark V (third from the right) once or twice, just to say I've done it, but it's not like they're all that useful anymore. Lol.

265 grains of whirling hollow-base death, moving at well under 750 fps... yep. Very modern.
IDPA

As long as it's lethal it's as modern as anything.

I've been thinking of getting a .45, a top break moon clip .45 just tickles my fancy, but I'm always leery of the how much factory hardball they've seen. I've said for years the .38's are the safest bet and lately I've been thinking of getting a .38 S&W revolver. The .38 Webley's are way stronger than any other .38 top break ever made.

As long as it's lethal it's as modern as anything.

I've been thinking of getting a .45, a top break moon clip .45 just tickles my fancy, but I'm always leery of the how much factory hardball they've seen. I've said for years the .38's are the safest bet and lately I've been thinking of getting a .38 S&W revolver. The .38 Webley's are way stronger than any other .38 top break ever made.

Yes, but they shoot an anemic round. .38 S&W is a mouse fart.

The full-boat .455 round was a very useful loading for its time, a real man-stopper: big, heavy, and slow, it would make big holes and it wouldn't overpenetrate. Getting hit with .455 Webley was no joke. It even performed well in the Thompson/Lagarde tests, for what that's worth.

Thing is, you do need to be cautious about propellant. Everyone agrees that .45ACP puts out way too much pressure for the Webley design, and yet thousands of these pistols were shaved down for ACP and presumably fired with no problem for a couple decades after the war. I tell myself that if I underload it now, it won't matter how much fatigue it might have suffered in the past. And you can still generate useful force even with a downloaded modern version of .455.

The older ones (the three on the left in my photo) are BP pistols, meaning Trail Boss. Someone undoubtedly put some .45ACP through those, which scares the bejeezus out of me. The rest can be used with modern powders. I've not shot my Mk IV .38 in years now, but it's very rattly and toylike compared to the .455s. Production standards during the war were noticeably low.

At one time, I had at least 8 Remington guns - two of which were replicas. The rest were made by Remington itself. needless to say, I am disheartened to see what has become of the company.

The only brands I have multiple of are Remington and CZ
I inherited all three of the Remington’s from various family members and they are all different types (.22 shotgun and 1911)
Makes sense. They’ve dominated the firearms industry during my Fathers/uncles time
I did buy my CZ 82, but I inherited CZ a bolt action 22 so that again was random, and not because of brand loyalty
I’ve always had plans to buy more of those CZ 82s I really do love that little pistol

Back
Top Bottom