• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Linsky's Amendment is back in play - Call your rep NOW!

How many bump stocks and crank fire's do you suppose are in the state already ? And if the numbers of these items were of a large amount wouldn't this be grounds for an amenisty or a registration of such item or a refund , I think its pretty stupid when you deem something so dangerous that you cant own in this state but they will give you 180 days to destroy it or sell it out of state how asinine of idea is that . Its too dangerous for us to own so screw somebody over a state line says alot for the care and concern of our status quo acting on knee jerk reactions without really thinking things out.

We should send prostitutes to his next fundraiser.. Back in the day, it would've been gay male prostitutes, but in this state, that might be a positive for his campaign.

put a bumpfiretriggercrankstock in his car, then drop a dime.....

How many bump stocks and crank fire's do you suppose are in the state already ? And if the numbers of these items were of a large amount wouldn't this be grounds for an amenisty or a registration of such item or a refund , I think its pretty stupid when you deem something so dangerous that you cant own in this state but they will give you 180 days to destroy it or sell it out of state how asinine of idea is that . Its too dangerous for us to own so screw somebody over a state line says alot for the care and concern of our status quo acting on knee jerk reactions without really thinking things out.

The important thing is to remove them from a state where the capital city hall is a motel 6 for illegal aliens.

I wouldn't put it past the moonbats in this state to try that argument. LEOs exempt, of course.

maybe that was their plan, they have now outlawed Semi-Auto's and no one the wiser

- - - Updated - - -

I hear lots of doom and gloom and that we have to vote them out of office. How many gun owners in Mass, about 275k? How many voters 5.3m? That is 5%, given that in normal elections 20% of people vote and even when Trump ran I think it was about 60%, that most likely holds for gun owners as well. Secondly there are many liberal gun owners and even more who even have a name due to there are so many of them FUDDS. EVEN if every gun owner voted against someone in Mass, mainly a DEM, would it be more than a blip? Allowing for Fudds and Liberals we are probably about 3% of the voting population, no wonder they don’t fear us.

That being said a vocal minority can make a difference, maybe not at the polls (hopefully they don’t realize this) but in contacting politicians and getting in their faces.

Don't they complain that guns from free states cross the borders to be used nefariously? They are now forcing Mass residents to dump hundreds, maybe thousands of "machine guns" into the surrounding states.

Hypocrisy.

maybe that was their plan, they have now outlawed Semi-Auto's and no one the wiser

- - - Updated - - -

I hear lots of doom and gloom and that we have to vote them out of office. How many gun owners in Mass, about 275k? How many voters 5.3m? That is 5%, given that in normal elections 20% of people vote and even when Trump ran I think it was about 60%, that most likely holds for gun owners as well. Secondly there are many liberal gun owners and even more who even have a name due to there are so many of them FUDDS. EVEN if every gun owner voted against someone in Mass, mainly a DEM, would it be more than a blip? Allowing for Fudds and Liberals we are probably about 3% of the voting population, no wonder they don’t fear us.

That being said a vocal minority can make a difference, maybe not at the polls (hopefully they don’t realize this) but in contacting politicians and getting in their faces.

The actual number is over 400K .
A not inconsiderable number when you look at the margin of victory in many statewide elections.
Charlie beat Martha by 40K or so.
We CAN effect elections in this state if we get our act together and get past the "poor me " attitude.

So if you are caught with a gun with a defaced serial number, it's a one month to 2.5 year sentence. But a gun accessory that no one ever gave a though about until Las Vegas could now send a legal gun owner to jail for life.

Why would a law abiding citizen have a firearm with a defaced serial number anyway?

Why would a law abiding citizen have a firearm with a defaced serial number anyway?

Just for the sake of playing devil’s advocate, or being obtuse for fun...

What business is it of the goverment what the serial number is on the gun of a law abiding citizen — it’s a tool.

I own a number of hammers, none of them have goverment recorded serial numbers, yet with that tool I am equally expected to obey the laws of use — meaning I don’t use them to menace or murder folks.

By the way Estwing is my prefered brand of hammer but never in forty. [laugh]

I don't know but some part in the constitution uses the words "Shall not be infringed"![rofl]

Remember in our founding father's times muskets did not have serial numbers.

Doesn't that make you wonder why we have them now?

Like we have a list of all the govt.'s weapons serial numbers available to us lowly citizens...

Remember the govt. is supposed to serve the people. Not the other way around!

That is the problem today in the US. Those in Law enforcement have more rights than those of the people.
The government is run by the few that don't follow any rules and support only those that enhance their way of life. Not the people's!

Imagine if you asked a police officer to see if his gun was allowed?
Please pull over I need to check your weapons serial number..[smile]

Good luck with that you lowly surf!

Last edited:
So by only taking up the chute with lube this time, contacting them made a difference? The difference meaning they didn't put it in dry?

That’s my interpretation. We hounded them with call and emails and they decided to apply a small amount of lube. Sad but true.

It’s MA, but our best shot, will be in the courts. By deciding not include grandfathering, they have really opened themselves up, GOAL is saying that there is “legal path to ownership” I assume because MG licenses are impossible to get in many towns (especially in 90 days!). It’s exactly what a confiscation law looks like

So if you are caught with a gun with a defaced serial number, it's a one month to 2.5 year sentence. But a gun accessory that no one ever gave a though about until Las Vegas could now send a legal gun owner to jail for life.

I dont really see the whole win mentality of this when the penalty is potential life for a possession of a gun accessory when some crack monkey does a violent armed home invasion gets 2 years. At the most possession of this should be nothing more than a misdemeanor with a fine when it comes to a licensed gun owner,they just want to punish legal gun owners hard and make any infraction a path to being a prohibited person for life. When drug dealers and gang members regularly get gun charges thrown out in court and nail them on a drug change that they will be back on the street in less than a year.if Baker signs this with this stiff penalty attached to it he's just proving he doesn't care about legal gun owners at all and like a true rhino he's only pro second amendment around voting time .

The citizens of MA that exercise their right that the second amendment provides.
Have no say or any power here in our state.
March all you want. Protest all you want. Whine all you want. Vote who you want. Only to find out they are the problem..

Those in political office are better, smarter and more self righteous than you in their own eyes.

If our best shot in protecting what's left of our second amendment rights is the MA court system.
I say please give it to me dry, fast and immediately. So I can get it all over with!

The slow death of our second amendment rights here in MA will only drive more and more firearm owners underground.

Kind of like what the patriots that formed this country had to do!

How did that turn out?[smile]

It'll be a mass run for weapon burial tubes or Uhaul vans.

Which one would you choose?

Last edited:
That’s my interpretation. We hounded them with call and emails and they decided to apply a small amount of lube. Sad but true.

It’s MA, but our best shot, will be in the courts. By deciding not include grandfathering, they have really opened themselves up, GOAL is saying that there is “legal path to ownership” I assume because MG licenses are impossible to get in many towns (especially in 90 days!). It’s exactly what a confiscation law looks like

This is the biggest and scariest issue IMO. It's not so much whether or not bump stocks are protected by the 2A, rather, it's the de facto confiscation of legally owned property without compensation. This sets a precedent for any future gun confiscation action - that they can just declare something illegal with no grandfathering and no selling so your only option is to destroy it or turn it over to the authorities. That is a fourth and fifth amendment issue.

This is the biggest and scariest issue IMO. It's not so much whether or not bump stocks are protected by the 2A, rather, it's the de facto confiscation of legally owned property without compensation. This sets a precedent for any future gun confiscation action - that they can just declare something illegal with no grandfathering and no selling so your only option is to destroy it or turn it over to the authorities. That is a fourth and fifth amendment issue.

Exactly. I’m sure it will be challenged. In another thread, comm2a said they would look into this issue, but, understandably, not comment publicly.

Hopefully there will be an injunction filed during the 90days.

Exactly. I’m sure it will be challenged. In another thread, comm2a said they would look into this issue, but, understandably, not comment publicly.

One more issue: The emergency preamble makes the "sales" (including offering to sell) illegal immediately. So if someone had advertisement up for the sale of one of these things, the second the law was signed they are now a felon in waiting. Laws that define crimes require a period of public disclosure and "promulgation" so that the public has reasonable notice that their future actions may fall under a law. That did not happen here. How would the average joe know that if they sold something today it suddenly became an illegal action yesterday?

Like our semi-auto's... You are SPOT ON!

Doesn't it actually take someone getting jacked up first?

I feel like the antis make these laws for perception, political grandstanding, and so they are on the books, but like Maura's edict, there are really no plans to go actively prosecute.

Cuz as soon as someone gets convicted of this kind of thing (independent of some other crime, ideally), it's going to SCOTUS, and they are the only part of Government I trust, and believe they will smack this shit down.

I feel like the antis make these laws for perception, political grandstanding, and so they are on the books, but like Maura's edict, there are really no plans to go actively prosecute.

Cuz as soon as someone gets convicted of this kind of thing (independent of some other crime, ideally), it's going to SCOTUS, and they are the only part of Government I trust, and believe they will smack this shit down.

I agree. Short of using them in a crime. Or committing other crimes that get your house searched and bingo....add on charges. This is purely feel good BS by the gutless leeches that inhabit Bacon Hill for purposes of their own enrichment.

What do the people who own them have for options? This is for a friend as *I* don't have one

I assume using them from 11/3 onward in MA is now a crime?
How long do you have to get it out of state?
What is the penalty for possession?

Perhaps we should hide a few inside of Linsky's property

A perfect activist case would be a disabled person whom can only actuate a trigger with the assistance of a bump stock or similar device. DARE the confused inbred blue blood children in the legislature and AG's office, which love to backlash against anything they fear or don't like or understand, to publicly prosecute a harmless person. Look how well that worked out for them with Caetano Vs. Massachusetts. If SCoTUS got another case of MA getting it's yucks stomping on a harmless person, do you really think they are going to be polite and request the SJC/Legislature engage in a do-over to make it right again? Or instead strike down a bunch of the bullshit with clear warnings to not even think of doing it again?

If you could make up whatever law you wanted that targeted your political enemies, and there was absolutely no blowback or repercussions ever... why not?

I’m not a lawyer. But, Maura’s “interpreststion” is being challenged legally. In the case of bump stocks, I would think any who owned one before the ban would have standing?

We are never going to win in the polls or with the legislators in MA. Political action is important for damage control, but our only real hope is legal action.

I hope the stun gun stuff gets shoved down their throat too- that was a huge important win and MA has openly defied it.

When is a plastic bump stock no longer an illegal bumpstock?

Cut in 3 places and it's still a plastic bump stock thats a machine gun that gets you life in the pen.

You can destroy a machine gun receiver but in MA you cannot destroy a bump stock or trigger crank that is a machine gun. Once a bump stock always a machine gun.

So lets say you have a MG license. They aren't serialized parts and still legal to buy everywhere. Who is to say how many you had before the ban got enacted?

So lets say you have a MG license. They aren't serialized parts and still legal to buy everywhere. Who is to say how many you had before the ban got enacted?

This Ban was only to get Linsky's name in the paper. The bigger problem was Polito

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom