• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Just shot my first Glock this weekend...

Get the crappy MA trigger on the M&P fixed instead. Both of my M&P's are totally different guns after some trigger work.
+1
I think this is a great idea, and it saves you the cost of buying another gun.

Although it is important to note, that I am by no means advocating NOT buying a new gun[smile]

Where did you find a G25 and a G28?

G25 is not available in the US & G28 is a very rare piece that is only used by small Federal branches. (You guys really going to call me on that)?
Also yes there is a model G24 It's a long slide .40 cal. You practically never see them.

G25 is not available in the US & G28 is a very rare piece that is only used by small Federal branches. (You guys really going to call me on that)?
Also yes there is a model G24 It's a long slide .40 cal. You practically never see them.

Yeah but you made a statement saying you shot every Glock. According to your own admission, that just isn't true. [wink]

The 24s are rare, but no rarer than a 17L. The "rarity" is only because of the lack of demand. They're basically range toys.

-Mike

G25 is not available in the US & G28 is a very rare piece that is only used by small Federal branches. (You guys really going to call me on that)? Yes.

Which Federal branches? According to the Glock book, the G25 & G28 are not available in the US.
With the introduction of the G34 & G35 the G17L and G24 were discontinued.

Yeah but you made a statement saying you shot every Glock. According to your own admission, that just isn't true. [wink]

The 24s are rare, but no rarer than a 17L. The "rarity" is only because of the lack of demand. They're basically range toys.

-Mike

True but there's not enough room on the internet for us to pick away at small obvious details. (it's a given)

Another reason you don't see 24's or 17L's is they don't fit in the box for USPSA. So they don't qualify.
I'm glad to see there's a pro Glock moderator in these forums to help maintain a balance.

Which Federal branches? According to the Glock book, the G25 & G28 are not available in the US.

I read it some time ago. I can't remember witch agency. I'm looking at my 2002 Glock book and it says the G28 is only available to law enforcement. It might not be now, but it was then. G25 is not available at all in US.

So wait, the M&P had the factory trigger or a modded trigger?

Factory trigger...sorry... Anytime I shoot anything after that...I need like 3 shots to re-calibate my brain...hehehe Generally going from one gun to the other (1911, m&p 40c, and G17) always takes about 2-3 shts before I get it on target. I'm pretty new to shooting in general...I still have A LOT to learn.

The Sig P220 is a very nice pistol. But, it still has a low capacity when compared to Glocks.

Glock 21 - 13 rounds (Full size)
Glock 30 - 10 rounds ("Compact" [rofl])
Glock 36 - 6 rounds (Slimline)

Please realize that you can buy +1 and +2 mag base plates for the 36 giving you 8 and 9 respectively in a very small package.

Please realize that you can buy +1 and +2 mag base plates for the 36 giving you 8 and 9 respectively in a very small package.

I was about to say not in mass and then I realised what an idiot that would have made me. Thank god I avoided that.[smile]

I've shot 1911s in .40 and .45, M&P compact and full size in .40 and .45 and Glocks in 9mm,.40 and .45 in all frame sizes. The 1911s had the best triggers, the M&P .40s had the worst, the M&P .45s had trigger jobs and shot great and all the Glocks shot fine. The Glock 26 is a good shooter and I like it better than the 27 because it kicks less. I like the .40 for long range shooting but not for defense. Small guns like the 26 are harder to shoot well than guns the size of the 17. Shoot one first to see if you like it. You can always carry a 17 magazine as a reload.

Now you need to shoot a 1911 and you'll throw those pieces of plastic away.

Pffft. Shot a bunch, still stick with plastic. [wink]

or ease of maintenance..

A 1911 is a train wreck compared to a Glock or an M&P.

Bingo.

Mark,
If you have the chance, try a G36 slide on your G30SF frame and you will fall in love. It's a G23 in weight and size but in .45 ACP [smile]

How reliable is this? I've never even heard of it before, but it sure sounds cool.

I'm not moving to plastic for one measly little round. I carry 9 +1 in my 1911sc.

The difference in capacity becomes much more noticable when you carry spare mags.

There is actually... Or at least, I held one in my hands. It's the long slide .40 S+W, the bastard cousin of the 17L.

I've shot one, with a .357 SIG barrel it's a very cool toy. [smile]

LE agencies can import the .380 Glocks, but I can't imagine that there's many who want them, seeing how 9mm is the same size, less cost, and with parts/service easier to find for them. There are a few in private hands in the US.

Back
Top Bottom