• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fun / Cool FID Rifle Suggestions

If those is higher than the budget, the Rossi RS22 ($140) and Savage Arms 64F ($150) are options, although I dislike Savage Arms for a horrendous first gun purchase I made with them (Model 93) where my bolt would simply never stop rusting, and they never made it right.

Don't get the rossi.. that never runs right..i have one
Don't get the 64F either, it's not nice. I got a 64FL because mirror image left hand rifles are rather uncommon, but it's exactly what I expected. Crap trigger, bad finish, cheap annoying stock. It does work, I'll give it that - and is reasonably accurate for a cheap 22. Mostly I keep it around to torture right handed shooters with.

Those kits are pretty cheap. Maybe I should build one, will go with my white 22/45 I use for steel challenge.

How did it shoot?
Shot great. It does add linkage to the trigger function, which takes a little getting used to. Probably could do some fiddling with to make it more solid, but some of it's just inherent with bullpups anyway. Zero issues with function otherwise.

The longer, 25 round (I think) mags worked way easier, as you had to cram your hand into the chassis to fit the 5 and 10 rounders. So, on any shoots that limit mag capacity, that'd be something to be aware of.

Have to run an 18" or longer barrel, to hit minimum overall...but it's still a tiny package.

Crap. Might be talking myself into building another one..... Thanks, Broc. [thumbsup]

Shot great. It does add linkage to the trigger function, which takes a little getting used to. Probably could do some fiddling with to make it more solid, but some of it's just inherent with bullpups anyway. Zero issues with function otherwise.

The longer, 25 round (I think) mags worked way easier, as you had to cram your hand into the chassis to fit the 5 and 10 rounders. So, on any shoots that limit mag capacity, that'd be something to be aware of.

Have to run an 18" or longer barrel, to hit minimum overall...but it's still a tiny package.

Crap. Might be talking myself into building another one..... Thanks, Broc. [thumbsup]

I wonder how it would work with my existing 10/22 using a 3oz KIDD trigger.

I think I will order one when I am back in MA.

Back
Top Bottom