• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for holster suggestions

Iv got a p320c and looking for a comfortable holster. Im not a skinny guy. Anyone have a suggestion on one?

you gonna try to wear it IWB or AIWB?

Kydex or leather or both?

there are hundred (probably thousands) of guys making Kydex holsters.

Vedder, Garrett (leather lined!), Blackpoint, and on and on and on......................

you gonna try to wear it IWB or AIWB?

Kydex or leather or both?

there are hundred (probably thousands) of guys making Kydex holsters.

Vedder, Garrett (leather lined!), Blackpoint, and on and on and on......................
Iwb on my hip is what i was thinking

probably the #1 or maybe #2 thing is: Get a GOOD CCW level belt!!!!!!!!!

Personally a big fan of Kore or Nexbelt. For a lighter belt & buckle, check
out Wilderness LoPro EDC belt. Regular crappy belts are not good.

Also, if you think you're going to add a RedDot or so, make sure your holster of choice
can be ordered w/ an appropriate cutout for it

Last edited:

probably the #1 or maybe #2 thing is: Get a GOOD CCW level belt!!!!!!!!!

Personally a big fan of Kore or Nexbelt. Regular crappy belts are not good.

Also, if you think you're going to add a RedDot or so, make sure your holster of choice

You have the Kore slide belt? Which one?

Been looking at those, I have the groove life belt which is super comfy but not strong enough for anything other that micro carry (p365).

I use a Crossbreed Mini Tuck with the horse hide backer for a S&W Shield plus to carry at the 7:00 O'clock (left handed). It's an IWB, tuckable (you can tuck your shirt in). The mini is smaller than the King and is already combat cut. The holster section is kydex and the backer is leather (horse hide is an option).

For an OWB I have an Urban Carry for a Hellcat. It's a hybrid with a Quick retention feature.

For Appendix use with a P365 I have a We the people holster with a claw (option) which is kydex.

Lastly there is a Vedder holster with the curve and thumb tab (optional) for a Bodyguard 380 for pocket carry.

There's four popular names for you to poke thru to see what may fit your circumstances.

You didn't mention a belt but I like Kore Essentials. You can adjust them in 1/4" increments and they just look like a regular belt.

Been looking at those, I have the groove life belt which is super comfy but not strong enough for anything other that micro carry (p365).

I have the Kore 1.5" Buffalo/Bison leather with the slide lock buckle. I love it. My only complaint is the buckle is made in China.

I have 8 dollar slide belts that holds up just fine with full size guns with standard mags

Gotta get the nylon ones though. The leather ones misform especially if you have a gut which i did for a while

I have a P320XC with a Romeo Pro red dot. I carried it IWB pretty much from last October to February.

Never got used to the optic. The optic made it more bulky than I cared for. Optic also could dig into you depending on the angle etc. and that was no fun. In the end I decided if I was going to continue carrying the P320XC I would remove the optic.

Last edited:
To the ops point i carry with a kydex holster from some rando and in straight up and down.

It really matters with what you find comfortable op and how much you care about printing

Basic holster, no retention?

I like the DeSantis basic leather IWB holsters, they are cheap enough but hold the gun tight in the holster

Holsters are really subjective.... but what all of them have in common is they need a good sturdy belt to do their job

1681480342599.png 1681480342599.png

For my P320XC I used a Vedder LightTuck Kydex IWB. I ordered it with the claw. Here are my comments feedback:

1. I didn't care for the claw so I removed it.
2. The holster ships with the "long" clip. With this clip the holster height makes it where the optic height was in the middle of my pants line. In other words the optic was partially under the edge of my parts and partially above the pants line. If you read the reviews on the Vedder website for this holster you will see a few people mention this. I didn't like this at all.
3. I ordered a "short" clip from Vedder and installed that. This gave me what I thought was a solution. The holster rode higher and the optic was completely above the pants/belt line. This was a much better solution than with the long clip however I still never cared for it.

I sent a suggestion to Vedder that they mention this in the product description and give the buyer the option to order the holster with either a short or long clip. As of now you still can't specify which clip length you want.

If I was going to buy another Vedder IWB holster for the P320XC I would probably get the ComfortTuck.

Vedder's are fine but honestly, now that I've got more 'experience', I don't see what
they offer 'more' than many other Kydex holsters. And they can lose that silly pullstring
bag and shave a $1 or 2 off.

I'm kinda groovin' on the Garretts w/ their bonded leather/kydex.

Oh, to the OP: Be very careful if you get a full leather IWB. Many/most squish so re-holstering
can be somewhat 'problematic' (Read: unscheduled ER visit cause you just shot your ass off)

Basic holster, no retention?

I like the DeSantis basic leather IWB holsters, they are cheap enough but hold the gun tight in the holster

Holsters are really subjective.... but what all of them have in common is they need a good sturdy belt to do their job

View attachment 742272View attachment 742272
I don't like leather now i have a kid and chase his ass around all the time. Kydex definitely holds it in better in my opinion

Holster choices are very very personal. Everyone loves crossbreed. I have a few, but hardly ever use them anymore. I've gone to single clips because I can move them around to find a comfortable spot. I really like my Hidden Hybrid ones.

As for belts... I'm a huge fan of the click/ratchet type belts.

I posted a review of my Kore vs Nexbelt here a few years ago.

Last edited:
I have 8 dollar slide belts that holds up just fine with full size guns with standard mags

Gotta get the nylon ones though. The leather ones misform especially if you have a gut which i did for a while
Good news! This has nothing to do with having a gut, and everything to do with having a body. Even when I call myself fat, nobody has ever accused me of having a gut.

This is my Hank's Amish belt:
20230414_103115.jpg

Leather is shaped with heat, pressure, and moisture. Wearing a belt applies all three.

In the PRO column: with time, your belt will fit to your body. This makes your pants hang better, and feel more natural as you move.

In the CON column: you eventually have a C-shaped belt that may have trouble holding up your gun.

Good news! This has nothing to do with having a gut, and everything to do with having a body. Even when I call myself fat, nobody has ever accused me of having a gut.

This is my Hank's Amish belt:
View attachment 742281

Leather is shaped with heat, pressure, and moisture. Wearing a belt applies all three.

In the PRO column: with time, your belt will fit to your body. This makes your pants hang better, and feel more natural as you move.

In the CON column: you eventually have a C-shaped belt that may have trouble holding up your gun.
You can avoid that with most belts if you flip it every other day when you wear it

I got the mission slide belt and I like the buckle but not the belt. The 1.5” feels like 1.25”. Might have to get the Kore belts, just don’t love their buckles.

Leather: Milt Sparks Versa Max (VM) II - hands down the most comfortable IWB holster you’ll ever own/use!

Kydex: Garrett Industries Silent Thunder (several variations) - Leather lined Kydex holster of impeccable quality. Great folks to do business with as well!

That’s why there’s a shit ton of holster makers out there - everyone has different likes/dislikes… My suggestions were just that - suggestions based on my experience.
And mine as well. I didn't say the VM2 was a bad holster, just that it didn't work for me.

Back
Top Bottom