Just got told my child is not allowed in the gun store

Norwood Armory just met me at the door and informed me that my son was not allowed in the store. I have purchased firearms there before with him present. I am glad I waited to post this. He was very nice about it but I want my son to be with me doing man stuff. I am not really thrilled with his decision. Imagine the world in 40 years bringing your child in a gun store will be a hate crime. Dude it is your business and I respect that. I actually paid 50 bucks more for my last gun at your shop to support local business instead of going to Bass Pro which is the same distance from my house. Not a great way to treat repeat business. Once again that is your business. I also purchase my propane there. I am, once again, not thrilled. More bummed than mad.

Was it just because guns? I wouldn't be mad either if so, but I also wouldn't ever be going back. I'd also make sure the owner knew that.

Last edited:
Seems a little odd. They're not my favorite shop but I don't see why this would be a problem unless unattended children have been an issue in the past. Is your kid under your direct control at all times? How old are they?

If you child does have a history of running amok in the store, then I support your decision as much as it is unfortunate for both parties, I have to admit I would do the same.

Dean

Saying he's worried about a gun falling on a kid's head means that he doesn't have a reason except "because guns."

I Bring my son/daughter with me all the time. I've never had a shop owner tell me my kid wasn't welcomed. That'd shop probably wouldn't get anymore of business.

I've been bringing my boy with me to gun stores since he was three. Only time anybody has ever said anything to me was one owner who just told me to watch out because some young kid got himself stuck with a fish hook a few days before.

Norwood Armory just met me at the door and informed me that my son was not allowed in the store. I have purchased firearms there before with him present. I am glad I waited to post this. He was very nice about it but I want my son to be with me doing man stuff. I am not really thrilled with his decision. Imagine the world in 40 years bringing your child in a gun store will be a hate crime. Dude it is your business and I respect that. I actually paid 50 bucks more for my last gun at your shop to support local business instead of going to Bass Pro which is the same distance from my house. Not a great way to treat repeat business. Once again that is your business. I also purchase my propane there. I am, once again, not thrilled. More bummed than mad.

I'd visit the shop again.

It may be a temporary thing.

If not, you'll be prepared to ask for a coherent explanation.

It was odd. My little dude is amazing. Extremely well behaved. Don't know. Just sad it happened. I choose who I do business with. It is not just random. I like the shop and I like the owner. It is nothing personal that I am aware of.

My boy comes with me all the time too, although I haven't stepped foot in a gun shop in way to long... We used to go to Zero Hour weekly when Jim owned it just to hang out. My son would usually play with the dog lucky. I would not go back if k were you...

I take my son with me everytime I go to a gun shop.
Yeah, I know I will pay for anything he touches that he isn't supposed to.

Your a better man than I am!
If anyone ever told me what they told you.
I would have told him to politely take a flying fu_k on a rolling donut!

I'm glad you posted the shop.
One less assh_le gunshop owner to patronize!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom