• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Leaving your firearm in your MV.

What can go wrong?

h
mirror-ak-jpg.179410

I've witnessed numerous (clueless) firearms instructors spewing that bullshit in MA! Therefore, many gun owners believe it to be illegal. I make a point of discrediting that in my Mass Gun Law seminars.
I always make a point to carry when I go to the bank. I’m often withdrawing large amounts of cash (say for a gun purchase or maybe even to pay a contractor) and that’s when I would most expect to actually need it. The idea of walking out of a bank with a couple of grand in cash unarmed is completely anathema to me.

+1 on70 mile commute and next one is going hybrid and maybe even Prius - watch everyone loose their shite LOL
My commute is 70+ miles went from a Ram 1500 at 13mpg to my plug-in hybrid at 80mpg.
I don't get insulted for driving it because it's more insulting to gays to call the car gay.

Actually - What insult do you use for a car that takes it both front and rear (power and fuel)?

On topic - my work is on federal property so no lockbox for me. Forgot a box of 22lr once and was praying not to get picked for the car search.

QUOTE="MoAmmoPlease, post: 6970238, member: 18757"]
I ALWAYS carry a firearm when outside the home except for extremely rare instances where it would just be goofy. Like the beach! Do you have any idea how difficult it is to conceal even a little Seacamp .32 in your speedo? I'm afraid I do carry in prohibited places like the Post Office, banks etcetera but A wise man told me decades ago that " Concealed means concealed". Then there those other situations where you should definitely not carry like federal buildings with metal detectors.
Long winded but I guess my question is how you secure your gun in a MV? Do you put it in the trunk? Lock it to a seat support or lock it in glove compartment or what? Am I breaking the law by disassembling it? I tuck a recoil spring here, a barrel there and ammo and frame get stashed separately as well. Does the frame make what I'm doing illegal? In reality I don't think they would ever find all the components and how long does it take to break it down? 15 seconds if your taking your time so it's easy enough.
So what do you guys do??
TY
[/QUOTE]
I mounted a locking truck box behind the cab of my Tacoma. I put the unloaded guns in locked hard-sided rifle cases, then lock them in the truck box. I understand this is MA legal transport and storage. The storage part becomes relevant if you have to park the vehicle and leave it for any reason.

My commute is 70+ miles went from a Ram 1500 at 13mpg to my plug-in hybrid at 80mpg.
I don't get insulted for driving it because it's more insulting to gays to call the car gay.

Actually - What insult do you use for a car that takes it both front and rear (power and fuel)?

On topic - my work is on federal property so no lockbox for me. Forgot a box of 22lr once and was praying not to get picked for the car search.
Is there place to plug in at work ?
An empty lockbox in place for a similar reason.

I can't think of the last time I went into a no carry zone. Post office? Bank? All online. School? All my kids are like 40. If'n there's a rifle onboard it's typically in a locked case whether it needs to be or not. As far as the Speedo thing your on your own. I'm tired of the chicks asking me if that's a 45 in my shorts.
45, [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

I have this under the back seat of my Sierra 1500

Is there place to plug in at work ?
An empty lockbox in place for a similar reason.
No charging at work - They were looking at putting in charging stations but wanted to wait until charging is added to the TIPs program (white collar welfare 😁).
If they add free charging at work I'll buy a BEV that week.

people on this forum: the healy press conference is a joke, no ones ever been prosecuted, i'll build whatever the f*** i want.

also people on this forum: when i go to the bank to ask the teller what my balance is, i unload my bodyguard 380 and i securely store it in a locked container that is hidden in the engine bay and tethered to the engine mounts

and before anyone gets on my dick, yes i understand one is a law and one isnt. its just funny to observe the spectrum of behaviors

Neither of those is a law.

Lots of people can't carry at work, but want to be armed to and from work. If you have to do this on a regular basis and your vehicle is parked in an unsecured lot, I would bolt a heavy lock box in the trunk or rear of the vehicle if possible. If you have a large center console, that might work too. A heavy gauge box probably wont fit under the seat of most vehicles.

The problem with the small clamshell cabled safes is they are very thin steel with tiny cables and inexpensive locks. They are probably OK for the occasional trip to the Post Office.

bf03df099995ee089120957f48060438.jpg

I drive an F250, I have a console vault in the bottom center console under the middle seat. It will fit my gun and the other half's if we're together, plus some other stuff I keep in there. I leave the console down all the time, Most people don't even know there is a seat there with a second center console under it. In our Fusion we have 2 Liberty Safe pistol box's in the trunk under the false trunk floor where the spare tire is. We keep them tethered to the reinforced part of the trunk floor that holds down the spare tire. I will not leave a long gun unattended in my vehicle for any reason, unless I'm in town on my way back from the range and I'm just stopping to grab a sandwich or something and the truck is gonna stay in sight. If I'm traveling with a long gun they go into a pelican case or similar with a couple of ABUS locks on it and I cable it to the seat mounts.

Lots of people can't carry at work, but want to be armed to and from work. If you have to do this on a regular basis and your vehicle is parked in an unsecured lot, I would bolt a heavy lock box in the trunk or rear of the vehicle if possible. If you have a large center console, that might work too. A heavy gauge box probably wont fit under the seat of most vehicles.

The problem with the small clamshell cabled safes is they are very thin steel with tiny cables and inexpensive locks. They are probably OK for the occasional trip to the Post Office.

bf03df099995ee089120957f48060438.jpg
The clamshell pistol boxes from Liberty Safe are pretty damn thick and the cable they come with is pretty stout, much better than most anyway, and they are about the same money as the cheap ones.

View attachment 405739

Make sure when you carry it, leave the chamber empty too.

I put one of these in my Wrangler and used a f***load of red Loctite on those 18mm bolts. Good luck [rofl]

J18277_alt2
Just FYI I can pry one of those open with a flat head screwdriver or a tire iron in like 30 seconds. I had a Wrangler with one of those, so did my buddy, his pistol got stolen out of it. I tried to break into mine and got into in less than a minute and the scum bags seem to know exactly where to look for them and how to break into them.

Back
Top Bottom