Linsky's Amendment is back in play - Call your rep NOW!

You ****ing people are amazing. Your politicians kick you in the balls instead of the head and your response is “thank you sir, may I PLEASE have another?”

JFC

You ****ing people are amazing. Your politicians kick you in the balls instead of the head and your response is “thank you sir, may I PLEASE have another?”

JFC
THIS !

All this tells me is the Healy stuff will never get reversed.

I don’t know if F*cked is the word but read the thread. You got what you wanted.

I wanted them to ban all semi-autos. Because I'll keep mine and get more. And it makes a better SCOTUS case. Plus you don't need a crank or a bump stock to rapid fire. (But, they will be a little bit cooler now as illegal machine guns.)

Everyone who's screaming about how we all gave in and should have fought for all or nothing, just have no idea what the situation really is. It was never a question of ban or no ban. While they had different language, they both overwhelmingly supported a ban, it wasn't even close.

We accomplished a great thing. We stopped the Linsky language which would have allowed endless "re-interpretation" and that would truly have been devastating. We got a great response that showed the politicians that they are indeed poking the bear and the bear is not happy. We are a small group but we can be politically active and focused, maybe not always but at least sometimes.

This should be a lesson for us as well. The all or nothing approach has never worked. It didn't work for the antis who pushed one step at a time, and it won't work for us. We need to support the small steps. Regardless of how small they may be, no matter how little they change things, they still change things. Changing just a few words in the law can have a big impact.

Everyone who's screaming about how we all gave in and should have fought for all or nothing, just have no idea what the situation really is. It was never a question of ban or no ban. While they had different language, they both overwhelmingly supported a ban, it wasn't even close.

I believe the original votes were 153-3 in the house and Unanimous in the senate to ban bump stocks, they just couldn't agree on the language and voted two different bills. There's no coming back from that, and if you think there was a fight that could be won there I got a piece of ocean front property in Arkansas I'd like to sell you.

So tell me, in layman's terms, what am I the average Jane Doe supposed to do now? Am I going to have to get a C&R FFL03 and then apply for a MG license? If the city says no MG license then where does it leave me? I'm supposed to destroy legal property I own? How do I mount a legal challenge to this since it amounts to a taking?

One awhole does a crime 2000 miles away,
And a whole state of lawful citizens gets punished.

libs feel good today.

They love lecturing about avoiding misguided 'backlash' against atrocities, but love to engage in it legislatively against lawful gun owners every time.

It was never a question of ban or no ban. While they had different language, they both overwhelmingly supported a ban, it wasn't even close.

We accomplished a great thing. We stopped the Linsky language which would have allowed endless "re-interpretation" and that would truly have been devastating. We got a great response that showed the politicians that they are indeed poking the bear and the bear is not happy.

I believe this to be true, as was confirmed by Jim Wallace our man on the ground for GOAL.

However, I do not think this game of poke the bear is over yet.

In Massachusetts the Governor is equipped with a line-item-veto on budget bills and by the time Charlie Baker returns from vacation he should be met with a pile of calls, emails, and tweets demanding that he use that veto to remove this unconstitutional taking of private property.

Will he use the veto to remove this line item, probably not. Does it even apply to a non-fiscal attachments to bills, I do not know. I just want to use the oppurtunity to remind him his margins at the poles were thin before and could get thinner.

He should not be allowed to sign this without taking some crap for it.

(P.S.> Thanks Jim Wallace I know you have spent a lot of time on the hill during this)

So tell me, in layman's terms, what am I the average Jane Doe supposed to do now? Am I going to have to get a C&R FFL03 and then apply for a MG license? If the city says no MG license then where does it leave me? I'm supposed to destroy legal property I own? How do I mount a legal challenge to this since it amounts to a taking?

Put it in the Attic like our forefathers did when they were told to turn in their arms![smile]

Unconstitutional=Do not comply!

Just like we all did when they said AR-15 receivers were against the law according to the AG on 7/20![wink]

Put it in the Attic like our forefathers did when they were told to turn in their arms![smile]

Unconstitutional=Do not comply!

Just like we all did when they said AR-15 receivers were against the law according to the AG on 7/20![wink]

I know of many people who have more AR's post Healy, and because of it NONE ARE REGISTERED. This will be no different than the Pre ban mags, over the past couple years I have been seeing more and more PMAGs and no one cares. Bump-Fire stocks will be no different.

All this bs they ram through serves to make more and more people ignore the laws. I'll bet (and you don't have to chime in) that there are at least several members that don't have AR's but are right now in the process of getting 80% lowers, tooling and parts. If we can just get everyone to vote - but we have gone past that in Mass, too many shenanigans. We are left with the jury box - and that is getting ridiculous and I don't know how much longer people will believe in that; only one box left.

They love lecturing about avoiding misguided 'backlash' against atrocities, but love to engage in it legislatively against lawful gun owners every time.

The fascists of this state have gone off the deep end. MA. Stands alone in extreme sanctions against gun owners.

they are all but defending the isis attack in NYC cause it’s ok ,a truck was used, the guy was a lone wolf.

but nyc is putting concrete barriers up in every bike lane today, in case many more lone wolves strike.

these obama holdouts are insane.

Last edited:

It you are serious about this, I'd contact Comm2A and they MAY take up your case. If you have a clean record, already own a bump stock, have an 03 FFL, and can't get an MG license which leaves you no path of legal ownership.

IANAL so please contact them.

So when does this law start?

The bill is effective immediate after the Governor signs it. (the Governor can simply sign the Bill and it becomes a law. If an Emergency Preamble is attached to the Bill it will become effective immediately. Otherwise the effective date is ninety (90) days after the Governor signs the Bill.)

We can see this is an emergency:
11/2/2017House Emergency preamble adopted
11/2/2017Senate Emergency preamble adopted

However, the bill has enforcement timelines built in:
SECTION 53. Sections 18 to 21, inclusive, shall take effect 90 days after the effective date of this act; provided, however, that no person shall purchase, sell or offer for sale a bump stock or trigger crank as defined in sections 18 and 19 of this act after the effective date of this act.

Therefore, as soon as baker signs it, The "purchase, sell or offer for sale" part kicks right in. The words that define the items as machine guns don't take affect until 90 days post signed.

Last edited:
What is the legality of building an AR From an 80 percent lower I wouldn’t do it but is there a law against it

What is the legality of building an AR From an 80 percent lower I wouldn’t do it but is there a law against it

Please see the 7/20 AG guidance topics, especially in Len's subforum. Completely unrelated to what we're talking about here.

Your off topic a bit, but (in massachusetts) The act of milling an 80% into a100% complete AR receiver would violate the current healy interpretation of the AWB. She specifically called out a stripped AR lower as a copycat.

Sometimes you gotta know when to open your mouth and when to shut it. Let’s not give anything away on a public forum. This is how we lose shit.

JFC

This is how we got to where we are today....and in the future. They will ban everything eventually here. Gun owners in this state have no recourse (not enough of us to vote idiots out) and the populace is a bunch of liberal sheep. The dems hold the cards, and even most republicans got on board...especially our stupid governor.

They could ban rifles, pistols and shotguns tomorrow and we could do nothing about it but sit there whine. I honestly think that nothing would wake people up in this state, with maybe the exception of showing up a doors and confiscating. But that's what it would take, and they know it, so they will never do it......until then they will make everything illegal...and pick people off one by one.

You choose to live here and accept it, or you choose to try and change it, going on 35 years of trying to do that now.....and look what has happened in that time....more and more and more restrictions, bans, etc...... So really......how long do you wait? Anyone that thinks this state will ever turn around is out of their mind.
They are bringing welfare skids in here by the thousands a year and educating them to be their voting army, and giving them free shxt we pay for.

But it's the attitude of "well thank god we only got one restriction instead of another" that starts the whole thing....and this state is full of losers willing to accept it, justify it, and be happy about it. This state is full of LEO's willing to enforce it? I don't get that either. This state is full of sheep that are afraid of their own shadow.
Freedom is not a mentality here....being ruled is.....I don't get it, will never understand it, and don't belong here. Leaving to me is the only option.

Last edited:
It you are serious about this, I'd contact Comm2A and they MAY take up your case. If you have a clean record, already own a bump stock, have an 03 FFL, and can't get an MG license which leaves you no path of legal ownership.

IANAL so please contact them.

So I can continue to possess my existing bump stock as long as I have an FFL3 and a MG license. Is that a correct statement?

I'll say one last thing. I'm going to be very leery about giving any money to any gun rights organizations anymore. None of them seem to be effective and none of them seem to care about people who are trapped in the blue bubble.

I'll say one last thing. I'm going to be very leery about giving any money to any gun rights organizations anymore. None of them seem to be effective and none of them seem to care about people who are trapped in the blue bubble.

Now imagine what we would have if everyone thought like you.

Hint: It would be worse than what we have now.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to VetteGirlMA again.

Now imagine what we would have if everyone thought like you.

What good is it doing? I send money to the NRA and I get junk mail selling all kinds of crap that I don't care about. I pay for a GOAL membership and I end up getting sold down the river. I saw all kinds of opportunities with a Trump victory and now I realize that even republicans don't support gun rights. All we get is lip service. That's the truth and live with it.

So I can continue to possess my existing bump stock as long as I have an FFL3 and a MG license. Is that a correct statement?

Not a requirement to have the 03 FFL to keep bump stocks, just the MG license. The 03 seems to be the easiest way to get an MG license though.

Back
Top Bottom