Linsky's Amendment is back in play - Call your rep NOW!

“Bump stock”, any device for a weapon that increases the rate of fire achievable with such weapon by using energy from the recoil of the weapon to generate a reciprocating action that facilitates repeated activation of the trigger

I understood that the above mentioned stocks don't technically operate this way as they don't create a reciprocating action:
Recoil from the discharged round will cycle the action and return the firearm back to the rear position. Maintaining a light and consistent forward pressure will continue the firing sequence.

ergo the recoil doesn't generate the reciprocating action, it only does 50% and the forward pressure does the other 50%.

Thus wouldn't the only affected stocks be the Akins Accelerators that create a reciprocating action on their own were the ones that had the springs in them that the ATF ruled as MG's: http://www.georgiapacking.org/docs/akins2/11th Circuit Opinion.pdf

Last edited:
Correct. No EOPS bullshit. Until next year. Linsky/DeLeo lost this one but they will keep trying.

Got to have some EOPS bullshit to keep everyone happy:

1. SECTION 52. The executive office of public safety and security shall notify individuals
  2. 499 licensed under sections 122, 129B, and 131 of chapter 140 of the General Laws of the changes to
  3. 500 laws made in sections 18 to 21, inclusive, of this act and the effective date of those changes. The
  4. 501 executive office shall also notify manufacturers of bump stocks and trigger cranks as defined in
  5. 502 sections 18 and 19 of this act, of the changes made under said sections 18 to 21, inclusive, and
  6. 503 the effective date of those changes.
  7. 504 SECTION 53. Sections 18 to 21, inclusive, shall take effect 90 days after the effective
  8. 505 date of this act; provided, however, that no person shall purchase, sell or offer for sale a bump
  9. 506 stock or trigger crank as defined in sections 18 and 19 of this act after the effective date of this act.

BTW - Having a bump stock or trigger crank (2 words that i am absolutely sick of hearing right about now), cannot be used as a reason to get/need a MG license.

SECTION 21. Paragraph (o) of section 131 of said chapter 140, as so appearing, is
hereby amended by adding the following sentence:- Clauses (i) and (ii) of this paragraph shall
not apply to bump stocks and trigger cranks.

This is the section that refers to:
(o) No person shall be issued a license to carry or possess a machine gun in the commonwealth, except that a licensing authority or the colonel of state police may issue a machine gun license to:
(i) a firearm instructor certified by the municipal police training committee for the sole purpose of firearm instruction to police personnel;
(ii) a bona fide collector of firearms upon application or upon application for renewal of such license.

Last edited:
BTW - Having a bump stock or trigger crank (2 words that i am absolutely sick of hearing right about now), cannot be used as a reason to get/need a MG license.

How is this not going to be a major lawsuit? I understand it’s MA, so: “because guns” is always in pkay, but this confiscation of private property without compensation.

Don't forget:
Governor and MA Legislature are exempt from open records and FOIA laws.
They exempted themselves from a billion other laws that you have to follow.
They laugh behind your back, and sometimes in your face.

Charlie should be laughing , he pulled one over on a lot of people.
Scotty Brown thought so too.
How'd that work out for him?
Charlie needs the same treatment.
Wherever he goes after he loses here, his record of treachery needs to stick to him like herpes.
Never say to someone , "Oh ya ? What you gonna do about it ?" unless your ready to find out.
First we vote his ass out and then we dog him into obscurity.
Maybe he can get an ambassadorship to Bengazi or something.

I would love to see Slide Fire come out and say something to the tune of "great legislation bro, that's not how our products work so they aren't banned, GFYS MA General Assembly"

I would love to see Slide Fire come out and say something to the tune of "great legislation bro, that's not how our products work so they aren't banned, GFYS MA General Assembly"

And then, just like the MFS video on ARs, we'd have new AG guidance or a new bill passed that looks like Linskey's.

That was quick.
11/2/2017House Reported from the committee of conference
11/2/2017House Reported on a part of H3979
11/2/2017House Referred to the committee on House Steering, Policy and Scheduling
11/2/2017House Committee reported that the matter be placed in the Orders of the Day for the next sitting, the question being on acceptance
11/2/2017House Rules suspended
11/2/2017House Committee of conference report accepted
11/2/2017Senate Rules suspended
11/2/2017Senate Committee of conference report accepted, in concurrence
11/2/2017House Emergency preamble adopted
11/2/2017Senate Emergency preamble adopted
11/2/2017House Enacted
11/2/2017Senate Enacted and laid before the Governor

The holdup would be with the chair of the ways and means committee, who is tweeting propaganda from the demanding moms and wants Linsky's version passed. He's obviously being supported by his boss who is at odds with his colleague who runs the senate.

