Magpul on the Naughty List

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to calsdad again.

Exactly what would be the point of Magpul moving out of Colorado if they are going to stab their Colorado customers in the back?

Nobody is going to break it by boycotting magpul, though.... nobody will care, unless they do something that's particularly heinous, and that's unlikely.

Magpuls position on selling mags to LE is a far cry from zumbo land.

This is the same realm as the people who boycotted HK and Colt for their endless LE fapping. It went nowhere.

-Mike

Be that as it may, companies have changed policies under less pressure before.

Towards that end, I thought about this and though "what the Hell" and called S&W to get their take on this whole idea of not selling to LE agencies in states and localities that limit the rights of individuals. Before any of you bitch at me to tell me I'd be getting some flunkie in CS, I realize that. I have a lot of experience in the inner workings of big, bureaucratic corporations and I know well how they work. How they work is if they get enough calls, some decision maker will actually be forced to make one.

Anyway, the CS person was well aware of people pushing the big gun manufacturers in this direction and he knew smaller manufacturers were adopting the policy. He said that S&W hadn't made any decisions in this regard yet.

I also know full well what corporations will do in the name of profit, so I'm not holding my breath. However, they can be influenced by the power of lobbying.

I think I'll call Sig tomorrow.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to calsdad again.

Exactly what would be the point of Magpul moving out of Colorado if they are going to stab their Colorado customers in the back?

Given their recent moves it makes their Colorado thing just look like a way of trying to get some money out of the CO state government to stay in the state.

Be that as it may, companies have changed policies under less pressure before.

Towards that end, I thought about this and though "what the Hell" and called S&W to get their take on this whole idea of not selling to LE agencies in states and localities that limit the rights of individuals. Before any of you bitch at me to tell me I'd be getting some flunkie in CS, I realize that. I have a lot of experience in the inner workings of big, bureaucratic corporations and I know well how they work. How they work is if they get enough calls, some decision maker will actually be forced to make one.

Anyway, the CS person was well aware of people pushing the big gun manufacturers in this direction and he knew smaller manufacturers were adopting the policy. He said that S&W hadn't made any decisions in this regard yet.

I also know full well what corporations will do in the name of profit, so I'm not holding my breath. However, they can be influenced by the power of lobbying.

I think I'll call Sig tomorrow.

A big corporation is unlikely to just jump on whatever whim of the moment appears to be driving people's fancy.

Get a whole bunch of small companies first to buy in - and stick to it. Then start pushing companies like Magpul - who has already made some moves against the gun ban with their announcement that they would move out of CO - but appears to be vacillating in refusing to send mags to LEO's in ban states.

So they need a push.

Imagine for a moment that over the next couple of months Magpul's sales plummet. I'm pretty sure they would get the point. Is there anybody here who is jonesing for Magpul stuff who couldn't at least put off their purchases for a couple of months? Seriously is that too much of a sacrifice for you?

So imagine that Magpul gets a couple of months of absolutely shitty sales. So they finally come out and announce that they will not ship product to LEO's in ban states. Another victory is had - a relatively large one.

And the rest of the "bigs" start seeing who is REALLY in control: THE CONSUMER.

Maybe Beretta announces they are now moving out of Maryland. They experience a spike in sales with people appreciatively buying their products for making the move. Then somebody announces that Beretta signed a big contract with some ban-state LE dept.

And their civilian sales plummet for a couple of months. They also get the picture - and announce they will not send product into states where civilians cannot own their products. Sales go up again.

The picture starts to get clearer for the other manufacturers.

Now you only need to get one of the bigs. Maybe S&W is the most likely target to fall. So target them.

One by one you topple the dominoes until you get what you want.

If you don't play the game - you cannot win.

The money always talks. But only if you MAKE IT.

Seriously people - why is this so goddamed hard to figure out?

then why not just stop buying all guns, ammo, accessories, food, clothes, etc from organizations that sell them to NY state organizations?

Or how about companies that sell consumer goods to the federal government? Stop buying from them. All of them. Processed foods. Textiles. Gasoline. Fast food. Start making a list and start sticking to it. Do they sell to state governments who violate your rights? Do they sell to federal governments that violate your rights? If the answer is yes: don't you dare buy anything from them. Ever.

Seriously- you are either all in, or you're a ****ing poser.

Last edited:
then why not just stop buying all guns, ammo, accessories, food, clothes, etc from organizations that sell them to NY state organizations?

Or how about companies that sell consumer goods to the federal government? Stop buying from them. All of them. Processed foods. Textiles. Gasoline. Fast food. Start making a list and start sticking to it. Do they sell to state governments who violate your rights? Do they sell to federal governments that violate your rights? If the answer is yes: don't you dare buy anything from them. Ever.

If you've got a better answer we'd all like to hear it.

Maybe we should elect better politicians?? [rofl]

I already do that to best of my abilities. Do you?

Magpul, you just lost about $2K in revenue. I have canceled ALL of my orders and backorders. Good job guys. [rolleyes] [sad2]

Last edited:
Maybe we should elect better politicians?? [rofl]

3qkyx5.jpg

ha, ha. NOT

[h=1]Regarding LEO Sales[/h]March 1st, 2013

Back in 1990, when I was deployed in Desert Shield and Desert Storm as a Marine grunt, some companies prioritized me items for my M16 for shipping that I purchased with my own funds. After getting out and forming Magpul in 1999, I established the same priority policy for Military and Law Enforcement, due to the requirements of their profession.

The same policy has been in place for 13 years now and has never been an issue until a few days ago. I do not support the idea that individual police officers should be punished for the actions of their elected officials. That said, I understand the concerns that some have with Law Enforcement officers getting special treatment while at the same time denouncing second amendment rights to another citizen in the same state.

With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens.

Richard Fitzpatrick
President/CEO - Founder
Magpul Industries

Back on the happy list.....
REGARDING LEO SALES
March 1st, 2013

Back in 1990, when I was deployed in Desert Shield and Desert Storm as a Marine grunt, some companies prioritized me items for my M16 for shipping that I purchased with my own funds. After getting out and forming Magpul in 1999, I established the same priority policy for Military and Law Enforcement, due to the requirements of their profession.

The same polic...y has been in place for 13 years now and has never been an issue until a few days ago. I do not support the idea that individual police officers should be punished for the actions of their elected officials. That said, I understand the concerns that some have with Law Enforcement officers getting special treatment while at the same time denouncing second amendment rights to another citizen in the same state.

With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens.

Richard Fitzpatrick
President/CEO - Founder
Magpul Industries

I'm not saying I did it, but I did send this at 9 am. [wink] I guess they finally felt the pressure.

Subject: I am boycotting your company

After reading the post from Mr. Justin Beard on ar15.com, I have decided to stop buying your products until you change your stance. As you know, we are in an historic fight to retain 2nd amendment rights in this country. The only thing that politicians understand is economic impact. Law Enforcement, while frequently supportive of civilian 2A rights, is also called upon to enforce unconstitutional laws. While I applaud your efforts in Colorado, it's time for you to take a more decisive stand against the powers that are trying to undue the Constitution. If Law Enforcement were held to the same restrictions that civilians are held too, politicians would no longer be able to make unconstitutional laws. You need to do your part.

Sincerely,

wacky_doug
MA firearms instructor, NRA instructor

I love you magpul, but you hurt me. You're great a lot of the time, but when you get mad you're like a totally different person! How do I know if I give you another chance, it won't end up like last time?? I just don't know if I can trust you....[crying]

I do not dislike cops, but they are not "fighting men". If I don't "need" standard cap mags, they do not either. I agree with their policy of helping out soldiers ordering their own stuff.
That said, I will be hard pressed to finish of my AR with Magpul parts. I like the products and already have some on it. I had planned on finishing off the furniture with a Magpul stock and a big stack of the new 10 round mags for range duty. Now? Highly unlikely.

They've put me in a weird place. I have been supporting them with my $$$ because of their Co stand, as I sit here with a small stack of Pmags that need to be put away. I was still at Sig when they decided to take the deal that H&K took. I felt like i was supporting those who would support our demise. I said as much publicly as well. I knew that it could cost me my job but it's a price that was willing to pay. and no, I will not claim to have left Sig because of their policy, only that I knew that my opinion "if" implemented could by virtue of a business downturn, cost me my position

So this leaves me in much the same position, Magpul furniture, mags, I don't know at the moment

I boycotted Magpul and burned all of the parts I had bought from them in protest. I then decided to take it a step further, and I boyotted Walmart, Dicks, Cabela's, Kittery, CVS, Rite-Aid, Walgreens, Market Basket, BP, Mobil, Sony, Target, Exeter Hospital, GE, Samsung, Apple, Nintendo, Microsoft, Angry Orchard, Glaxo Smith-Kline, Phizer, Universal Studios, Spring Valley, Skullcandy, Budweiser, Goodyear, Nike, Adidas, Camelback, Levi's, Comcast, Toshiba, Volkswagen, Ford, and Duracell. I also burned everything I owned made by them. Naked, cold, hungry and alone, I figured out a way to post this message using a combination of carrier pigeons (I had to compose my note on a leaf using my blood as ink, because I can't use anything made by Hammermill or Bic) and smoke signals.

I realized that as an American, it is my right, my duty to oppose anyone and everything that doesn't completely align with my political views. I cannot, in good faith, ever participate in the electoral process, because no one will ever do exactly what I want. I can't ever buy anything again, because corporations sometimes spend money and enact policies on things that I don't agree with. I'm going to live my life in this little bubble for the rest of eternity to shield myself from everything out there I don't completely agree with. So far, I have water, dirt, and apples, but I'm somewhat suspect of them, since they are red. Like communism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom