• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Canted RMR mount suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico9283

NES Member
Looking to run an offset dot. I’m not picky about which degree they’re at, but does anyone know which offset mounts are at the right dimensions to place the offset optic exactly over bore? I’ve noticed quite a few of them don’t line up the with the barrel, forcing you to either aim slightly right or left depending on what distance you’re zeroed at.

They all line up with barrel. Its just that the base of the dot isn't always perpendicular when it is. Make sighting in a little more difficult. But not an issue when shooting

Looking to run an offset dot. I’m not picky about which degree they’re at, but does anyone know which offset mounts are at the right dimensions to place the offset optic exactly over bore? I’ve noticed quite a few of them don’t line up the with the barrel, forcing you to either aim slightly right or left depending on what distance you’re zeroed at.
Umm. Yeah. If it’s not on top, you will need to compensate for R to L offset.

So only way is to co witnesses on top. Otherwise you need to compensate for l to r.

So only way is to co witnesses on top. Otherwise you need to compensate for l to r.
This isn’t true. There are offset mounts with different lengths, I just don’t want to have to go through the process of buyin 8 different mounts for trial and error to find one that sits centered over-bore

someone on another site recommended the Arisaka offset mount.
Says it right on their website: “The mount's unique geometry correctly aligns the optic vertically over the bore and maintains a consistent height at both 35 and 45 degrees”

someone on another site recommended the Arisaka offset mount.
Says it right on their website: “The mount's unique geometry correctly aligns the optic vertically over the bore and maintains a consistent height at both 35 and 45 degrees”
it does not matter which mount. get any 45deg rail mount that stands out. usual pistol RMR is a bad choice also, you want a tube design there.
don`t reinvent the bicycle.

1690465814794.png

1690465863979.png

Last edited:
it does not matter which mount. get any 45deg rail mount that stands out. usual pistol RMR is a bad choice also, you want a tube design there.
don`t reinvent the bicycle.

View attachment 778719

View attachment 778720
I'll second @Supermoto; why?

I've got an AR, scoped with a LVPO that I want to put an offset dot on. Friend of mine recommended SwampFox Kraken & 45 offset mount; that's what he's running. I'm still in the looking/thinking stage...

I'll second @Supermoto; why?

I've got an AR, scoped with a LVPO that I want to put an offset dot on. Friend of mine recommended SwampFox Kraken & 45 offset mount; that's what he's running. I'm still in the looking/thinking stage...
it is just way more practical as it is built to be on a rifle.
plus open reflex is exposed to elements. boxed closed emitter with side buttons are usable, but the holosun i posted with buttons on top are just better.
using things for what they were designed to be used just makes more practical sense, that is all. no dust/moisture , more prone to side hits and is overall sturdier.

it is just way more practical as it is built to be on a rifle.
plus open reflex is exposed to elements. boxed closed emitter with side buttons are usable, but the holosun i posted with buttons on top are just better.
using things for what they were designed to be used just makes more practical sense, that is all. no dust/moisture , more prone to side hits and is overall sturdier.

With all due respect, I don’t really want this thread to become a debate about why.. or about why a tube is better than an rmr. It was a simple question about mounts.

@Admin please lock this up, got my answer elsewhere.. this is only going to go off-topic or be a bunch of uninformed opinions from here on out. Not following any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom