• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Leaving your firearm in your MV.

I don't know of any law that prohibits someone from carrying a firearm in a bank, in MA. Someone else brought this up to me not long ago saying "Oh it's a law alright... Trust me." and when I asked him to cite that

There is no statute in Massachusetts law prohibiting a Massachusetts licensed holder from carrying a concealed handgun in a bank.

I knew I’d take shit for posting what I drive 😂😂👍

There’s nothing wrong with them outside of being so easy to make fun of.
Lately I’ve been zipping around town in my aunt’s ‘03 RAV4 that she gave me because she’s giving up her license. If I were a less confident man I’d be embarrassed to be seen in it but it gets better gas mileage than my ‘11 4runner and way easier getting into tighter parking spots!
;)

I ALWAYS carry a firearm when outside the home except for extremely rare instances where it would just be goofy. Like the beach! Do you have any idea how difficult it is to conceal even a little Seacamp .32 in your speedo?
So what do you guys do??
TY

Remember the potato goes in the front.

Lately I’ve been zipping around town in my aunt’s ‘03 RAV4 that she gave me because she’s giving up her license. If I were a less confident man I’d be embarrassed to be seen in it but it gets better gas mileage than my ‘11 4runner and way easier getting into tighter parking spots!
;)
Don't forget your camouflage...

1604091041070.png

This is exactly what I have for the 4Runner which has no trunk. In my '83 Mustang the trunk is only accessible by the key so that works.

When you're going to the range with more than will fit into the small lock box, is the back of the 4 runner considered a trunk regarding transportation laws? Or do you need to lock them in a container/bag?

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to conceal even a little Seacamp .32 in your speedo?
Dead. To. Me.

But I could just tape it underneath, and you would never see it. I mean really, if your barrel isn't longer than a Seacamp, you might want to switch to regular boys swim trunks.

Buy a Honda Ridgeline, the trunk has a huge lockbox built under the bed.,
The only problem with that, not to pile on, is that you have to drive a Honda Ridgeline.... in public.

When you're going to the range with more than will fit into the small lock box, is the back of the 4 runner considered a trunk regarding transportation laws? Or do you need to lock them in a container/bag?

For transportation, handguns and large capacity rifles and shotguns need to be “cased” as in prettymuch anything that is capable of being locked. Those soft pistol cases suffice if they have a locking mechanism. If you park and leave the vehicle you are no longer transporting, you are storing in a vehicle. The rules for handguns and large capacity long guns stay the same at that point but with non large capacity long guns, a trigger lock or better will suffice. They don’t even really need to be “cased” but I would never leave any type of gun in plain sight sitting in my vehicle if I leave it.

I have an inexpensive (Snap-on, I think) "gun safe" that's run by a AAA battery that has three buttons and a six button-push code to open it. It's got a cable that loops through the seat frame under the back seat of my F-150 SuperCrew.

;)
Damn, earlier this year I was looking for one of those and couldn't find any decent ones. IDGAS what anyone thinks about what I drive, I've got a ~70 mile round trip commute and needed something that didn't have me bend over a few times a week. Sooooo happy I wound up with what I did and not the XJ/TJ I wanted.

;)
They still suck on gas - ask me how I know :)

Damn, earlier this year I was looking for one of those and couldn't find any decent ones. IDGAS what anyone thinks about what I drive, I've got a ~70 mile round trip commute and needed something that didn't have me bend over a few times a week. Sooooo happy I wound up with what I did and not the XJ/TJ I wanted.
+1 on70 mile commute and next one is going hybrid and maybe even Prius - watch everyone loose their shite LOL

+1 on70 mile commute and next one is going hybrid and maybe even Prius - watch everyone loose their shite LOL
I keep thinking about getting one of these for my back window. [rofl2]

41HlYyio3VL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

What do you mean you don't CCW at the beach?

I CCW a G43 under my fat roll.

Nobody batted an eye.

And yes, I have maritime spring cups.

I use a Console Vault in my truck and a lock box cabled to the seat frame in my car. In both cases I just stop the vehicle and remove the key, so there is no question of transporting vs. storing, then just unholster my gun and stick it in the vault/box. No need to unload if you are storing it. After few times you can do it so fast that no one will ever notice, particularly with the truck’s Console Vault.

You boobs fall for these shit OPs every time. Who the hell breaks down their guns and scatters them about the car. JFC.

What the f does this even mean? " Am I breaking the law by disassembling it? I tuck a recoil spring here, a barrel there and ammo and frame get stashed separately as well. Does the frame make what I'm doing illegal? "

Back
Top Bottom