• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Linsky after bump stocks AND pre ban mags !!!!!!!!!

This creates the precedent of banning lawfully owned private property with no provision for compensation ... a dangerous step towards the kind of stuff Linsky wants to pass.

This creates the precedent of banning lawfully owned private property with no provision for compensation ... a dangerous step towards the kind of stuff Linsky wants to pass.

Actually, I thought it did not address possession (which is why everyone will be thankful they ran out and bought 10 before they were banned).

ETA: I think this is the actual language:

Amendment ID: S2177-5-R1

Redraft Amendment 5

Relative to rapid fire firearms

Ms. Creem, Messrs. Tarr and Moore, Ms. Spilka, Messrs. Rodrigues, Hinds, Timilty and McGee move to amend the bill by inserting the following new sections:-

SECTION X: Section 121 of Chapter 140 of the general laws as appearing in the 2016 official edition, is hereby amended in line 100 by inserting after the words “submachine gun” the following:-

“The term machine gun shall include bump stocks and trigger cranks.”

SECTION Y. Section 121 of chapter 140 of the general laws as appearing in the 2016 official edition, is hereby amended in line 100 by inserting the following new definitions:-

“Bump stock” any device for a semiautomatic firearm that increases the rate of fire achievable with such firearm by using energy from the recoil of the firearm to generate a reciprocating action that facilitates repeated activation of the trigger.

“Trigger Crank” any device to be attached to a semi-automatic firearm that repeatedly activates the trigger of the firearm through the use of a lever or other part that is turned in a circular motion, but does not include any firearm initially designed and manufactured to fire through the use of a crank or lever.

SECTION Z. The executive office of public safety and security shall notify any individual licensed under chapter 140 of changes made under section X and the effective date of those changes. The executive office shall also notify manufacturers of bump stocks and trigger cranks of changes made under section X and the effective date of those changes.

SECTION XX. Section X shall take effect 90 days after the passage of this act; but it shall be unlawful to purchase, sell, or offer for sale a bump stock or trigger crank in violation of chapter 140 of the General Laws after the effective date of this act.

Last edited:
Okay.... let's assume Tarrs bill gets passed and Baker signs it into laws.
Lets also assume the Feds do nothing on a national level.

Is anything stopping me from buying one in a Texas ( after all the FR pricing)
and bringing it home to MA?

Shhhh! Don't give them more ideas.

Bottom line a ban is not going to stop a bad person from doing bad things if that is what they are intent on doing. If they have to obtain illegal to purchase items they will find a way. If they have to make something themselves they will.

Okay.... let's assume Tarrs bill gets passed and Baker signs it into laws.
Lets also assume the Feds do nothing on a national level.

you got your answer already.

This language is still pretty vague:

So, a bump stock with no gun is a machine gun? Actually, it is just apiece of plastic.

Time to revive one of the green card threads?

See post #682
https://www.northeastshooters.com/v...gs-!!!!!!!!!?p=5669386&viewfull=1#post5669386

This language is still pretty vague:

So, a bump stock with no gun is a machine gun?

For the purposes of use, sale, and purchase you need a MG license. It's the cleanest way to shoehorn the items into the state's existing regulatory scheme.

Last edited:
So, for those who are thinking that this law does not ban possession of a bump stock or trigger crank, you may want to take a gander at the penalty for possession of a machine gun without a license. Because according to this law, that is what they will be. So unless you have a green card, you may be looking at (please correct me if I am reading this incorrectly) LIFE IN PRISON.

Whoever, except as provided by law, possesses a machine gun, as defined in section one hundred and twenty-one of chapter one hundred and forty, without permission under section one hundred and thirty-one of said chapter one hundred and forty; or whoever owns, possesses or carries on his person, or carries on his person or under his control in a vehicle, a sawed-off shotgun, as defined in said section one hundred and twenty-one of said chapter one hundred and forty, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for life, or for any term of years provided that any sentence imposed under the provisions of this paragraph shall be subject to the minimum requirements of paragraph

So, for those who are thinking that this law does not ban possession of a bump stock or trigger crank, you may want to take a gander at the penalty for possession of a machine gun without a license. Because according to this law, that is what they will be. So unless you have a green card, you may be looking at (please correct me if I am reading this incorrectly) LIFE IN PRISON.

Well shit, looks like you are right. The bill left out "possession" because that issue is already neatly defined in the statute.

Well shit, looks like you are right. The bill left out "possession" because that issue is already neatly defined in the statute.

Which is why I asked the question: Is MA now going to issue MG licenses to all those who now possess bumpstocks and crankfires? Otherwise it is an unlawful taking by denial of use of private property that was lawfully possessed prior to any law being amended.

You can't have it both ways MA legislature......shit or get off the pot.

Does that not constitute a de facto taking?

- - - Updated - - -

Which is why I asked the question: Is MA now going to issue MG licenses to all those who now possess bumpstocks and crankfires? Otherwise it is an unlawful taking by denial of use of private property that was lawfully possessed prior to any law being amended.

Exactly.

As a practical matter, certainly not worth having a bump stock in this state without an MG license. If you really you need/want suppressive fire, just use the technique - no special stocks or cranks are required.

Shall issue green cards. Great idea!

Freedom has a value and a cost. Why support a state that hates you?

It wasn't easy for me to move for MANY reasons. Life is too short to deal with that shit. I guess if you grew up in MA it's all you know and you really dont understand.

This is probably the number one reason I am leaving. Paying taxes to fxcksticks that constantly take your rights away with no recourse. Its like getting kicked in the balls every day when you get out of bed.

For those of you that say stay and fight.....well the House vote was 150-3 or something.....that's right. 3 of our "representatives" in the house think you should have personal freedoms. Even so called Republicans. Those are odds I'm not taking anymore at my age....

Last edited:
As a practical matter, certainly not worth having a bump stock in this state without an MG license. If you really you need/want suppressive fire, just use the technique - no special stocks or cranks are required.

We're not talking practicality here. we're talking legality. The state is acting in an unconstitutional manner and it needs sorely to be addressed.

The entire legislature should be hanged.

Well, I didn't see them amend the requirements for obtaining an MG license. Not trying to be a bummer here.

license to possess or carry a machine gun may be issued to a firearm instructor certified by the Criminal Justice Training Council for the sole purpose of firearm instruction to police personnel, or to a bona fide collector of firearms upon application or renewal of such license.

A "bona fide collector of firearms," for the purpose of issuance of a machine gun license, shall be defined as an individual who acquires firearms for such lawful purposes as historical significance, display, research, lecturing, demonstration, test firing, investment or other like purpose.3Ñ4For the purpose of issuance of a machine gun license the acquisition of firearms for sporting use or for use as an offensive or defensive weapon shall not qualify an applicant as a bona fide collector of firearms.3Ñ4An individual licensed pursuant to 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44, Sections 921-929 and 27 CFR part 178 shall be deemed a bona fide collector of firearms for the purpose of this regulation.

We're not talking practicality here. we're talking legality. The state is acting in an unconstitutional manner and it needs sorely to be addressed.

The entire legislature should be hanged.

In other news, water is wet. I agree with you.

I want them to realize the bump stock and crank ban does not stop the technique. Then, let's see if they have the balls to ban semi-autos. I am tired of the death by a thousand small, ignorant cuts. Let's get this on for real if they dare and see how it works out.

In other news, water is wet. I agree with you.

I want them to realize the bump stock and crank ban does not stop the technique. Then, let's see if they have the balls to ban semi-autos. I am tired of the death by a thousand small, ignorant cuts. Let's get this on for real if they dare and see how it works out.

If you want what I think you are eluding to, you don't want a state level semi auto ban, you need a federal one. Nothing started after NY Safe and I bet nothing would start here. Federal level, you may have a different story. Then you could jump in on the action. Now there may be some UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES for folks who vote in legislation like this. But I wouldn't expect any organized response around here.

If you want what I think you are eluding to, you don't want a state level semi auto ban, you need a federal one. Nothing started after NY Safe and I bet nothing would start here. Federal level, you may have a different story. Then you could jump in on the action. Now there may be some UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES for folks who vote in legislation like this. But I wouldn't expect any organized response around here.

I want the SCOTUS to deal with it. The more ridiculous the ban, the better the case. I'm sure they won't be stupid enough to do it. But in the meantime, I hope they know we can all still "simulate full auto" anytime we want.

Most murders and rapists don't get life in this ****ed up state

MA will no doubt argue "it is not a taking because there is a license you can apply for. If you cannot get the license because of the unlimited discretion granted to police departments on MG licenses, that is a separate issue, but compensation is not due.".

The courts have no problem declaring you can get unavailable licenses - just look at the federal court decision that an FID plus PTP (permit to purchase) is the minimum that satisfies Heller/McDonald in MA.

But I wouldn't expect any organized response around here.
Comm2A will be examining the legal issue surrounding whatever gets passed. But, you have to remember, we are the business of getting stuff done, not using the court to make statements, so action, or lack thereof, will be carefully and strategically thought out. It could be that the issue is so loaded and sentiment so biased that all any action would do is set a precedent that would be most harmful to future, more sympathetic, cases.

Last edited:
If the feds ban bump stocks and you have a new Green Card - you'll be fine.

The state does not need to listen to the feds.

We have sanctuary cities, right?

The feds and ICE cant go into home and schools to deport people?

Well then the state should not allow the feds to confiscate a bump stock.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Back
Top Bottom