Linsky's Amendment is back in play - Call your rep NOW!

What good is it doing? I send money to the NRA and I get junk mail selling all kinds of crap that I don't care about. I pay for a GOAL membership and I end up getting sold down the river. I saw all kinds of opportunities with a Trump victory and now I realize that even republicans don't support gun rights. All we get is lip service. That's the truth and live with it.
the original language wanted to ban grandfathered AR mags they did the best they could of a no win situation

To quote Hillary Clinton, at this point what difference does it make?

I feel the same. You want a little Lube or no lube. Want a little salt on that shxt sandwich? Who cares anymore what laws they make. Either live here and dont follow them or move to more freedom.

Im a member of goal and donate to comm 2a when i can. But to think corrupt politicians and judges
That go way out of bounds and circumvent policy to screw law abiding gun ownership will ever change
Is a dream

Last edited:
Might have missed it,
which Senators, House reps voted against this?

Not sure if any senators voted against?

Only 3 House reps did i believe. Which was a real holy crap eyeopener for me. Yes. 3 people in your government believe in freedom. The other *******s hate you. That was a telling moment for me. I thought we had gained a little ground over the years. Nope. Not even close.

I'm always curious when I see commentary like this. If you were in charge of GOAL, what would you do differently?
I'll give you a rep point when I'm back at my desktop.

Yes let's hear your idea. Remember it's a small percentage of gun owners who are willing to do anything, and the courts and legislature are against you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

A very serious post mortem by the way some do business, and how we as voters and citizens operate needs to be done.

The Compromise / Fix the Language Model is successful at one thing. The slow, painful removal of rights, rather than in big nasty chunks that would be highly objectionable. Is it somehow better that it takes a few generations to strip away rights?

It has directly resulted in the exact situation we are in now. Our representation has zero fear of the voters. It completely allows for situational outcries of the need to ban the “fear of the day”.

From there it’s easy - Offer the most egregious language that one can possibly get away with… knowing full well that the final outcome will be successful in small advances towards bigger restriction goals. Once that gets done, just wait for the next tragedy to scream and point at. Is that not a way to enact tyranny without paying the price for it? It’s all about the long view, to win the war not the battle.

What’s the rate of return in the compromise scenario? It’s a sad experience for those that respect their rights. There is zero upside. From business view, it’s a loss every time.

This goes back to the voters. We allow this to go on. I did the research on all the reps that signed onto Linsky’s first Bump Stock Bill – 70.4% of those reps ran UNOPPOSED in their last election. Where is the fear of the voters? There is none. Having someone on the inside is fine, it’s a membership paid insurance policy to the continuance of the compromise model (which the antis want), and there is bliss to be found with no base fear of the voters. History clearly shows us it essentially caters to the Linsky Model and to his dangerous antics. Even if the membership of pro organizations doubled (which is difficult to do) – Unopposed reps will never care. Why would they, it’s a small and scattered voting bloc.

Politicians fear only a couple things – spending time and money to defend themselves from challenges. It’s a tremendous pain to re-run a campaign, field concerns, promote consistent messaging, and DEFEND VOTED ON POSITIONS. They end up having to face voters like us, because we pay attention.

The organizations to support are the ones that drive their focus on organically growing solid candidates in every district, teaching people how to run for offices big and small, and driving support behind the really solid individuals. As we have seen this past year with the range closures, and semi-auto ban attempts – local representation is extremely vital. It can quickly stave off anti BS, or it can cause extreme damage to vital rights, and at a scary pace.

The pool for State representation exists within the municipal individuals. Organizations must work to help identify the most pro individuals possible and help drive their success from the local level to the statehouse, while battling every poorly voting rep they find. Not having a word with them, attempting to tame their treacherous language, pleading for rights, but openly attacking their votes and exposing their views. They won’t be so happy to see someone on the inside then if they know the anger of the voters is consistently used to propel candidates against their crap, and are constantly threatened with that tactic. The attack method would make some reps fear voter backlash, knowing it would cost them time and money to be challenged. This is clearly a battle, and playing nice has shown historically accurate and predictable results.

Voters must seek the candidates / incumbents out, know who they are. Just ask the question. Will you support my 2A rights, describe how? You’ll know right away from their response. If the word “but” or “except” follows “I believe in 2A” – approach with caution or vote them out. It’s a yes or no question. When you find a good candidate, support them. Make bad incumbents spend plenty of time and money to try and beat your candidate.

Become a candidate yourself.

Until there is a deeper focus on the individuals crafting the legislation and casting votes, our memories will be forever stuck on the dates in which more liberty previously existed (Mass AWB, Healy’s edict, etc.), and we will all be in for a very long, bad ride.

