Linsky's Amendment is back in play - Call your rep NOW!

What good is it doing? I send money to the NRA and I get junk mail selling all kinds of crap that I don't care about. I pay for a GOAL membership and I end up getting sold down the river. I saw all kinds of opportunities with a Trump victory and now I realize that even republicans don't support gun rights. All we get is lip service. That's the truth and live with it.

GOAL did a tremendous job getting the more favorable language put in place of the more unfavorable language. Comm2A is another fantastic hard working organization that has generated real results here in MA. Want to stop sending money to the NRA? No skin off my back, but send those dollars over to Comm2A.

We cannot win with legislation, not in this state. All we can do is stave off the worst of it.

Is there someone from GOAL on this board that can state what the pathway to legal ownership is? Yesterday I was a fine outstanding citizen, today I'm worse than a serial killer.

What good is it doing? I send money to the NRA and I get junk mail selling all kinds of crap that I don't care about. I pay for a GOAL membership and I end up getting sold down the river. I saw all kinds of opportunities with a Trump victory and now I realize that even republicans don't support gun rights. All we get is lip service. That's the truth and live with it.

D's and R's are working towards the same goals, they just wear different jerseys in front of the fans and pretend to play for different teams.

GOAL did a tremendous job getting the more favorable language put in place of the more unfavorable language. Comm2A is another fantastic hard working organization that has generated real results here in MA. Want to stop sending money to the NRA? No skin off my back, but send those dollars over to Comm2A.

We cannot win with legislation, not in this state. All we can do is stave off the worst of it.

As near as I can tell we aren't staving off anything in this state. It's a constant struggle to keep one's civil rights head above water all the time. I've been here for a few years now. I've gone to rallies, lobbied my senators and reps directly and it never seems to amount to a hill of beans. The time to vote with my feet is on the horizon.

Is there someone from GOAL on this board that can state what the pathway to legal ownership is? Yesterday I was a fine outstanding citizen, today I'm worse than a serial killer.

IANAL nor do I represent GOAL but from my read there isn’t a pathway to legal ownership

I think myself and others have posted it a few times in this thread.

You need an MG license.

It hasn't been signed yet so you still have over 90 days where nothing has changed WRT possession.

As near as I can tell we aren't staving off anything in this state. It's a constant struggle to keep one's civil rights head above water all the time. I've been here for a few years now. I've gone to rallies, lobbied my senators and reps directly and it never seems to amount to a hill of beans. The time to vote with my feet is on the horizon.

Yes, going to rallies is not going make a D dominated state government start caring about your rights. The reality however is as with the 2013(?) legislation the least desirable legislation was stopped, thanks to GOAL and the political activity of gun owners in MA. If you think we will ever see pro gun legislation being passed in the state of MA I have bad news for you.

Comm2A is our best hope to the restoration of rights, GOAL to prevent further erosion.

Last edited:
IANAL nor do I represent GOAL but from my read there isn’t a pathway to legal ownership

So it sounds like even the 'best' version of this law turns many us into low life criminals with no way to keep our good names and reputations. Great. Tell me again why GOAL deserves even a single red cent?

So it sounds like even the 'best' version of this law turns many us into low life criminals with no way to keep our good names and reputations. Great. Tell me again why GOAL deserves even a single red cent?

Because we got the "best" version, would you prefer we had gotten the worst version?

I find it interesting that you are mad at GOAL and the NRA. GOAL is a group that give firearm owners in MA a voice on the state level. IF that voice falls on deaf ears, its not the fault of GOAL. ( i would say its more the fault of the 320,000 LTC holders that are not GOAL members)

Why are you not mad at the legislators that passed this crap? Why are you not mad at the legislators that refused to act on the AG re-definitions of decades old law?

GOAL is $30 a year. The politicians that abuse our civil rights drain a crap load more money from our wallets than GOAL.

without GOAL we'd all be contemplating how we react to a total criminalization/confiscation/taking of all standard capacity magazines instead of gnashing our teeth about a bump-stocks that most wouldn't be caught dead with.

I find it interesting that you are mad at GOAL and the NRA. GOAL is a group that give firearm owners in MA a voice on the state level. IF that voice falls on deaf ears, its not the fault of GOAL. ( i would say its more the fault of the 320,000 LTC holders that are not GOAL members)

Why are you not mad at the legislators that passed this crap? Why are you not mad at the legislators that refused to act on the AG re-definitions of decades old law?

GOAL is $30 a year. The politicians that abuse our civil rights drain a crap load more money from our wallets than GOAL.

Tell me what good the voice at the state level is doing? I'll tell you what its doing. Nada, that's what.

Tell me what good the voice at the state level is doing? I'll tell you what its doing. Nada, that's what.

Your right, why bother anymore? I suggest you move to NH and find a new forum to hang out. DU would be a start.

You are being a child, we were not going to win this. We simply took the smallest loss available. You want to stop supporting gun rights in MA because GOAL was unable to stop a D legislature from giving their base some red meat? Go for it. Just dont complain next time this happens and prebans get banned.

I'll say one last thing. I'm going to be very leery about giving any money to any gun rights organizations anymore. None of them seem to be effective and none of them seem to care about people who are trapped in the blue bubble.

VetteGirl, I understand your frustration. GOAL is surgeon. But in this state they are only allow to operate on the cancer with a spoon and a butter knife. This could never be about removing the entire tumor. But GOAL did get some of it. I do believe without GOAL, we would have died from cancer years ago.

This was never and all or nothing battle...just not possible in this state. Those are the facts.

If all gun owners in the state supported GOAL they might be able to buy a scalpel. There are only 16,000 GOAL members. That is pathetic. Everyone needs to continue to back GOAL and Comm2A.

Your right, why bother anymore? I suggest you move to NH and find a new forum to hang out. DU would be a start.

You are being a child, we were not going to win this. We simply took the smallest loss available. You want to stop supporting gun rights in MA because GOAL was unable to stop a D legislature from giving their base some red meat? Go for it. Just dont complain next time this happens and prebans get banned.

Don't you get it? They are going to take them anyways, its only a matter of time. Civil rights don't matter in this country any more.

My rep is anti gun and has blatantly told me not to waste her time with pro-gun rhetoric...
Then I'd probably "waste time", any of my free time, digging for ANY dirt that I could fundy, expose and embarrass the scuz with...Everyone - EVERY ONE - of these higher, mightier, "I'm better than you" disgusting filthbags have something - SOMETHING - in their past that they DREAD anyone finding out about...(see the encyclopedia under "Hollywood Idols".. But make sure it's been updated "post-Weinstein").

It's always sweet irony seeing the "holy" types exposed as as*hole-y instead...If she's a Democrat, she probably molested a young girl or two somewhere along her career.

Just sayin'

Actually, only 16,000 GOAL members.

IF you are a LTC holder in MA, and you are not a member of GOAL, YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

If 300,000 of those people were GOAL members, we wouldn't have any of this BS to deal with.

Source:
https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...crease-seen/mru1o8yuwM9MiMuG1GRd6O/story.html

That is correct...If 300,000 gun owners made their voice heard thru GOAL...we would not be having this discussion. I would rather fight to expand GOAL then lay down and give up.

Don't you get it? They are going to take them anyways, its only a matter of time. Civil rights don't matter in this country any more.
We have the dubious distinction of being on the front line of battle for the 2A,

weare going to take a pounding.

pick up the pieces and reload.

they are coming again.

Because we got the "best" version, would you prefer we had gotten the worst version?

To quote Hillary Clinton, at this point what difference does it make?

Did you read the two versions? Do you understand what the Linsky version would have done? This is what we avoided.

Yes, the whole thing sucks, but to ignore the reality of the situation, and the efforts made to better it, is just delusional.

You are obviously a newer gun owner. I've been at this gun thing for 35 years and yes it sucks however without GOAL it would suck a whole lot more. In fact without GOAL I'd be willing to bet gun ownership would have been a wet dream for you today.

You have your right to your opinion just like everyone else but this was a loosing battle for us right out of the gate. Be happy they removed some of the language like trigger upgrades.

Back
Top Bottom