Regardless, please shift focus to contacting your legislators with the bullet points in the latest GOAL update.

Exactly. Just received an update from MVGC. Appears as though Sanchez is digging in on Linsky language because he is supporting the vote of the house members. BS. DeLeo barks and Sanchez jumps.

I think the effort needs to move beyond the committee that appears to be deadlocked and expanded to all members of the Senate. If the Senate holds firm then the Linsky language will disappear

He is directly quoting the Moms' letter. Looks like she's from Shrewsbury.

Called my Rep out for voting for it too via email, after he responded to my initial email with how Pro 2A he is. Did not indicate why he did not have the stones to vote no for the house version, but indicated that he is supporting the senate version now and has let the committee members know.

Because they thought nobody was watching, and it was the path of least resistance. Chicken!

Charlie should be laughing , he pulled one over on a lot of people.
Scotty Brown thought so too.
How'd that work out for him?
Charlie needs the same treatment.
Wherever he goes after he loses here, his record of treachery needs to stick to him like herpes.
Never say to someone , "Oh ya ? What you gonna do about it ?" unless your ready to find out.
First we vote his ass out and then we dog him into obscurity.
Maybe he can get an ambassadorship to Bengazi or something.

Okay who will run against Baker?

He is directly quoting the Moms' letter. Looks like she's from Shrewsbury.

Because they thought nobody was watching, and it was the path of least resistance. Chicken!

Emails from Kate Campanale

I fully support the second amendment and the rights of all law abiding Americans to carry and own fire arms.
Report this message sent from Kate Campanale Delete this message sent from Kate Campanale

Kate Campanale
I've signed onto the letter calling for the attorney general to reverse her decision and I've been supported by G.O.A.L.
Report this message sent from Kate Campanale Delete this message sent from Kate Campanale

Kate Campanale
Please feel free to contract my office if you have anymore specific questions: 617-722-2488, speak to Laurel Bolden or my email: [email protected]

- - - Updated - - -

Are we still calling Tarr a turncoat?

Mike

Did gun owners just get screwed ?

I know that I answered this yesterday or the day before.

NO!!

MGL C. 140 S. 131 authorizes LTC and MG licenses for RESIDENTS.

MGL C. 140 S., 131F authorizes LTCs ONLY for NON-RESIDENTS. Absolutely no wording in this section that would allow for licensing NRs for MGs.

Here's my problem with this, and I'm not disputing that what Len has said is how it's been done since the beginning of time (since licensing became a requirement).

The section (131 o-r) dealing with MG licensing does not mention residency. It refers to the Licensing Authority and the colonel of the state police, and is very specific on who it can be issued to, but no mention of resident or non-resident. And as we know, laws restrict, not grant (technically), so absent another section with a specific mention of MG licensing being only for residents, the assumption is that the requirements listed, which do not include residency.

Also, section 131F makes it clear that a non-resident employee of a manufacturer can be licensed to possess a MG. I would think this would also apply to a non-resident who is the owner of a licensed manufacturer located in MA.

There may be more law on MGs but I need help finding it. Maybe it will change my interpretation and maybe it won't. (usual IANAL disclaimer) Frankly this is all just an academic exercise anyway, but I can't help thinking that they failed to directly address the issue of a non-resident license for a MG and as a result it's no different than any other non-resident license and the licensing authority is the colonel of the state police.

1. All of this is a still a flaming pile of dog shit that is being jammed down the throats of MA gun owners and a total infringement. But what is new.

2. All things considered this is still a modest win for 2A for the following reasons:

A: Mobilization and motivation for 2A supporters to get out and make their voices heard.

B: Pressing elected officials and folks running for office to show their true colors and put their money where there mouth is when it relates to 2A issues. Lets make sure that gun rights become a major sticking point in the upcoming/future elections.

C: Yet another example of how Massachusetts has placed itself on the extreme spectrum anti-2a policies and laws. At the very least this surely more ammunition when all of this goes to SCOTUS or grounds for another lawsuit all together.

These asshats in the state house are setting themselves up for a fall but this massive overreach and irresponsibility. I can't wait for the house of cards to come tumbling down in a flaming wreck like Kevin Spacey's career. At least one can dream.

For he meanwhile huge thanks and a debt of gratitude to GOAL and all the folks that rallied and raised holy hell to keep this from being the horror-show that this could have been. I am proud to be a life-time sustaining member.
Time to keep the pressure on and hold these tyrants to account.

Well crap - confiscation.

Time to crap back - be looking for my detailed instructions on how to make a REAL machine gun tomorrow - milling, drilling, dimensions and all the black arts. I have a video I saved from youtube - now pulled (I took notes on it and made some sketches on an AR lower drawing just in case) - looks like just in case is tomorrow.

btw - not advised, however, the mere fact that you KNOW will drive them nuts and they will come up with a ban on knowledge next.

My rep is anti gun and has blatantly told me not to waste her time with pro-gun rhetoric...
I hope you told her you will be telling everyone you know in your house district not to waste their time voting for her, but instead the spend valuable time voting for her opponent (if/when she has one).

Time to crap back - be looking for my detailed instructions on how to make a REAL machine gun tomorrow - milling, drilling, dimensions and all the black arts. I have a video I saved from youtube - now pulled (I took notes on it and made some sketches on an AR lower drawing just in case) - looks like just in case is tomorrow.

btw - not advised, however, the mere fact that you KNOW will drive them nuts and they will come up with a ban on knowledge next.

lightning link seems like the easy path. Not that i would condone that activity.

I'm going to laugh if this forces the state's 'May Issue' into 'Shall Issue' because someone successfully sues because of the uncompensated taking in a city/town which refuses to issue MG licenses. /oh look a flying pig!

Looking forward to it.

It will be a good supplement to the other "how-to" manuals I've come across over the years.

Okay who will run against Baker?

It doesn't matter.
If a guy who works for me gets caught waving his pecker at a customer , my first thought isn't omg who ever will replace him. The f'er gets fired right on the spot.

If you find out the accountant just embezzled a hundred grand from you , you don't keep them working for you till you find someone to fill the job , you shitcan them right then and there.

If someone is kicking you in the nuts you don't let them keep doing it because your afraid someone else may do it harder.

I don't know how much more plain he can make it for us , he said he will sign ANY anti 2A bill that hits his desk.

Over 400 thousand of us in this state and it's time we grew a pair and start kicking people who turn on us after we voted for them to the curb.
The RINO's may actually get the message when they end up one hit wonders.

1. All of this is a still a flaming pile of dog shit that is being jammed down the throats of MA gun owners and a total infringement. But what is new.

2. All things considered this is still a modest win for 2A for the following reasons:

[rofl] You really think that a BAN is a WIN?! What kind of ****ed up logic is that?

It doesn't matter.
If a guy who works for me gets caught waving his pecker at a customer , my first thought isn't omg who ever will replace him. The f'er gets fired right on the spot.

If you find out the accountant just embezzled a hundred grand from you , you don't keep them working for you till you find someone to fill the job , you shitcan them right then and there.

If someone is kicking you in the nuts you don't let them keep doing it because your afraid someone else may do it harder.

I don't know how much more plain he can make it for us , he said he will sign ANY anti 2a bill that hits his desk.

Over 400 thousand of us in this state and it's time we grew a pair and start kicking people who turn on us after we voted for them to the curb.
The RINO's may actually get the message when they end up one hit wonders.

Of course it matters. That's a very sweet notion when you're the one doing the firing and hiring. When that accountant embezzles money and you want to sh!tcan him right then and there... but then you find out that the people he was stealing your money for have the legal right to name his replacement and want even more of your money, you take a minute and think you about things.

I am pissed, too. Charlie is a weasel and I will happily vote for a better option if one presents itself. But sorry, if it comes down to a choice between him and Maura, I'm sure as heck not voting for her and I'm not staying home. I'm holding my nose and voting the same way I always have in this godforsaken state.

This is as much a win for us as a rapist deciding to use lube is a win. You're still boned either way.

Last edited:
I think we should carpet the Boston common with rubber bands.
Have them with a little piece of paper attached with the link to Youtube on how to bumpfire with them![rofl]

BPD Commish Evans would be all like we's gots to keep these machine guns off our streets![smile]

PS. I lost all my rubber bands in a boating accident..[wink]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom