• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Road trip to Greenville Maine suggestions.

It was Reds Lakeside then The Black Frog. f***ing crazy place. Total nut show. The owner started another famous place that the name escapes me now but arson couldn’t be proved and I’ll leave it at that.
Roadkill Cafe. That was the place he started. The one near the junction had a “fire”. Then he moved it into the East Cove location.

The area is loaded with them! But if you’ve never really been up that way, a cool place for you and your son to check out is the B52 crash on the east side of the lake. It’s a nice dirt road drive in and out.

But overall if you just want to cruise dirt roads, there are enough to fill a lifetime of driving. If you’re going to go for a drive, I highly suggest picking up a Maine Atlas and Gazetteer. You can pick one up at Indian Hill. Or pretty much any little store, gas station, etc etc.

If you want to see moose the bog, next to the highway garage just south of town is usually a guarantee at dusk. But, they outnumber people up there, so, it’s not hard to run into one.

If you guys want to do a little wading and maybe hook a salmon, head up Lily Bay Rd to Kakadjo and hit the roach river. The lobster roll at the trading post is surprisingly good for where you are. Although, Fred and Marie are as appealing as sour milk…..
Made it to the b52 crash site thanks for the tip! Went in pong pond road and came out scammon road. That's something you don't see every day! B52 parts strewn all over the woods. Had lunch at Kelly's it was good. Probably have dinner there too cuz we can can walk there lol. Found moosehead Lagar at Indian Hill Trading Post! Score! That was my college beer haven't seen it locally to me in a looking time. Grabbed 2 cases 😂

20230618_132435.jpg 20230618_132435.jpg 20230618_133026.jpg

Attachments

• 20230618_132442.jpg
    20230618_132442.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Glad to see you guys went to see the crash site and are enjoying the area. It’s a pretty special place to me.

Try Shipard Export. It’s at least an American beer……

Last edited:
The guide we had was Gary Caruso. Excellent guide. We couldn't salmon fish cuz the rivers are all super high and flooded. He took is for smallies instead. Must have caught 50 fish lol. When it's 9am and you've already lost count of how many you've landed you know it's gonna be a good day.

Have you bush whacked into Mud Pond by Prong? We keep talking about it.
No - sounds worth trying. Let me know how it went when you get to do it.
I was on Prong with the snowmobile trying to get to Mud but we had to turn back as a storm was coming in.
I did some bush whacking last year between Seboomook and Lobster lake.

Back
Top Bottom