Just got told my child is not allowed in the gun store

Same thing happened to me at Norwood Armory with my kids in tow. I was in there well before the OP and was told it is a MA law that nobody under 18 can handle a rifle or pistol. We were the only customers in the shop too. It was the last time I stepped foot in the door to do business with him. My kids are now of age to purchase their own firearms if they choose and I know where they will never be going to.
I drive by the shop when I'm in town and to visit relatives nearby, and yes, he's still open.

OP is a Grandfather by now... [rofl]

1639946597849-png.554010
Meanwhile, back at the house...

This is the worst thread resurrection ever.
Meanwhile, @drgrant is freeze-framing the clip for the tactical sparks...

Norwood Armory just met me at the door and informed me that my son was not allowed in the store. I have purchased firearms there before with him present. I am glad I waited to post this. He was very nice about it but I want my son to be with me doing man stuff. I am not really thrilled with his decision. Imagine the world in 40 years bringing your child in a gun store will be a hate crime. Dude it is your business and I respect that. I actually paid 50 bucks more for my last gun at your shop to support local business instead of going to Bass Pro which is the same distance from my house. Not a great way to treat repeat business. Once again that is your business. I also purchase my propane there. I am, once again, not thrilled. More bummed than mad.
I can tell you 30 plus yesrs ago
f***ing kids where not allowed or heavily frowned on in adult places.
Gun clubs, gun stores, bars, liquor stores.
My guess is something happened .

Norwood Armory just met me at the door and informed me that my son was not allowed in the store. I have purchased firearms there before with him present. I am glad I waited to post this. He was very nice about it but I want my son to be with me doing man stuff. I am not really thrilled with his decision. Imagine the world in 40 years bringing your child in a gun store will be a hate crime. Dude it is your business and I respect that. I actually paid 50 bucks more for my last gun at your shop to support local business instead of going to Bass Pro which is the same distance from my house. Not a great way to treat repeat business. Once again that is your business. I also purchase my propane there. I am, once again, not thrilled. More bummed than mad.
Bring him to 4 seasons, plenty of squirt guns and free market capitalism there!!!!😂😂😂

I can tell you 30 plus yesrs ago
f***ing kids where not allowed or heavily frowned on in adult places.
Gun clubs, gun stores, bars, liquor stores.
My guess is something happened .
Well, when I was a kid, I used to sit at the bar, on the spinny stool, with my father, every weekend. I thought the bartender was my uncle. He wasn't. He was the bartender. Cronin's. Harvard Square. 1970s.

On the other hand, I got thrown out of Roach's just for standing in front of the gun counter.

K&K hardware in Bettendorf, IA would take rifles off the wall and let me hold them in the late 60s if my Dad brought me in, but if I rode my bike there - nope.

When I was a kid we would go to KTP and I would go up to the used gun section and look at and handle all the long guns by myself. The world didn’t end and the sales guys didn’t care.
A few years ago I brought my youngest there and there were signs everywhere that no one under 18 could handle a gun. Sadly times change.

Back
Top Bottom