Malloy using Newtown

I saw a campaign ad on TV this morning.

Dan Malloy using a Newtown mother to get votes.

Hopefully, the Connecticut folks will do the right thing and vote him out.

Like Deval Patrick (or any other left wing progressive), he will be much more dangerous the second time around.

Like Deval Patrick (or any other left wing progressive), he will be much more dangerous the second time around.

Of course he is. He would cut kid's throats if he thought that would get him elected.

Is your governor in his 1st or 2nd term? I thought I read somewhere he was going to D.C... no?

Won't be getting my vote, or my wife's. I'm pushing everyone I know to vote him out.

And not just for gun control. For everything, taxes, VA, you name it. Guy is the scum of the earth.

Be careful: up for nomination in next week's Republican primary is none other than Dannel's partner in (Constitutional) crime, John McKinney.

And the guy who won't do anything to repeal it, Tom Foley. Might as well stay home.

The governor cannot repeal it. The legislature can.

The governor can veto stuff.

If you're in CT and you don't vote or vote for Malloy or McKinney expect the 2013 round of gun control to continue. Think: suitablity interviews with every renewal like in MA, and all sorts of other bullshit.

For those who are pro-freedom CT Foley is the choice, the only choice. Voting for anyone else will put Malloy in for another 4 years.

Just like Grossman using Mothers of gun violence victims. Dems will stoop at nothing to get there propaganda out.

Gotta love the Grossman super pac ad with the mothers. They were all killed by gang violence and they support Grossman because he wants to limit gun purchases to 1 per month. The mother criticize Martha because she doesn't support 1 gun per month because it wouldn't do anything. The mother says yes it would, even keeping 1 gun off the street is a good thing.

Her kid was killed (with the others by gangs), they didn't buy a gun from a gun store. And even if they did buy the gun from a gun store, would it matter that their kid was killed by a person who bough 1 gun or 3? Damn that is a stupid commercial.

Oh yeah, if you google the mother Clarissa Turner, she forgave the killers but blames the gun [rolleyes]

Ms. Turner’s son, Willie, was shot on his way to meet his younger sister, who was struggling in school. Willie was not in a gang and investigators found no evidence that Willie was tied to the drug operation. Remarkably, Ms. Turner offered forgiveness to her son’s murderers. [Boston Globe, 5/8/14] But she continues to fight for common sense gun control measures and is a strong supporter of Governor Deval Patrick’s efforts to protect citizens from gun violence by limiting gun purchases to one per month.

The ad is from grossman's supports in form of a super pac, it's not from grossman's campaign. They are separate and cannot talk. I'm sure he's fine with it though.

Here is the PR from the super pac, mass forward.

Mothers of Shooting Victims Praise Grossman and Criticize Coakley’s Weak Record on Guns
VIEW AD HERE: http://youtu.be/FHAwlj-gTCkContact: [email protected]

July 28, 2014
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BROOKLINE, MA – Mass Forward released its first TV ad today, which contrasts the records of Massachusetts gubernatorial candidates Martha Coakley and Steve Grossman on gun control. The ad titled “Mothers” will begin airing today on broadcast television in the greater Boston area with a significant six figure media buy behind it.
The ad is narrated by Clarissa Turner, the mother of Willie Marquis Turner, a 25-year-old from Roxbury, Massachusetts, who was shot and killed by two gang members who mistook him to be a gang member and threat to their drug operation in November 2011. Three additional mothers from the greater Boston area who lost children to gun violence are featured in non-speaking roles in the television ad while a total of eight mothers are featured in an extended web version of the ad to demonstrate the need for stronger gun control measures.

Ms. Turner’s son, Willie, was shot on his way to meet his younger sister, who was struggling in school. Willie was not in a gang and investigators found no evidence that Willie was tied to the drug operation. Remarkably, Ms. Turner offered forgiveness to her son’s murderers. [Boston Globe, 5/8/14] But she continues to fight for common sense gun control measures and is a strong supporter of Governor Deval Patrick’s efforts to protect citizens from gun violence by limiting gun purchases to one per month.

Gubernatorial candidate Steve Grossman addressed Ms. Coakley’s opposition to the Governor’s proposal earlier this year, pointing out, “when it comes to limiting gun sales, Martha Coakley continues to be part of the problem, not the solution.” [Go Local, 7/24/14] Gun control advocates know the measure would cut down on guns in Massachusetts, and in Ms. Turner’s own words, “one less gun can save a life.”

