Looking for a Suunto watch, Navy SEAL style

I just got a Core all black from Amazon (through the Comm2a link) yesterday. I've been lugging my monstrous Ecodrive around for 3 years and I realize now how heavy it is. This seems like a good watch, time will tell. I noticed they have face protectors for them like a cell phone; does anyone run them? It seems to me that if I have to worry about it scratching that much, it's not a very rugged watch.

Just wear the damn thing.

Sent from my NSA issued device

I have a Sea Pathfinder and think its the best digital watch Ive owned. It does depth, compass, baro, and temp. The only negative I can provide is that the damn keeper keeps sliding around and the end of the band pops out. No big deal.

A really nice feature is that its capable of lighting the display for you when you tilt it in the dark.

My "operator"friend turned me on to the casio pathfinder solar. Two years still going strong.

Anyone have any experience with the Suunto Core Ultimate Black? I can get one for $280. Worth it?

I have that one. I love it. Extremely helpful when out and about, including the barometric storm alarm. 280 is a bit high, Dvor.com has them now and again for right near 200.00

e9e8u4yp.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think have the same exact watch. (Unless yours is some super high end model and I'm being clueless here), Less than $20 , no issues, water resistant as well - not just pretending.

Last edited:
I had to send my Suunto Core in to Suunto for service recently and it was a very quick turn-around and they were very easy to deal with. My lower/right button (light button, amongst other features) had stopped working. Filled out a quick questionnaire on their website with the serial, printed out the UPS 2nd day air label they provided, and shipped it. They had it repaired with 1-2 days of receiving it and had it shipped 2nd day air back to me. Had online status tracking too and sent an email when it shipped with the tracking # and a list of what they repaired. Good company.

I had to send my Suunto Core in to Suunto for service recently and it was a very quick turn-around and they were very easy to deal with. My lower/right button (light button, amongst other features) had stopped working. Filled out a quick questionnaire on their website with the serial, printed out the UPS 2nd day air label they provided, and shipped it. They had it repaired with 1-2 days of receiving it and had it shipped 2nd day air back to me. Had online status tracking too and sent an email when it shipped with the tracking # and a list of what they repaired. Good company.

+1. I just had the same experience. It was a surprisingly quick and easy process.

Back
Top Bottom