Linsky after bump stocks AND pre ban mags !!!!!!!!!

MA will no doubt argue "it is not a taking Comm2A will be examining the legal issue surrounding whatever gets passed. But, you have to remember, we are the business of getting stuff done, not using the court to make statements, so action, or lack thereof, will be carefully and strategically thought out. It could be that the issue is so loaded and sentiment so biased that all any action would do is set a precedent that would be most harmful to future, more sympathetic, cases.

I had the feeling he was looking for a "tea in the harbor" sort of response. I just meant, I wouldn't expect folks to grab pitchforks and rifles over any state law up to and including a full semi auto ban.

Comm2a is great, and I have no issue with their response.

If the feds ban bump stocks and you have a new Green Card - you'll be fine.

The state does not need to listen to the feds.

We have sanctuary cities, right?

The feds and ICE cant go into home and schools to deport people?

Well then the state should not allow the feds to confiscate a bump stock.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Ma. Pot laws illustrate your point as well.

Senator Brownsberger has an online thread where you can post public comments (scroll down). Be thoughtful and write it out in advance.

https://willbrownsberger.com/bump-stock-ban/

"This is an unbelievably horrible law that turns law-abiding citizens into felons overnight, without any prior discussion or public comment on proposed legislation. A piece of plastic will now be treated as a machine gun, and heavily regulated with felony charges.

There are many thousands of lawful owners of bump fire stocks, and there is no way that all of them will be informed about this change. It is very likely that many of them will be caught "years later" with these devices and their lives will be ruined as they are prosecuted harshly and thrown in prison over a piece of plastic, which was 100% legal to own when they purchased it. For the owners that are notified, they will be forced to dispose of their legally purchased and owned possessions with zero compensation from the government, which is and has been ruled by the supreme court as being unconstitutional.

If there was ever a law that needed close judicial review before being passed, it's this one."

“The term machine gun shall include bump stocks and trigger cranks.”

So, a bump stock with no gun is a machine gun? Actually, it is just apiece of plastic.

And reloading components are ammunition. Did you forget we're talking about MA here?

"When a long train of abuses and usurpations…evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."-Declaration of Independence.

You now have an entire legislature abusing and usurping, not just one king ........its past time to exercise your rights and do your duty.

If the feds ban bump stocks and you have a new Green Card - you'll be fine.

The state does not need to listen to the feds.

We have sanctuary cities, right?

The feds and ICE cant go into home and schools to deport people?

Well then the state should not allow the feds to confiscate a bump stock.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

They will only do that if Trump comes out against bump stocks. [rolleyes]

it upsets me that we always get nothing in return.

This is the left's form of "Compromise". Instead of getting completely bent over, you only get partially bent over when it comes to your RIGHTS!

com·pro·mise
ˈkämprəˌmīz
noun
1. an agreement or a settlement of a dispute that is reached by each side making concessions.
"an ability to listen to two sides in a dispute, and devise a compromise acceptable to both"
synonyms: agreement, understanding, settlement, terms, deal, trade-off, bargain; More

That's the way compromise works in Massachusetts when it comes to gun laws. They start by putting forward a bill that takes away X,Y, and Z. Then they back off and only take X and Y letting us keep Z. Then they can say that they "compromised" and didn't take all three.

They have to be fought each and every step of the way. Not one more infringement.

Bob

OMG his response to the question about which rate of fire is classic, glad he put it back up there. "Really, really fast ones"

These are our elected officials folks

If there is no baseline of a rate of fire, then how can a modification be illegal? If I attach a piece of superball to my trigger and it allows me to pull the trigger faster, do I go away for life? WTF

OMG his response to the question about which rate of fire is classic, glad he put it back up there. "Really, really fast ones"

These are our elected officials folks

If there is no baseline of a rate of fire, then how can a modification be illegal? If I attach a piece of superball to my trigger and it allows me to pull the trigger faster, do I go away for life? WTF

He's mocking us. Fact is, they don't give a **** about you or your rights. In this state, they'll be applauded for it.

Love the 46 year shooter, NRA instructor who has no problem with additional laws, as long as what he likes isn't touched (in this case competition shooting / trigger jobs).
The enemy that stands beside us is worse than the enemy we face head on.

This only applies to firearms, right? So a modification to increase the application rate for other commodities, say, tar, and domestic products, like feathers, wouldn't be covered under the law?

What you "got" was stripping out the language regarding the office of public safety promulgating undefined regulations on maintenance and modification... It's actually Trump 101. Figure out what you need, ask for twice as much, "Give back" showing compromise...

Everytime we go through one of these we walk away feeling "THAT could've been worse" [rolleyes]... a spoonful of honey may help the medicine go down, but ya still took your medicine.

Just so everyone is clear:
There is no current law passed as of yet.
What the house passed and what the senate passed are very different.
We have a while to wait to see what actually passes.

The house and senate are on recess till Monday.

Who works on Fridays?

Just so everyone is clear:
There is no current law passed as of yet.
What the house passed and what the senate passed are very different.
We have a while to wait to see what actually passes.

The house and senate are on recess till Monday.

Who works on Fridays?

us, who pays those *******s

I think getting Tarr's language passed by the senate will remain an important victory (for sufficiently broad values of "victory") even if the Linsky amendment is ultimately what comes out of the conference committee, because it sets a Schelling point likely to become the basis for the regulatory language that Linsky calls for. It makes it more likely that the regulations we end up with will be a narrow ban on bump stocks and trigger cranks, rather than something sweeping that bans all aftermarket trigger jobs.

I think getting Tarr's language passed by the senate will remain an important victory (for sufficiently broad values of "victory") even if the Linsky amendment is ultimately what comes out of the conference committee, because it sets a Schelling point likely to become the basis for the regulatory language that Linsky calls for. It makes it more likely that the regulations we end up with will be a narrow ban on bump stocks and trigger cranks, rather than something sweeping that bans all aftermarket trigger jobs.

So if Maura is our next governor, you don't think her minions would use Linsky's version to regulate the shit out of the law abiding residents of mASS? I disagree.

I think "damage control" is a better word than "victory" or "compromise". I support the concept of compromise, but it requires both parties to actually give something.

So if Maura is our next governor, you don't think her minions would use Linsky's version to regulate the shit out of the law abiding residents of mASS? I disagree.

You disagree about what? I never said "we're safe now". All I said is that even if the Linsky version becomes law, we're still better off for the Tarr version having passed the senate. Could a future administration use the regulatory power created by Linsky to implement something much broader than the Tarr language? Of course. Will they? Maybe, but maybe not.

Back
Top Bottom