Just shot my first Glock this weekend...

I've shot 9mm,.40, and .45 Glocks in all frame sizes,M&P compact and full size in .40 and .45 and 1911s in .40 and .45 and liked them all. The 1911s had the best triggers,the M&P .40s had the worst,the M&P .45s had trigger jobs and shot great and all the Glocks shot fine with factory triggers. The 17 is easier to shoot than the 26 but all small guns are harder to shoot well than large guns. The only way to know is to shoot a 26.

My M&P is stock and I have never had an issue with how the trigger feels. The G27 is the same as the G26 only in .40 S&W and contrary to some cat hating Mods opinion I think .40 is a great cal if you can't fit a 1911 in your pants.[wink]

Last edited:
My M&P is stock and I have never had an issue with how the trigger feels. The G27 is the same as the G26 only in .40 S&W and contrary to some cat hating Mods opinion I think .40 is a great cal if you can fit a 1911 in your pants.[wink]

+1 on the G27 in .40 cal.....not a hater here!

Wow, where are all the Glock bashers? I thought for sure they would be all over this.
Anyway I've shot every model exept for G18 & G24. I've found they are superb. You can easily & legally change the trigger pull if you want. I've gotten great accuracy out of a G26 & wouln't hesitate for a second to recommend one. If there was a nuclear war all that would be left in 50 years would be Glocks & cockroaches & I bet the thing would still fire. [wink]

Wow, where are all the Glock bashers? I thought for sure they would be all over this.
Anyway I've shot every model exept for G18 & G24. I've found they are superb. You can easily & legally change the trigger pull if you want. I've gotten great accuracy out of a G26 & wouln't hesitate for a second to recommend one. If there was a nuclear war all that would be left in 50 years would be Glocks & cockroaches & I bet the thing would still fire. [wink]

With the size of the nuclear cockroaches I sure as sh!t hope my glock still works.

I'm not moving to plastic for one measly little round. I carry 9 +1 in my 1911sc.

How so, which mag are you using? I know they normally are 8+1 right?

I like my S&W 1911 alot, the Glocks are very nice. I seem to group my rounds firing a little faster with a little less effort.

I have a G22 and just bought a S&W M&P40c. I love my glock haven't had any problems and I reload for it. I have better accuracy with the glock but it maybe because it is a full frame pistol. It's a royal pain to CC it though unless I carry it at 6 o'clock. I've only had the m&p for 2 weeks but I am sending it out to Gregg Derr for a trigger job once he gets back into town. I really wanted to get a G27 but for the price that a 10 yr old gun is going for I can buy a brand new m&p 40c get the trigger job and a few hundred rounds for the same price. God I hate Mass.

So between the M&P and the Glock, which trigger do you like better? I would assume it would have to be the lighter Glock trigger, no?

I had the trigger on my M&P 40c done and its fantastic. That said, I like the way my G23 feels in my hand and actually shoot it better than my M&P.

I had the trigger on my M&P 40c done and its fantastic. That said, I like the way my G23 feels in my hand and actually shoot it better than my M&P.

Well, the G23 has almost a .4" longer sight line (6.02 vs. 5.67 on the G26), and it's just a few ounces heavier. I'm wondering how the smaller size of the G26 vs. the 17 that I shot would affect my accuracy. I'd still like to try one out.

Jay,
Rumor has it a 4lb trigger on a M&P is like butter to shoot smooth and easy .. just remember that if you go to sell it you have to put back the 10 - 12lb trigger it came with.

Now you need to shoot a 1911 and you'll throw those pieces of plastic away.

"Opinions vary". [grin]

On the contrary I (essentially, haven't sold it yet) deprecated my Colt Officer's mod for a G30SF. The officer's is a nice gun, but the G30SF carries more on deck (9+1, or 10+1 if I want it) and is more reliable with certain kinds of ammunition. It's more durable (Tenifer vs parkerizing) and easier to maintain. (The gun is easier to clean, and the staged recoil springs on the G30 last way way way longer than they do on an officer's.).

The 1911 is a great platform but I can't ever see myself buying another one that's shorter than a Commander. Even then I still kinda prefer the "Government" type guns with a standard 5"
barrel

-Mike

...remember that if you go to sell it you have to put back the 10 - 12lb trigger it came with

No, you don't.. It might only be an issue if you move the gun through an MA FFL when you sell it. On an FTF it won't matter at all. Let's let this myth die, please. [grin]

-Mike

I just shot my Glock 17 for the first time last night. I was very disappointed with my accuracy with it...but it felt good. Oh well...more practice with it tonight. I actually shot it right after the m&p with no factory trigger...and my first shot didn't even hit cardboard...

... and Damn it!! Now I hate my M&P....[sad]
OK, maybe "hate" is a little too strong of a word, but damn, did I love that thing.
Many thanks to Wiskey672 @ HHRG for letting me put a mag through his new Glock 17.
The sights (in comparison to my M&P 9c) were SUPER tight, and I fired off a very tight group (for me) with the first several rounds, right by the bullseye @ 7 yds. I got lazy and impatient with the next few rounds...
I shot it better than I shoot my own gun [frown]
Now, in my (and my M&P's) defense, the G17 is a full size. Thus, my compact has a shorter sight radius and a lighter weight, hence the increased perceived recoil. It goes without saying that the Glock trigger (this one apparently had a 3.5 lb. trigger) was WORLD's better than my stock M&P MA compliant trigger, and I feel contributed greatly to my accuracy.

So, my question is (and I will do some searches and research on my own as well): If I switched to a Glock, I'd want the G26, as I do prefer the size of the M&P that I have for CCW, and the G26 is even slightly smaller :)
I'm wondering out loud if I might be as accurate (theoretically) with the G26 as I was with the G17. With the smaller sight radius and weight than the 17, do you think I could experience the same accuracy with both?
I'd hate to switch guns just because I shoot the full size version better, only to find out I'm no better with one compact than another.

Lastly, you'll have to forgive my Glock ignorance, but are there MA regulations on trigger weight, and how can I circumvent restrictions if they exist. I believe I've seen posts about how easy and cheap it is to do a DIY trigger job on the glock?

Here we go again!!!!![laugh]

Haha...thats why I sold you the M&P, so I could buy a G17. I have to admit I miss the M&P, as my G30 does get a little annoying when I carry it all day and I wouldn't think of carrying the G17 (Both are a pleasure too shoot though). I'm actually thinking of going for a 9mm compact again....and may go the M&P9c. Funny how that works!!!

Back
Top Bottom