It's time....and I need your help. *****UPDATE IN POST 1*****

Having different groups communicating and working together is certainly advantageous, but I'm not convinced being directed by a single leadership is a good idea. That would just make things that much worse if someone/thing were to get co-opted, "bought", or dissolved for any other reason. If you have a single strong leadership then I think that diminishes the ability claim a "grassroots movement".

Well, I think that if we are all speaking roughly with one voice, in a loose federation, we have to ability to be more effective. I understand what you are saying, but your enemies are going to come after you anyway, and the more powerful/effective you become, the more they will come after you.

From my perspective, HK's goal is to get everyone out from behind their keyboards(where we are all just violently agreeing with each other) and actually trying to do some real work advocating our positions. I mean, and I am not looking for a pat on the head, but this thread and others have finally gotten me to put aside the tinfoil hat and start sending money and letters where they need to go. If this can get lots of other people to do the same, it may not change Ed Markey's vote, but it's going to let a lot of people and businesses know that we are here, and give good funding to groups who work for us whether we pay them or not.

Here is my suggestion to bring this to the next level. Start writing letters to non-firearms companies who are anti- or espouse anti policies, and tell them that you are no longer doing business with them, and that you are telling all your friends not to do business with them.

The second step, for me, looks like this:

Dear xxxxx,

I am writing to you with sincere apologies. As you know, I have long been a supporter of (Greater Boston Food Bank/Care/Red Cross/Etc). In addition to my passion for helping those who are hungry, homeless, victims of disaster, or simply in need of help, I am an active sportsman, competitive shooter, and liberty-minded American. I am writing you now to let you know that while I still support your organization, I must focus my charitable donation funds to such organizations as Comm2A, SAF, and other groups who are trying to protect our freedoms from what I see as an opportunistic Government.

I, like any reasonable person, was deeply affected by the tragedy at Sandy Hook, but cannot stand by and watch the Government take freedoms away from law-abiding citizens. I don't presume to know your political views, but I hope you'll stand with me in the belief that our freedoms must be protected, and want you to know that your supporters value liberty as much as they value charity.

I hope that you understand, and I hope that in the not too distant future, I will be able to support your fine organization again.

Thank you,

Rider

Or something like that. That is a rough draft. The goal, obviously, is to let as many people as possible understand the impact that this has, and the consequences of standing on the sidelines. I don't know what the presumably ultra-liberal charities I support will think of a letter like this, but knowing I'm sending money to the NRA instead of them can't be something they want to hear.

Well, I think that if we are all speaking roughly with one voice, in a loose federation, we have to ability to be more effective. I understand what you are saying, but your enemies are going to come after you anyway, and the more powerful/effective you become, the more they will come after you.

From my perspective, HK's goal is to get everyone out from behind their keyboards(where we are all just violently agreeing with each other) and actually trying to do some real work advocating our positions. I mean, and I am not looking for a pat on the head, but this thread and others have finally gotten me to put aside the tinfoil hat and start sending money and letters where they need to go. If this can get lots of other people to do the same, it may not change Ed Markey's vote, but it's going to let a lot of people and businesses know that we are here, and give good funding to groups who work for us whether we pay them or not.

Here is my suggestion to bring this to the next level. Start writing letters to non-firearms companies who are anti- or espouse anti policies, and tell them that you are no longer doing business with them, and that you are telling all your friends not to do business with them.

The second step, for me, looks like this:

Dear xxxxx,

I am writing to you with sincere apologies. As you know, I have long been a supporter of (Greater Boston Food Bank/Care/Red Cross/Etc). In addition to my passion for helping those who are hungry, homeless, victims of disaster, or simply in need of help, I am an active sportsman, competitive shooter, and liberty-minded American. I am writing you now to let you know that while I still support your organization, I must focus my charitable donation funds to such organizations as Comm2A, SAF, and other groups who are trying to protect our freedoms from what I see as an opportunistic Government.

I, like any reasonable person, was deeply affected by the tragedy at Sandy Hook, but cannot stand by and watch the Government take freedoms away from law-abiding citizens. I don't presume to know your political views, but I hope you'll stand with me in the belief that our freedoms must be protected, and want you to know that your supporters value liberty as much as they value charity.

I hope that you understand, and I hope that in the not too distant future, I will be able to support your fine organization again.

Thank you,

Rider

Or something like that. That is a rough draft. The goal, obviously, is to let as many people as possible understand the impact that this has, and the consequences of standing on the sidelines. I don't know what the presumably ultra-liberal charities I support will think of a letter like this, but knowing I'm sending money to the NRA instead of them can't be something they want to hear.

That is an excellent letter!

Ok, I know this may be the wrong thread, but I wanted to put this on any thread trying to preserve our second amendment rights. I just used Pop Vox to show my opposition to every ani second amendment bill on the market. Yes the evil Frankensteins bill is up there as well. This sight directly links to congress and may have some influence on how they vote. It is easy. You don't have to write a letter, it takes very little work. If you have been on here talking about how you are ready for "go time", may I suggest this first. You do have to tell them who you are, but at least you aren't dodging their bullets. Not yet anyway.
So here is the link. We need to win this fight!

http://www.popvox.com/blog/2013/issu...irearms-113th/

Ok, I know this may be the wrong thread, but I wanted to put this on any thread trying to preserve our second amendment rights. I just used Pop Vox to show my opposition to every ani second amendment bill on the market. Yes the evil Frankensteins bill is up there as well. This sight directly links to congress and may have some influence on how they vote. It is easy. You don't have to write a letter, it takes very little work. If you have been on here talking about how you are ready for "go time", may I suggest this first. You do have to tell them who you are, but at least you aren't dodging their bullets. Not yet anyway.

Good site.......

I personally LOVE the guy that posted his address in the "FOR Feinstein's Bill" stating:

"Imm sending out my strong powerful message to fully, fully ban all guns. no person needs a gun in their own home. no one.
im for fully supporting gun control to its highest level. public safety i a major goal, keep all guns out of the resch of public.
the only person haven guns are troops / state and local police
officals only. but the public should not, at all have a gun in their own home. guns are very, very, dangerous. and familys and children get killed by them. so Im deeply asking all of you to do the rightful thing. ban all, all guns to its public. no person at all needs a gun. no one. please fully understand were my strong powerful voice is going. help me. stop and fully ban all guns to all. hunters as well. they are even worce then you could ever dream of. stop guns please, stop it and save lives.
im taken this, very, very, very, very, highly seriously. guns are very, very, dangerous. get them all off the streets. I mean business."

Talk about putting a target on your house!! WOW!!

I just found this thread. I haven't been very active here lately as I've been working my ass off. For that I apologize to my fellow NES'ers.

I'll do whatever I can to help out with this. I don't have much experience in the way of social networking (besides going on FB once in a while) but I'm good with people in person. I'll keep my eye out here and see if any ideas come up that I can be a direct part of. I'm in the Cape Cod/ Plymouth area.

It may have been said already, but I think a letter writing campaign is in order. Emails will get deleted letters at least get processed. I'll assist in any way I can.

It may have been said already, but I think a letter writing campaign is in order. Emails will get deleted letters at least get processed. I'll assist in any way I can.

Letters will do nothing.

regretfully, I agree with derek here.

Those days are gone.

Getting loud, really ****ing loud, and huge numbers out in the street, are the only way. Everything short of a revolting basically.

I still believe in the power of the pen. I hope to have a few of my letters published in local New Hampshire papers, including the Union Leader.

The battle will be won. We have a MAJOR advantage too. Namely the truth.

I still believe in the power of the pen. I hope to have a few of my letters published in local New Hampshire papers, including the Union Leader.

The battle will be won. We have a MAJOR advantage too. Namely the truth.

The MA .gov is a LOT different than the NH .gov

I hope this isn't a dupe but I couldn't get through all 38 pages. There is a group organizing a peaceful march on every state capital building on Feb. 8th at 10am. Link to the Facebook page here.

If you Google "2a protest state capitals Feb 8" you will find alot of forums/websites/chatter about it. Is this something we should look into promoting?? Is this what we should get behind?

I am going to start a thread about this march in general discussion also.

if we're talking marches, I think utter defiance needs to be the tone - menino will refuse any permit to our movement, for obvious reasons -- we do need to do this one way or another, permits be damned.

after all, occupy didn't get permits, we shouldn't even bother. critical mass never gets permits to **** up traffic, why should we.

While the movement should be about education and rights, it has to have the underpinning message that we will not be silenced and that we refuse to capitulate.

So I'm hearing about a Jan 31st rally at the NH StateHouse. Anyone hear this?

A planning meeting was called this past Friday (1/11/13) at a gun club to discuss options and potential actions. No one showed up.

Apathy abounds!

Coyote tried to message you your box is full, I've got a bunch of materials that will need to get distributed to shops first, If you know of any shops you frequent or would like to be in charge of getting set up message me or email me. Biznass, I'll call you later with some info on getting you a package to distribute down near you. Messaged a few other members about doing the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom