Linsky after bump stocks AND pre ban mags !!!!!!!!!

These rodents move awful fast when something fits their agenda.

Bump stocks are a non problem.

How about:

1. 50% of the state budget is welfare

2. 2,000 deaths due to opiods

3. 1/3 of the state on Mass Health

Seems like emotion trumps common sense in Mass.

NEVER VOTE DEMOCRAT!

H.3951 making appropriations for the fiscal year 2017 to provide for supplementing certain existing appropriations and for certain other activities and projects

https://malegislature.gov/Bills/190/H3951

Amendment #1, as changed to H3951Automatic Weapons
Mr. Linsky of Natick moves to amend the bill by adding the following 2 sections:
“SECTION XX: Chapter 140 of General Laws is hereby amended by inserting after section 131Q, as appearing in the 2016 Official Edition, the following section:-
Section 131R. Whoever possesses, owns or offers for sale any device which attaches to a rifle, shotgun or firearm, except a magazine, that is designed to increase the rate of discharge of the rifle, shotgun or firearm or whoever modifies any rifle, shotgun or firearm with the intent to increase its rate of discharge, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison by not less than 3 nor more than 20 years.
SECTION YY. Section XX shall take effect 180 days after the effective date of this act.”

These rodents move awful fast when something fits their agenda.

Bump stocks are a non problem.

How about:

1. 50% of the state budget is welfare

2. 2,000 deaths due to opiods

3. 1/3 of the state on Mass Health

Seems like emotion trumps common sense in Mass.

NEVER VOTE DEMOCRAT!

You and your facts.

Anyone know if there is a web feed from the house sessions?

- - - Updated - - -

Found it:

Sh1tbag is talking
https://malegislature.gov/Events/Sessions/Detail/2933

- - - Updated - - -

roll call for something just started, right after linskey was talking.

So 6 month grace period for bumpstocks, and anything else that "attaches to a rifle, shotgun or firearm, except a magazine, that is designed to increase the rate of discharge of the rifle, shotgun or firearm," and 6 months to modify "any rifle, shotgun or firearm with the intent to increase its rate of discharge"?

Amendment #1, as changed to H3951Automatic Weapons
Mr. Linsky of Natick moves to amend the bill by adding the following three sections:
“SECTION XX: Chapter 140 of General Laws is hereby amended by inserting after section 131Q, as appearing in the 2016 Official Edition, the following section:-
Section 131R. Whoever possesses, owns or offers for sale any device which attaches to a rifle, shotgun or firearm, except a magazine, that is designed to increase the rate of discharge of the rifle, shotgun or firearm or whoever modifies any rifle, shotgun or firearm with the intent to increase its rate of discharge, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison by not less than 3 nor more than 20 years.
SECTION YY. Section XX shall take effect 180 days after the effective date of this act.”
SECTION ZZ. The Secretary of Public Safety shall promulgate regulations by January 1, 2018 concerning the allowability of maintenance and enhancement of rifles, shotguns and firearms consistent with the intent of this section.

- - - Updated - - -

So the state has till Jan to figure out how to enforce this junk?

So the state has till Jan to figure out how to enforce this junk?

Senate needs to push it now.

I just sent this to my house reps. I guess i will bot be their favorite person.

The inability of mass legislature to write laws that make sense is not only sad, but pushing the lines of incompetent.

3951, Amendment 1 - doesn't ban bump-stocks. One can make a legal argument that a semi-automatic rifle can only fire 1 round per a trigger pull. Therefore a bump stock does not alter the rate of fire of a firearm.

Good job guys.

Senate needs to push it now.

I just sent this to my house reps. I guess i will bot be their favorite person.

The inability of mass legislature to write laws that make sense is not only sad, but pushing the lines of incompetent.

3951, Amendment 1 - doesn't ban bump-stocks. One can make a legal argument that a semi-automatic rifle can only fire 1 round per a trigger pull. Therefore a bump stock does not alter the rate of fire of a firearm.

Good job guys.

They don't care, they just want a trophy, pat themselves on the back and say "we did something".

Somebody Better Tell Jerry Miculek to stay out of MA after this goes through.. He definitely increases the cyclic rate of a firearm.. And He's a Cyborg.. So part mechanical..

Massachusetts lawmakers expected to vote on bump stock ban in reaction to Las Vegas mass shooting

Bypassing a public hearing, Massachusetts lawmakers are expected to vote Monday on a bump stock ban.

The legislation banning bump stocks comes after the Oc. 1 mass shooting in Las Vegas. The gunman, Stephen Paddock, had the device on several guns, according to authorities.

The bump stock device allows rapid fire, similar to automatic fire.

Lawmakers in the Massachusetts House plan to attach the ban to a budget bill that's expected to pass today.

Gov. Charlie Baker has said he would sign a ban on bump stocks if legislation reaches his desk. State senators have indicated they are interested in moving quickly on a ban as well.

Massachusetts House Speaker Robert DeLeo, D-Winthrop, said the Bay State has some of the strongest gun control laws in the country.

"Having said that I think the bump stock was something that just wasn't looked at," he said. "I think it was an oversight on our behalf and because of that, I think it's most important that we take it up and that we take it up immediately, and that again we show that Massachusetts is the number one state in the country when it comes to battling gun violence."

After Las Vegas, Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker says he'd sign ban on bump stocks
Legislation banning devices that a Las Vegas mass murderer may have used to modify his weapons, enabling him to pepper a concert crowd with hundreds of bullets per minute, would win Gov. Charlie Baker's signature if it reached his desk.

Emerging from a caucus with House Democrats, DeLeo said he hadn't heard objections to the ban from gun owners.

When a reporter noted there won't be a public hearing on the bill so gun owners are unable to formally weigh in, DeLeo responded, "Trust me, I think with what has been written, whether it's news media, social media, you know, whatever, I think they know this is a subject that's being looked at."

The ban will not include high-capacity magazines. "We're going to save that debate for another day," said state Rep. David Linsky, a Natick Democrat who is proposing the bump stock ban.

Linsky said he has received "positive" feedback on his proposal.

"And that includes people who are gun owners. People realized we have to draw the line somewhere," Linsky said. "With the Second Amendment right to bear arms, comes the responsibility, and that responsibility includes to not use weapons that have no place in a civilized society. And a bump stock creates a weapon that has no place in a civilized society."

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/10/massachusetts_lawmakers_expect.html#incart_river_home

No mag ban... yet.

Back
Top Bottom