The heat just got turned down to simmer on the slowly boiling frog. While I completely appreciate everyone that fights for our rights here in MA, I think we all agree it is an eventual lost cause. From that perspective, I wonder if 'wins' like this actually help us. I think it not only just delays the inevitable, but it prevents real change from happening.

the original language wanted to ban grandfathered AR mags they did the best they could of a no win situation

The Linsky Language was also (intentionally) vague and gave power to the EOPSS which most certainly would have been used to further restrict 2A in MA.

For starters I would have attacked all the anti 2a language, not just Linsky’s.

A House and Senate bills pass almost unanimously. So, you would have attacked both bills knowing that one or the other was going to be law. In that case...routine maintenance on your gun would have been a felony.

GOAL handle it the best any group could.

I'll say it again...this was never ever an all or nothing situation. It was always crap and crappier. No other option. The option of attacking both bills would have been choosing Linsky language.

Last edited:
Voters must seek the candidates / incumbents out, know who they are. Just ask the question. Will you support my 2A rights, describe how? You’ll know right away from their response. If the word “but” or “except” follows “I believe in 2A” – approach with caution or vote them out. It’s a yes or no question. When you find a good candidate, support them. Make bad incumbents spend plenty of time and money to try and beat your candidate.

Become a candidate yourself.

^ this.

1. regardless of the outcome, even if odds are 0%, challenging an unopposed would make them shit their pants and go into overdrive spending money to insure a win. I have a day job, if I loose, IDGF, but career politicians can only play the theater, that's the only thing they know how to do.

2. I'd wish we had better network with people who have dabbled in public offices, to figure out best ways to make the effort go extra mile, by effort I mean money and time. Have other shooters provide some support to their local candidates. We should really focus on organizing that vs. trying to re-elect professional RINOs. In this day and age, media doesn't necessarily need a whole ton of money to get word out.

- - - Updated - - -

A House and Senate bills pass almost unanimously. So, you would have attacked both bills knowing that one or the other was going to be law. In that case...routine maintenance on your gun would have been a felony.

GOAL handle it the best any group could.

I think that GOAL has done all they can given the hand we were dealt, no blame here, they were very involved and provided good guidance.

So they just classified bolts as machine guns. Cool.

The language as it stands is technically incorrect. It looks like the intent is to cover single trigger activation firing more than one round. The language as written, however, seems like it can be interpreted similarly to the Linsky language as it specifically calls out facilitating, via recoil, repeated activation of the trigger. I think it would be hard (for a rational and knowledgable person) to argue that a DI or piston driven action operated via recoil, but aren’t there semiautomatic action types that are specifically operated by recoil?

Last edited:
The heat just got turned down to simmer on the slowly boiling frog. While I completely appreciate everyone that fights for our rights here in MA, I think we all agree it is an eventual lost cause. From that perspective, I wonder if 'wins' like this actually help us. I think it not only just delays the inevitable, but it prevents real change from happening.

While this wasn't a "win" the push back against the house version at least showed the house and senate that we were paying attention and that 2A is still being fought for in MA. MA isn't a total lost cause because there are gun owners that push back. If we collectively decide it's a lost cause then it will be. I'm tired of making phone calls and fighting for my 2A rights in MA but I won't stop. It's easy to say "well that's it" and roll over but we just showed that calling and badgering did something. My senator is not pro 2A and he would have voted for the house language if not for phone calls. After talking to people in his office I found out he didn't first realize how broad the Linsky Language was and he opposed it. If nobody had called or made the effort my senator would have gone along with the house version. That's not a win but it's better than the alternative.

Refer to 1 and points A, B, and C. Since you are from Texas maybe you don't have the context to comprehend how fubar MA is and the extent to which our rights are under attack at all times. This shit was going down one way or another and the other way would have been a black hole of infinite suck. Welcome to the People's Republic.

We had 2 choices . . . with lube or without! That was all that we could do. GOAL did a great job doing what they could in the real world of Commiechusetts.

THIS !

All this tells me is the Healy stuff will never get reversed.

Absolutely correct. Even the USDC will side with her. Only chance is if something similar gets to the USSC eventually.

So tell me, in layman's terms, what am I the average Jane Doe supposed to do now? Am I going to have to get a C&R FFL03 and then apply for a MG license? If the city says no MG license then where does it leave me? I'm supposed to destroy legal property I own? How do I mount a legal challenge to this since it amounts to a taking?

Talk with Comm2A. [email protected] if enough people are in that position and go forward perhaps a Fed Court challenge on "confiscation without compensation" could be mounted.

- - - Updated - - -

Refer to 1 and points A, B, and C. Since you are from Texas maybe you don't have the context to comprehend how fubar MA is and the extent to which our rights are under attack at all times. This shit was going down one way or another and the other way would have been a black hole of infinite suck. Welcome to the People's Republic.

We had 2 choices . . . with lube or without! That was all that we could do. GOAL did a great job doing what they could in the real world of Commiechusetts.