Not only does Ms. Coakley not support limiting gun purchases to one per month, but she was unaware of her office’s power to limit gun violence. When asked about a proposal to mandate trigger locks on all guns sold in Massachusetts under the consumer protection statute, Coakley said she would “have to look” into whether the life-saving policy was within the purview of the Attorney General. However, former Attorney General Scott Harshbarger says the mandate would not only be permissible, but an example of “vision” and “proactive leadership.” [WWLP, 3/25/14]

“As Democrats invested in the future of our commonwealth, we believe that gun violence is one of the biggest issues facing our communities,” noted Colette Phillips who appears in the ad’s disclaimer as co-chair of Mass Forward. “Steve Grossman will be a champion on this issue and take on the NRA to fight for the strongest gun control measures. Martha Coakley stood against Governor Patrick on a measure that would prevent guns from getting onto our streets. She’s proven that she’s not the aggressive gun control advocate that we need for Governor.”Mass Forward is an independent expenditure political action committee formed by supporters of gubernatorial candidate Steve Grossman. The organization, founded in April 2014, is chaired by former U.S. ambassador to Norway, Barry White and is co-chaired by White’s wife, Eleanor, and prominent Massachusetts businesswomen Colette Phillips. Mrs. White is an expert in affordable housing programs and financing. Phillips is a public relations expert who has been a pioneer of inclusive marketing efforts that transcend gender and race.

##

The grossman super pac ad was just on. Watch for the end of the ad where they list who paid for the ad. It says this ad was paid for by mass forward Top contributors: Shirley Grossman

[rofl] That's what you call separation from the campaign, huh?

Out of sheer morbid curiosity, I browsed to massforward.org.

They have zero content on their website. The only thing there is a statement about how their previous commercial didn't jibe with the state's laws wrt campaign expenditures, and that they'll start airing a new anti-gun (pro-Grossman) ad starting yesterday.

Nothing else there about who they are, what they believe in, or why (other than his hardline anti-gun stance) anyone should vote for Grossman.

Methinks they're putting way too much attention and effort into "gun control" and are missing all the other issues facing our state and country.

Seriously -- this is the entirety of the 'content' on massforward.org:

MASS FORWARD PROMPTLY UPDATES TV AD TO COMPLY WITH NEW LAW
Martha Coakley: Wrong on Guns and Wrong on Mass Forward

August 4, 2014
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BROOKLINE, MA - At the open of business this morning, Mass Forward’s legal counsel, in consultation with the Office of Campaign and Political Finance, took immediate action to comply with a new state law governing independent expenditures political action committees. We will begin airing an updated version of the ad “Mothers” this evening that complies with the law’s new disclaimer requirements.

The new ad can be viewed here: http://youtu.be/EhXmOiZHR1w

Mass Forward was founded and is almost entirely funded by Massachusetts residents who believe that Steve Grossman is the best progressive choice for governor.

Not only is Martha Coakley wrong on guns, but she’s wrong about who is supporting Steve Grossman through Mass Forward. We aren’t corporations or outside special interests, but Massachusetts citizens and philanthropists. Many of our contributors are also major supporters of other progressive and Democratic candidates, including Hillary Clinton, Elizabeth Warren, President Obama, Deval Patrick, Ed Markey, Niki Tsongas, Joe Kennedy, and John Tierney. These supporters also include major donors to the Museum of Science and the Perkins School for the Blind, among other important local institutions.

These donors are not “outside, special interest groups” as Martha Coakley claims, nor are the mothers of murdered sons who speak out in Mass Forward’s ad. Instead of attacking them, Ms. Coakley should explain to the people of Massachusetts why she refused support sensible gun control measures to make Massachusetts a safer place. Mass Forward continues to abide by all state law no matter what Ms. Coakley says. Her latest attack on our organization are a desperate attempt to distract voters from serious problems in her record on gun control.

##

got me banned from... markey's? facebook: i wonder if they have to adjust the camera height when they shoot commercials standing on the coffins of children. hold just as true here.

Out of sheer morbid curiosity, I browsed to massforward.org.

