Johnson wants to build an AR pistol in communist taxachusettes

Don, The problem is that we have laws as they are written, but it is what a LEO, Prosecutor, or Judge THINKS these laws mean that matters. In the case of these semi-auto handguns, it is not that far of a stretch to think that one of these individuals (most likely the prosecutor) could claim that because an automatic version exists, the original models now meet the definitions of "Semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm"

Just like no one can tell for sure what happens if you permanently cripple a standard capacity magazine to meet the 10 round limit, is that legal? Unfortunately, there is a lot of gray area in how these rules, regulations, and laws are interpreted, and with the political climate of Massachusetts being very trigger happy (pun intended) to revoke a sacred right on some very asinine interpretations that conflict with plain language readings of the law, caution is mandated.

There is no right and wrong answer. Its a matter of balancing the risk and benefit of your actions within the law. In a perfect world, there would be no risk if you followed the law. I acknowledge that that is not the case here.

There are things we can do to mitigate those risks. In my car and gun bag are copies of MGLs that highlights the fact that the requirement for a locked container applies ONLY to high capacity rifles and shotguns. I've also got a copy of my machine gun license since I will occasionally forget to bring it with me.

In CT where you don't need the CLEO's permission to possess firearms I am certainly more aggressive. I've refused to provide ID while shooting machine guns on private land and told the police to leave because they were illegally tresspassing. After a very typical threat to "bring you to jail" they left.

I would never do that in MA. Because I recognize that all the involved officers need to do is complain to my chief and if my LTC is pulled, I can no longer even possess in MA. I get that.

But the fear mongering has to stop!!

I'll give you $100 if you can find me any record of someone with a Beretta 92 or Glock 17 being arrested, even if charges were subsequently dropped, because it was a semi-auto version of an automatic firearm.

To suggest that anyone should think twice before buying a 92 or 17 because an auto version exists is PATENTLY ABSURD!!

I don't do gun locks. Gun locks are for college kids who can't afford a safe. I don't put locks on my gun cases and I don't do hard cases unless I'm flying. I'm within the law and I will continue to do so.

If you want to be one of the people that I regularly see at the range putting a bicycle lock through the action of their non-high capacity firearm, then putting it in a hard case with 2 locks on it, before they go to their car, be my guest.

If you want zero risk, stick to revolvers.

Don

that's putting it extremely lightly.

anyone worried about something like that is likely scared of their own shadow...

This sort of stuff is common in the gun community for a good reason. People know, vaguely, that the Feds can jack stuff up for you, which results in a sort of "overcompliance".

One semi-example of this IMO is 922r. It was written for importers, but everybody seems to worry about it. Most parts aren't marked in a way that clearly determines national origin anyway.

This sort of stuff is common in the gun community for a good reason. People know, vaguely, that the Feds can jack stuff up for you, which results in a sort of "overcompliance".

One semi-example of this IMO is 922r. It was written for importers, but everybody seems to worry about it. Most parts aren't marked in a way that clearly determines national origin anyway.

922 R is another one of my $100 offers.

In case you missed.

$100 to anyone who can find a single case of an otherwise law abiding non-licensee arrested and prosecuted for a 922R offense.

In case you missed.

$100 to anyone who can find a single case of an otherwise law abiding non-licensee arrested and prosecuted for a 922R offense.

Yeah, I saw your offer. I looked for one. Even with licensees it doesn't seem to come up much.

In case you missed.

I want to know if they count non gun parts that are turned into gun parts.
A compression fitting works awesome for pistol caliber trunnions .

Who cares?

Not even the ATF cares unless you are an 07 (mfg) or 08 (importer) FFL.

It was a joke . You know what I think lol .

But I'd love to see the ATF answer.

Kinda like how of you take a demilled barrel and make it useable . It's now a American made part.

Yet if I open up the bolt face and weld up a ak bolt group for a blow back pistol caliber it's still a imported part .

It was a joke . You know what I think lol .

But I'd love to see the ATF answer.

Kinda like how of you take a demilled barrel and make it useable . It's now a American made part.

Yet if I open up the bolt face and weld up a ak bolt group for a blow back pistol caliber it's still a imported part .
If you are building on an American receiver 922r doesn't apply anyway right?

Someone sent the ATF a letter describing the shoelace and asked for an opinion. The ATF gave an opinion. What did the guy thnk was going to happen.

There is a difference between actively asking the ATF for an interpretation and not liking the answer and the ATF actively investigating and prosecuting an individual.

Back
Top Bottom