mace suggestions

since im only 19 and my only means of self defense is a assit opener knife, im looking for recomendations a good mace i can carry.. i know it may sound wussy but its better than nothing.

thanks

since im only 19 and my only means of self defense is a assit opener knife, im looking for recomendations a good mace i can carry.. i know it may sound wussy but its better than nothing.
thanks

Many here carry OC in addition to a firearm. Some of us aren't able to carry a firearm (restricted license) and some protection is better than none. Nothing wussy about it. It's smart.

+1 on the license thing. You can either take an appropriate training class and get and FID which allows you to buy long guns, ammo, and OC/Mace, or apply for an FID "restricted" with no training and carry OC (see here: http://www.goal.org/misc/faq/structure.pdf).

Matt

Watch out for the issue when carrying an "assisted opening" knife for self-defense in MA.

Many police officers, and perhaps some prosecutors, may consider that knife illegal to carry.

knfe

thanks
carry a fixed blade; always ready. [wink]

I am an OCAT Instructor and I must say....

If you want to carry a form of mace or Pepper spray.... I prefer the Sabre Red OCAT 10%.

good stuff...

my 2 cents

i have my FID card and i own many long guns and i also collect shotguns and muzzle loaders. im too young to get my LTC so i figured i mine as well give myself some options in defense.

Last edited:
yes

do they make fixed blades that have a in side the waist band or in the pocket sheath?

yes; many companies make them. you will have to do an extensive google search under "combat, tactical, concealed .
or fighting knives for sale. then find what you like. knives that come in klydex sheaths are excellent. the blade will not cut through. also look at neck knives."[smile]

Last edited:
Or get a good one-handed lock blade and practice opening it quickly. I sprayed a little teflon spray in the hinge of mine and it will snap open very quickly with a flick of my wrist.

I don't know what the rest of these folks are talking about. There's no permit required to carry a mace, although you might get some odd looks...

Back
Top Bottom