Live from the Rally

They will sneak whatever they can by in the middle of the night that is for sure.

That's one of my biggest concerns; that we'll actually make some progress, and reach some of the more level headed legislators, only to see the rug pulled out from under us.

They are no Dr.'s in Planned Parenthood...they go by the term "Infant Executioners"

Do you really need to go there? [rolleyes]

(and this thread was going so well).

Is that what I said?

1.) I'm not for sharing medical records with the Feds
2.) I could deem everyone who owns a firearm dangerous. That doesn't make it true.

This is a disaster waiting to happen. Once againGOAL has expressed its willingness to sell out its members for scraps from the table. They are traitors to the cause and I strongly suggest people stop donating.

You realize all Jim "sold out" was already the Fed definition of a PP.

Athens_Beach_volleyball_Cheerleaders_03_display_image.jpg

One of the pictures wasn't really taken at the rally, just seeing if you're paying attention.

Okay, I think it might be this one - it was way too cold/windy for that sort of activity today. Jim Wallace wouldn't even wear his kilt.

Look, I'm not speaking for anyone else, this is my take.

Criminal and mental dangers to society need to be addressed. Using due process where people can defend themselves, evidence is given, and a jury ultimately decides, I believe that people can be stripped of their rights.

But, you lose ALL your rights. If you can not be trusted with a gun, I don't want you aiming a 6000 lb motor vehicle at me either. I don't want you hanging around public areas. I don't want you casting a ballot. I don't want you in any position where you might pose a threat to my freedoms.

A person is either a danger to society and for the good of everyone including the person, they need to be placed in a highly structured environment, or, they are a free citizen with full rights.

Anything else is contrary to every principle our country is founded on.

That these political hacks feel they have some power vested on them that allows them to determine what rights any person may enjoy is not a constitutional republic, but a toletarian government.

Which is EXACTLY what Wallace said at the rally.

I don't know where people are coming up with 2000+ numbers it was 800-1200 absolute max.

The numbers are what we say they are. Those who seek to limit our civil rights have set the rules with this tactic. This war will be won in MSM and pop culture with good sound bites, not substance (sadly)

This is a PR campaign pure and simple. Logic simply does not apply to the masses. Feed them the right bs and they will eat it up.
My count btw was under 1k.
My 'official' count 2500.

Jim Wallace delivered one of the best lines of the day. Standing at the podium, he pulled out his phone, took a pic, and said "I need to see what a crowd of 50 people looks like" (paraphrase)

They will sneak whatever they can by in the middle of the night that is for sure. ...
They pulled this with Chapter 180 of 1998. They also pulled this with one of their public hearings, with maybe one or two day's notice.

... It would take over 10K probably to get into the "next tier" of grabbing the attention of the masses. That can and indeed needs to happen should any of these bills get traction.

Great speakers!

June4th, great job Sir! Once again an extremely well thought out and well put together speech that was nothing like the last one but every bit as good. You may not think so but you are a truly gifted public speaker/writer! You always manage to cover a range of topics and move through a range of emotions all in a short, concise speech. You are up on stage with the likes of Gottlieb who have been speaking nationally, on network TV, etc for decades and, IMO, you had the best content of anybody (not that the others were not great as well). Thanks for being so willing to put yourself out there and be so dedicated to the cause. We need millions more like you!
While I have no doubt today was quite effective, I hope to see much greater turnout at future events. Some of it is of course work but thats maybe 1% of it. ... ...

Our side needs to ramp up some sort of organizational machinery to "get the word out" and "get the people in". I have repeated it multiple times here, but I think the answer is through the Sportsman's Clubs. The way to reach them is the MSC, who has their MAJOR ANNUAL MEETING VERY SOON.

Which is EXACTLY what Wallace said at the rally.

Only not so clearly and eloquently. Jim, we love you, and you are doing awesome, but we just need more more more. ;-)

I was there! Dying sick. Loaded up a cocktail of drugs and drove out from pittsfield

Met a nice lady from Pittsfield. I think she drove in alone. Need more organization!

... said "I need to see what a crowd of 50 people looks like" (paraphrase)

Sure, it was OK, and slightly funny, but I think June4th had the best lines of the day.

Oh, and it was really hard hearing any of the speakers. The sound system was weak, and the helicopters seemed to be drowning everything out almost on purpose.

It should be recognized that our own "Cekim" did a helluva job singing our national anthem on very short to no notice and with a voice that was already scratchy.

Great job Mike and thanks for stepping up!

It should be recognized that our own "Cekim" did a helluva job singing our national anthem on very short to no notice and with a voice that was already scratchy.

He sure does have a purdy mouth.

GOAL Lied...
He didn't really need our help to sing it.
Well done Sir!

**** GOAL.

Wallace said he would consider backing Patrick's call for sharing mental health information
with the federal government if the bill was rewritten to include only
those people who had been determined by the courts to be a danger to
themselves or others.
Ie a convicted felon. Ie the current federal law. Ie no new laws.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll look for the retraction in the paper tomorrow. I know I would want something like that cleared up immediately.

Ah, so you weren't there.

So you're saying he was misquoted?

He does not support handing over private medical records to the Feds?

GOAL supporters are just like Obama-maniacs.

That was never said. Not sure where you got this info from, but I was there-he never once mentioned backing anyone's proposals. He did say that we need to keep firms out of the hands of felons, and those who pose a severe threat to themselves, and/or others. Nothing about handing over medical records. Check your facts.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

Ie a convicted felon. Ie the current federal law. Ie no new laws.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, so you weren't there.

No I wasn't.

1.) I have a job
2.) I don't support anything GOAL-related in my free time.

I don't see what me not being there has to do with what Jim was reported to have said.
I read in an article that they would be happy to compromise. Sounds like their MO to me.

That was never said. Not sure where you got this info from, but I was there-he never once mentioned backing anyone's proposals. He did say that we need to keep firms out of the hands of felons, and those who pose a severe threat to themselves, and/or others. Nothing about handing over medical records. Check your facts.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

Like I said, I'll keep an eye out for the retraction tomorrow from the news outlet that printed details of their conversation with Jim.

Here's the article. So feel free to let me know how I'm off base here.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/21...n-owners-rally-on-boston-common#ixzz2PQpS1vjY

And here is the relevant quote: a reprehensible position.

Wallace said he would consider backing Patrick's call for sharing mental health information with the federal government if the bill was rewritten to include only those people who had been determined by the courts to be a danger to themselves or others.

Last edited:
No I wasn't.

1.) I have a job
2.) I don't support anything GOAL-related in my free time.

I don't see what me not being there has to do with what Jim was reported to have said.
I read in an article that they would be happy to compromise. Sounds like their MO to me.

So you believe the MSM and trust them to print a retraction? LOL

I have a job also but I took a vacation day to be at the rally. If you don't like GOAL, that's your prerogative but attributing falsehoods to them isn't helping anyone. The simple fact is if you live in MA and own guns, they're helping you whether you like it or not.

You know how John Rosenthal is lying? When he opens his mouth and spews bullshit about "40% of guns sold without background checks" or "there are plastic guns that can get through metal detectors".

Don't forget that a .50BMG can blow up a Bradley.

Jim Wallace was talking about you at the rally. He commented on "slactivists", those who comment on the Internet, but never show up in person when there is a rally or something to be done. No wonder you don't like him.

Back
Top Bottom