• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

KelTec is in a bit of a pickle.

Maxrobot

NES Member
"Kellgren owns KelTec, a weapons manufacturing company based in Florida. He received a huge order for hundreds of 9mm carbine rifles last year and got to work filling it. But by the time the bureaucratic process for sending those weapons overseas was done in February of this year, he could no longer reach his client." A "$200,000 order" Gun store owner sends $200G worth of rifles to Ukraine

That's what she said.
tumblr_ov81jvcnr31qk8574o3_r1_640.jpg

Found a away to take the loss and probably a decent tax credit, and found an opportunity to help a good cause. Nice!
Loss?? Cheap advertising, and far more cost effective than any other kind of advertising! Now every braying liberal that reluctantly buys a gun will want a keltec!

At a wholesale price of a little over $300 each, that's around 600 Sub2Ks, which I could see any large wholesaler ordering. As to the desirability of a Kel-Tec, if I'm being invaded by violent savages I'll be glad to have anything halfway reliable rather than nothing, and the Subbie is actually quite a nice PCB (though it would be much better with an aluminum receiver and roller-delayed blowback action).

Found a away to take the loss and probably a decent tax credit, and found an opportunity to help a good cause. Nice!
I see that assumption often

As a business you spend $10,000 to buy or manufacture something (say bread)
You make a miscalculation on need or lose the buyer
If you toss that 10k lot or donate that 10k lot to a homeless shelter it is the same loss (write off)

I see that assumption often

If you toss that 10k lot or donate that 10k lot to a homeless shelter it is the same loss (write off)

What about labor, equipment, started and more? It’sa loss of $10k in materials. But the costs don’t end there.

What about labor, equipment, started and more? It’sa loss of $10k in materials. But the costs don’t end there.
Yeah.. What I am saying is they could have melted it down or donated it and it would have been the same tax wise
Seems like they just did it because they believed it was the correct thing to do

A few years back I was at the NRA show with a friend. As we walked through the hallway we saw a banner for a giveaway of a Kel Tec pistol.

I asked my friend if he knew what Second Prize was and he said "No."

My answer was "Second prize is TWO Kel Tec pistols."

I'm here all week, try the veal.

$200,000 worth of KelTecs, huh? That's gotta be about a hundred thousand rifles!

A few years back I was at the NRA show with a friend. As we walked through the hallway we saw a banner for a giveaway of a Kel Tec pistol.

If kelTec really wanted to help the Ukrainians they would have given this rifles to the Russian military…

If kelTec really wanted to help the Ukrainians they would have given this rifles to the Russian military…
Oh man! :oops: Brutally cruel! :(

Imagine being forced into war and all you get is a lousy Keltec. While they usually go bang on the range, I would not want to have my life depend on them, especially in a war zone.
You make do with what you have, it’s better than a stick. Then you kill your enemy, if his weapon is superior to yours you take his, he sure as hell won’t need it.

Last edited:
Imagine being forced into war and all you get is a lousy Keltec. While they usually go bang on the range, I would not want to have my life depend on them, especially in a war zone.
If you are a Ukrainian citizen that wants to fight .. a Keltec beats a sharp stick

Last edited:
I am not an accountant, but I am in retail management.

We get told often that a write-off for lost sales is better for us than a write-off for shrink.

$10k in scrapped materials is $10k, but $10k in raw materials might represent much more of a loss when calculated at the retail price for a donation.

Back
Top Bottom