Just got told my child is not allowed in the gun store

Is the kid allowed in the store now?
That's one of the two things that OP wouldn't know.

Clip is only 2m10s long... [rofl]
Let's try this again...

...I embedded JavaScript in the hyperlink.
The code checks the client IP address;
if it's you, it links to a different video -
we like to call it "the enbloc clip".

I saw a boob flash at 4:49.
When @Broccoli Iglesias breaks yet another smartphone screen
trying to scroll to that timecode, you're paying for the repair.

Yea, I know a few gun stores that won't let me kids in.
two-white-goat-kids-mini-goats-px-feature-jpg.554277
The damned blue lights are a distraction.

I've seen propane deliveries in my area, but they're carrying an armed guard on the back of the truck and I'm pretty sure there's a "plainclothes" chase vehicle for additional support.
Meh, weak.

Let's try this again...

...I embedded JavaScript in the hyperlink.
The code checks the client IP address;
if it's you, it links to a different video -
we like to call it "the enbloc clip".

huh?

Oh, ok. I see you fixed the time stamp suggestion. Yep. That's a spark...

Sb6YQp.gif

Last edited:
Well, when I was a kid, I used to sit at the bar, on the spinny stool, with my father, every weekend. I thought the bartender was my uncle. He wasn't. He was the bartender. Cronin's. Harvard Square. 1970s.

On the other hand, I got thrown out of Roach's just for standing in front of the gun counter.
When I was about 17, My dad went upstairs from Roach's, to his insurance agent. I wandered over to the used rifles. Geezer behind the counter sees me pick up Krag. "Hey, kid! Bet you can't take the bolt out of that rifle!"

When he spoke, I was standing with my left shoulder to him, I did a 360 to my right, and as I came around to face him, I had the bolt in my right hand, and the rifle in my left. Then, from behind me I hear, "Jesus Christ, Charlie! You think I didn't teach the kid anything?"

"Oh, Sorry, I didn't realize he was your kid!" [laugh]

I love that story, on many levels. I told it to my kids. Also taught them how to remove the bolt on a Krag, and drop the hammer on a 1911 with only one hand.

Never had a store say anything negative about either of my kids being in the store.

Had a proud moment a few months ago: my son and I were looking at different rifles, my son (10) was picking them up, checking they were empty, and safely shouldering them while making comments to me "Too big" "Maybe when I'm older" "This fits nice" etc It was obvious we were looking for a gun for him (well, he was, I was looking for me, too). Another guy with two older kids, maybe 13 or so came in and were looking at guns and the counter guy said "Kids, don't touch the rifles, please" He then turned to my son (not me) and said "You're fine"

I didn't see what the big kids were doing, but I'm thinking he had a reason. I've only bought ammo there a few times, so it isn't he likes me.

Back
Top Bottom