Just got told my child is not allowed in the gun store

I have my girls with me at all times.. if a shop were to refuse my entrance due to them accompanying me then they would lose potential business because I only goto a shop with intentions of buying something not just to window shop. To this point I have never had an issue at any of the shops and most have actually been very welcoming of the girls especially if they show interest.

one of my good childhood memories is going into the old Lew Hortons on Rt 135 in Framingham... it sucks where we as a society have gone in the last few decades...

Lew Horton's on Rt. 135 was like a Jewellery store. I still remember the Broom Handled Mausers with the wooden holsters / stocks.

We had my child on a leash for a while. Occasionally a moonbat mom would critique me at the mall. I'M not an intellectual snob by any means but I would let out my wrath of 12 years of post HS psychological education on them. Often had them in tears. Screw the moonbats.

My son had a Chipmunk at age 5.

Not sure about the OP situation, but that shop would lose me as a customer for life.

The scenario does seem strange. I don't know the owner but I've been in the store before. It is fairly tight quarters but then again usually not busy from what I saw.

I didn't think a place that was more expensive than Bass Pro existed. Looking at guns at Bass Pro is like looking at beer prices at Fenway, you might want one but you know damn well its overpriced.

Maybe go back ask to use the bathroom and drop the kids off at the pool, the Upper pool. [wink]

https://www.thenation.com/article/why-toy-guns-matter/

You really need to read this, you will see how much damage you are doing by letting kids near guns, even toy guns.

I loved the part where when the mom found the four year old stabbing his toy bunny, she took it away from him
and buried it in a mock funeral. Kid's going to probably need some therapy when he starts remembering this stuff.

I don't know if the kid will need therapy, but I think the parent's do.

Reading that was like a visit to an alien universe. [thinking]

I brought my 3 year old son into both state line and blue northern. He gets excited and loves guns (like all boys) but he is also well behaved and listens to me.

Both shops were very friendly to him and one of them let him handle a small .22 rifle.

Any shop that won't welcome my boys would lose my business forever. If they were acting like clowns, I would understand. At least give the kids a chance.

I don't have much kid free time, so my boys go with me 99% of the time when I go somewhere.

I'm also the type of guy that goes shopping for a couple boxes of ammo and leaves with a new gun. That might earn me some leeway at the shops. [emoji6]

Very sad situation. I would be steamed too if I were the OP, but if you think about it, it's a sad situation whatever the reason.

If you think about it, anyone that operates a gun store in MA must have some balls, be on 'our side,' and must be generally a pretty cool guy. Very sad that someone like that had to refuse entry to a child.

I've had my kids in LGS many a time, never an issue....other than some hand prints on the glass, but I guess that goes with the territory.

My son and I were in Tombstone Trading Company about 10 years ago or so. He was walking around, asking questions and looking at things. In general being a kid. One of the guys there (had a beard) spent about 15-20 minutes showing him stuff and explaining things about guns to him.

We both still remember that.

I suspect that there might be a legit reason but like with most gun shops, this wasn't handled or communicated well. Bad form by the gun shop.

Brought my son (and wife and dad) with me to Village Sports today in Westport. No one raised an eyebrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i would show my displeasure with my feet. Youngsters need to be introduced to guns at an early age.

Lew Horton's on Rt. 135 was like a Jewellery store. I still remember the Broom Handled Mausers with the wooden holsters / stocks.
LH was a great show to browse, but for the most part their prices on guns was on the high side. The two purchases I remember was a bunch of pre-ban G21 mags back in 1994, and an unfired (but cylinder rolled) S&W 25-2 w/5.5" barrel for $350, which was well below Blue Book value at the time. Even a "dang close to retail on everything" shop would occasionally have a gem.

The downstairs part of the old shop is now a laundromat. Not sure what is upstairs.

Damn, when my kids come with me to a gun store I end up spending more money...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never had an issue bringing my son (1.5 years) into any shop, other than a similar encounter about 7-8 months ago at this store in Norwood. My son was ~1 at the time, and I was carrying him. As soon as I walked in the store, I was greeted politely by the only person in the shop behind the desk (I am assuming it's the owner), and then he imitates a childs voice and says "Daddy why did you bring me into a gun shop", or something to that effect, insinuating that's what my kid was thinking. I thought the comment was odd at the time, because I figured that if he were to say anything it would've been "Ooh daddy, I want that .22". He didn't have what I went cash in hand for (p938), so I left empty handed, but now I won't go back ever knowing that maybe he really just doesn't like kids, and I always have my son with me.

Never had an issue bringing my son (1.5 years) into any shop, other than a similar encounter about 7-8 months ago at this store in Norwood. My son was ~1 at the time, and I was carrying him. As soon as I walked in the store, I was greeted politely by the only person in the shop behind the desk (I am assuming it's the owner), and then he imitates a childs voice and says "Daddy why did you bring me into a gun shop", or something to that effect, insinuating that's what my kid was thinking. I thought the comment was odd at the time, because I figured that if he were to say anything it would've been "Ooh daddy, I want that .22". He didn't have what I went cash in hand for (p938), so I left empty handed, but now I won't go back ever knowing that maybe he really just doesn't like kids, and I always have my son with me.

That's pretty low of him. It's a good thing there's a forum like this to expose this crap. I plan on taking my nephews to get their first 22's as soon as they're old enough.

Back
Top Bottom