• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for holster suggestions

So for my Canik TP9 SF Elite (which is about the same size as your P320C)

I use this. It's simple, and with 1 point of contact with your belt, once it settles into a comfortable spot, tighten your belt and you are good to go. I wear this for up to 10 hours at a time, walking around, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, and sitting. It's cheap, completely covers the trigger guard, and doesn't shift around. I have big waist and a bigger gut, and this sits just aft of 3'oclock for me. The only time you will see an imprint is if if I bend down, and even then, it blends in nicely with my spare tire =D.

For years I have purchased Vedder Holsters. My last two have significantly declined in quality from when I first started purchasing, the most recent having imperfection in the kydex on the inside causing cosmetic damage to a brand new gun.

Whil I’m not actually worried about consmetic damage, Vedders response to this was a complete joke.

I have since moved to Tier 1, specifically the Tier 1 Echo for concealed carry. Frankly, for me the design is far superior to previous holsters with a “claw” type attachment not being needed because of the location of the rear belt clip. Very well thought out design unlike most gun industry / holster crap that is really just some ass hat with some kydex and a vacuum press.

The design of my Tier 1 Echo makes a Glock 43x with optic and light feel smaller and appear smaller than carrying a Glock 42 in a newer Comp-Tac holster (not that I often carry a 42 on the hip, but it does happen on occasion in specific situations) This positive attributes have a lot to do with the design wrapping the grip of the pistol around your body due to the flexibility in the wing design of the front clip and the rear clip sitting on top of a molding hump eliminating the need for a claw to do something similar. Clips and hardware are also the nicest I have seen on any holster as well. Downsides auto Tier 1 or price and wait times, but the are well worth it in my opinion

Last edited:
I've been using a tenicor zero belt and have no complaints. Super easy to resize and the thickness/firmness is perfect - way more comfortable (aiwb) than any other gun belt I've tried.

Last couple of holsters have been ANR Design. Solid.

I liked the Crossbreed Supertuck for comfort & still wear their classic gun belts daily

Everything is on sale there for 20% too

I've been using a tenicor zero belt and have no complaints. Super easy to resize and the thickness/firmness is perfect - way more comfortable (aiwb) than any other gun belt I've tried.

Last couple of holsters have been ANR Design. Solid.
Took a look at ANR. What kind of "30 day warranty, $15 for lifetime" nonsense is that?

For years I have purchased Vedder Holsters. My last two have significantly declined in quality from when I first started purchasing, the most recent having imperfection in the kydex on the inside causing cosmetic damage to a brand new gun.

Whil I’m not actually worried about consmetic damage, Vedders response to this was a complete joke.

I have since moved to Tier 1, specifically the Tier 1 Echo for concealed carry. Frankly, for me the design is far superior to previous holsters with a “claw” type attachment not being needed because of the location of the rear belt clip. Very well thought out design unlike most gun industry / holster crap that is really just some ass hat with some kydex and a vacuum press.

The design of my Tier 1 Echo makes a Glock 43x with optic and light feel smaller and appear smaller than carrying a Glock 42 in a newer Comp-Tac holster (not that I often carry a 42 on the hip, but it does happen on occasion in specific situations) This positive attributes have a lot to do with the design wrapping the grip of the pistol around your body due to the flexibility in the wing design of the front clip and the rear clip sitting on top of a molding hump eliminating the need for a claw to do something similar. Clips and hardware are also the nicest I have seen on any holster as well. Downsides auto Tier 1 or price and wait times, but the are well worth it in my opinion
I bought a Tier 1 appendix rig last year and it is really excellent. They are slow and expensive though.

Might buy another from them this year for my summer carry.

I was thinking about ordering a Vedder OWB holster too, sad to hear you had issues. I think a lot of manufacturers had huge backlogs due to high demand in 2020-2022. Maybe that caused QC issues. Maybe they will be less rushed now.

i gonna try to continue this thread. want a holster update, as nothing is comfortable.
my p365 has a streamlight tlr6 on it. ideally i want a soft leather shell around a kydex frame that would hold a gun plus a spare mag.
the issue so far was to find this for a tlr6 combo.

i really want a good soft leather around especially base of the kydex, so it would not press its edge into the flesh and be manageable during driving with less rubbing, IWB appendix or further to the right, tho i usually do not like gun to be right above the dick, but, it`s not so many other options out there.

i gonna try to continue this thread. want a holster update, as nothing is comfortable.
my p365 has a streamlight tlr6 on it. ideally i want a soft leather shell around a kydex frame that would hold a gun plus a spare mag.

i really want a good soft leather around especially base of the kydex, so it would not press its edge into the flesh and be manageable during driving with less rubbing, IWB appendix or further to the right, tho i usually do not like gun to be right above the dick, but, it`s not so many other options out there.
This guy makes nice holsters. He'll do one specific to your gun with that tlr-6, etc...

This guy makes nice holsters. He'll do one specific to your gun with that tlr-6, etc...
looks interesting, but, no option for the second mag, and the separate mag holster is $40, plus $90 for the other... but, looks good.

Have you considered a wedge or just adding a layer of neoprene to a kydex holster that otherwise meets your needs?

For my P320XC I used a Vedder LightTuck Kydex IWB. I ordered it with the claw. Here are my comments feedback:

1. I didn't care for the claw so I removed it.
2. The holster ships with the "long" clip. With this clip the holster height makes it where the optic height was in the middle of my pants line. In other words the optic was partially under the edge of my parts and partially above the pants line. If you read the reviews on the Vedder website for this holster you will see a few people mention this. I didn't like this at all.
3. I ordered a "short" clip from Vedder and installed that. This gave me what I thought was a solution. The holster rode higher and the optic was completely above the pants/belt line. This was a much better solution than with the long clip however I still never cared for it.

I sent a suggestion to Vedder that they mention this in the product description and give the buyer the option to order the holster with either a short or long clip. As of now you still can't specify which clip length you want.

If I was going to buy another Vedder IWB holster for the P320XC I would probably get the ComfortTuck.
I bought the LightTuck in January and I was able to get both clips (1.5" & 1.75")for an extra $6. They had the option right on the website.

I bought the LightTuck in January and I was able to get both clips (1.5" & 1.75")for an extra $6. They had the option right on the website.

I think you are referring to the clip width (belt size). I was referring to the clip length (height) which determines ride height. You can get short and long. The LightTuck ships with the long clip which means the holster rides lower in relation to the belt. If you want the short clip, for a higher ride, you must order it separate at an additional $7.99 . They could/should offer you to pick the clip length when you order the holster.

Single Rock Solid Spring Steel Belt Clip (Tuckable)

I've been using a We The People IWB holster on my strong side hip for about 8 months now. I probably wear this 70% of days with the remaining 30% using a Safariland OWB holster. It is plenty comfortable and I haven't had any issues with it. I use a claw with it to pin the grip closer to my side.

I think you are referring to the clip width (belt size). I was referring to the clip length (height) which determines ride height. You can get short and long. The LightTuck ships with the long clip which means the holster rides lower in relation to the belt. If you want the short clip, for a higher ride, you must order it separate at an additional $7.99 . They could/should offer you to pick the clip length when you order the holster.

Single Rock Solid Spring Steel Belt Clip (Tuckable)
My apologies, I understand what you mean now.

I could not find a holster that I liked. Tried a bunch. I kind of tolerated the crossbreed IWB holster for my Glock 43X. But I recently did away with all my striker fired pistols. And holster options for the Ruger Speed 6, GP-100, and Sig M11-A1 really left a lot to be desired. So I went to Tandy leather, bought some tooling leather, and some tools. And now I’m making my own leather holsters. Nothing too crazy, but each one is working better than the last.

looks nice, but, after i follow the size selector app it says - sorry, that size is currently not available. duh.
will see later, thx for the tip.

Good stiff belt is more important than anything spend the $$$ on that.........any tuckable Kydex IWB holster of decent thickness.

Usually I go to Amazon and get one off there 20-30 dollars from the bevy of providers.

Just bought one for my Mossy MC2C, which was harder to find as its not that popular, but its a fantastic piece, way thinner than a G19 and still that carries a 16 rds.

Had to go to Aggressive Concealment for that, and they had one for 35 bucks, to my door.

Just got a Streamlight TLR 1HL and a Werkz M7 holster for my G34 to use primarily for IDPA. Since they also fit my G17, I figured I would try them on. So far, so good. I think I will end up ordering a second of each for carry. Will also get a Werkz M6 for IWB carry.
IMG_1314.jpg
IMG_1315.jpg

I really like Elite IWB holsters. I have one for a H&K P30SK and another for a 1911. They are as comfortable as an IWB can be, and keep things confidential, the way they should be.

Blackpoint Tactical, I don’t think you can go wrong with one of these holsters. So far for me this is the most comfortable IWB that I’ve ever owned.

His website says 9-11 weeks out for wait, but I had both within 30 days. Absolutely love these and I’m using a pretty soft thin belt from Dynamus for EDC, they don’t budge and the belt doesn’t sag for these micro/compact carry guns. Comfort level is A+ with that configuration.

DBEFBE6E-AA32-499D-889E-909E9AFDEE8A.jpeg 98B846C1-B8F3-48E0-8B9C-AEE48540E34F.jpeg 1D4EF30F-3846-48B0-B40C-0AAF087CE6B9.jpeg

Planned on running the Werkz holster in today’s match, but I hated the position it was in. Too high and too close. That would have been fine for carry, but not ideal for a match. Ran my gun without a light in my Ghost Civilian holster which I absolutely love. The Werkz is Bladetech and Safariland attachment compatible but I am going make a custom hanger for it.

Another vote for Kore belts. They make leather and more “tactical versions. Love how adjustable it is and I’ve worn mine every day for several years now with minimal signs of use. They also have a hanger you can that will hold a couple up in a closet.

As for holsters I’m a fan of Vedder but have found that holsters are trial and error until you find one that works.

Just recently went with a Tulster OWB and IWB for my P365. Added the Echo Mag Carrier and both have been solid. I wear an EDC Belt and I think that makes the difference with any holster.

Was looking at Urban G3, anybody have feedback?

Back
Top Bottom