THIS !

All this tells me is the Healy stuff will never get reversed.

Absolutely correct. Even the USDC will side with her. Only chance is if something similar gets to the USSC eventually.

So tell me, in layman's terms, what am I the average Jane Doe supposed to do now? Am I going to have to get a C&R FFL03 and then apply for a MG license? If the city says no MG license then where does it leave me? I'm supposed to destroy legal property I own? How do I mount a legal challenge to this since it amounts to a taking?

Talk with Comm2A. [email protected] if enough people are in that position and go forward perhaps a Fed Court challenge on "confiscation without compensation" could be mounted.

We have the dubious distinction of being on the front line of battle for the 2A,

weare going to take a pounding.

pick up the pieces and reload.

they are coming again.

Absolutely THIS

I know the odds were against me, but I stood my ground, I fought hard with courage, yes I am bloodied, yes I lost some ground, but I did not retreat, and I still stand to fight another day, and my family still can remain protected.

Well done Kamaraden. If we did not have GOAL, none would have rallied. We are but the few of the 3% that stand for Liberty. Here on the front, behind enemy lines.

People have to to remember the brainwashed, FSA, and brainless idiots in this state voted for the Lengendary Crooked Hillary with one of the highest percentage in the country. They will never figure it out.

^ this.

1. regardless of the outcome, even if odds are 0%, challenging an unopposed would make them shit their pants and go into overdrive spending money to insure a win. I have a day job, if I loose, IDGF, but career politicians can only play the theater, that's the only thing they know how to do.

2. I'd wish we had better network with people who have dabbled in public offices, to figure out best ways to make the effort go extra mile, by effort I mean money and time. Have other shooters provide some support to their local candidates. We should really focus on organizing that vs. trying to re-elect professional RINOs. In this day and age, media doesn't necessarily need a whole ton of money to get word out.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that GOAL has done all they can given the hand we were dealt, no blame here, they were very involved and provided good guidance.

This is not true. My former state senator now has a cushy job at the state college so that his years of service in the senate can be applied to the pension he'll get from the college job. You go against what the majority or leadership wants and you don't get these state jobs to retire on. You think they're going to vote with our best interests in mind?

Vote them out
We can only win from the inside

We can't get a majority. We can't even get seats. As I said, the Will of the Majority is the most Self-Righteous and Menacing of Tyrannies. The Voting Masses are convinced that the State will protect them, and they will never need Protection from the State.

MA is lost. The Tarr language was a done deal from the start, because they needed the Kabuki Theater so the Left-wing Statists can claim they compromised and still got what they wanted.

MA legislature is the front line, and we are taking casualties. The only hope is the Supreme Court strikes some of this down.

That said, you can't stop fighting. I called Baker and said his support is dwindling with Conservatives, and making them felons is not the way to regain it, even the Fudds.

Vote them out
We can only win from the inside

Problem is nobody is running. Over 70% of all state legislators ran unopposed. The progressives targeted almost every legislator who is not with them - not progressive, this is most of the 30% who had opposition. They are going for 100% domination. The republicans are doing nothing in this state. The state party is run by a bunch of incompetent self serving clowns. Until that changes, nothing does.

Last edited:
We can't get a majority. We can't even get seats. As I said, the Will of the Majority is the most Self-Righteous and Menacing of Tyrannies. The Voting Masses are convinced that the State will protect them, and they will never need Protection from the State.

MA is lost. The Tarr language was a done deal from the start, because they needed the Kabuki Theater so the Left-wing Statists can claim they compromised and still got what they wanted.

MA legislature is the front line, and we are taking casualties. The only hope is the Supreme Court strikes some of this down.

That said, you can't stop fighting. I called Baker and said his support is dwindling with Conservatives, and making them felons is not the way to regain it, even the Fudds.

This is why it's so important to support both GOAL and Comm2a as much as possible. GOAL to at least be a speed-bump against the MA legis-traitors, and Comm2a to slap down the flood of unconstitutional MA laws already in place. We know the MA courts are a lost cause, but even if one or two of the most egregious laws make it to the SCOTUS they are bound to be shredded. Once that happened with one or two of these laws, the MA legislature might just think twice about passing more.

Hey, at least one can dream. [thinking]

This is why it's so important to support both GOAL and Comm2a as much as possible. GOAL to at least be a speed-bump against the MA legis-traitors, and Comm2a to slap down the flood of unconstitutional MA laws already in place. We know the MA courts are a lost cause, but even if one or two of the most egregious laws make it to the SCOTUS they are bound to be shredded. Once that happened with one or two of these laws, the MA legislature might just think twice about passing more.

We have a lobby group (GOAL). We have a legal group (Comm2A). What we now need is a PAC to come up with and support candidates.

Back
Top Bottom