They have zero content on their website. The only thing there is a statement about how their previous commercial didn't jibe with the state's laws wrt campaign expenditures, and that they'll start airing a new anti-gun (pro-Grossman) ad starting yesterday.

Nothing else there about who they are, what they believe in, or why (other than his hardline anti-gun stance) anyone should vote for Grossman.

Methinks they're putting way too much attention and effort into "gun control" and are missing all the other issues facing our state and country.

Seriously -- this is the entirety of the 'content' on massforward.org:

Most of the super pacs set up a name of Mass forward or whatever. The money they use on the D side is usually from wealthy lib's and unions. The unions don't want their name on it directly so they'll all pool their money in some spiffy sounding group.

The governor cannot repeal it. The legislature can.

The governor can veto stuff.

If you're in CT and you don't vote or vote for Malloy or McKinney expect the 2013 round of gun control to continue. Think: suitablity interviews with every renewal like in MA, and all sorts of other bullshit.

For those who are pro-freedom CT Foley is the choice, the only choice. Voting for anyone else will put Malloy in for another 4 years.

I just had the opportunity to ask Foley via an email question to a radio interview he did on 94.9 news.

"Please ask Mr Foley, if in the unlikely event that the legislature puts a bill to repeal the assault weapons ban and standard capacity magazine ban on his desk, would he sign it, or veto it? This is a big issue to people in eastern Connecticut and I know I personally see no reason to support Mr Foley if he continues to be flaky on this subject."

Foley's answer was that if a bill came to his desk that altered or repealed the law he would sign it. Fair enough an answer for me. I think Foley will say whatever he can to get elected but obviously this isn't a big issue to him, he just plans to ride our hate for malloy into the governor's mansion. Foley may be "the" freedom candidate, but he is not "a" freedom candidate. So once again we get the lesser of two evils choice. I guess we will see.

....Foley's answer was that if a bill came to his desk that altered or repealed the law he would sign it. Fair enough an answer for me. I think Foley will say whatever he can to get elected but obviously this isn't a big issue to him, he just plans to ride our hate for malloy into the governor's mansion. Foley may be "the" freedom candidate, but he is not "a" freedom candidate. So once again we get the lesser of two evils choice. I guess we will see.

Regardless of if guns is a big issue for Foley he would be a fool to make it a big issue. If he did, Malloy would be re-elected for sure.

We have a chance with Foley. We have nothing but bad coming if that turd Malloy is re-elected.

I work in hfd and a lot of people can't stand him anymore. It doesn't look good for the attention loving pansy

So much retard in CT. Dude over the cube wall from me said aloud he voted for Malloy last time and will again because he supports UConn. I have no ability to deal with that level of retard.

So much retard in CT. Dude over the cube wall from me said aloud he voted for Malloy last time and will again because he supports UConn. I have no ability to deal with that level of retard.

Wow. That's a lot of derp. Want me to kill power to his cube???

I just had the opportunity to ask Foley via an email question to a radio interview he did on 94.9 news.

"Please ask Mr Foley, if in the unlikely event that the legislature puts a bill to repeal the assault weapons ban and standard capacity magazine ban on his desk, would he sign it, or veto it? This is a big issue to people in eastern Connecticut and I know I personally see no reason to support Mr Foley if he continues to be flaky on this subject."

Foley's answer was that if a bill came to his desk that altered or repealed the law he would sign it. Fair enough an answer for me. I think Foley will say whatever he can to get elected but obviously this isn't a big issue to him, he just plans to ride our hate for malloy into the governor's mansion. Foley may be "the" freedom candidate, but he is not "a" freedom candidate. So once again we get the lesser of two evils choice. I guess we will see.

If I were in CT, in this election I would vote for pretty much anyone who could be Malloy. Just to stick it up his read end and humble that little prick.

Malloy deserves some neg reps for his sleazery:

NEG.jpg

Simple minded, single issue voters should be ******.

Of course he is. He would cut kid's throats if he thought that would get him elected.

Is your governor in his 1st or 2nd term? I thought I read somewhere he was going to D.C... no?

Yup. Malloy is an uber-scumsucking pol. I believe that he is running for his 2nd term.

Gun Control and standing on the coffins of dead children is all that slimy POS has to run on. What has he done to make life better in CT?

Back
Top Bottom