It's time....and I need your help. *****UPDATE IN POST 1*****

I had an idea, a huge banner - identical for all capitol buildings this group in involved with. This would create solidarity. Perhaps once the banner is set up, everyone stands behind it, with or without signs, and we say nothing. No yelling to or talking, just silence. If we had serious numbers it could work, and if we are silent, the only message would be the banner and our numbers. The media could not take anyone's words out of context or use one guy's thoughts to further the MSM agenda. It would also be different then what occupy and unions have done recently, so equating us to them would prove difficult.

Just a thought.

I just had another idea when posting in another thread... What if we really go over the top with parades and such until the public gets used to the idea that we are here, and aren't going away, instead of hiding like a dirty little secret as we have become conditioned to do? It worked for the gays and lesbians didn't it? 20 years ago that was something shameful that no one talked about, and kept secret if they had a kid, brother, sister, etc. that was gay. Now it is so common that you see gay references and characters on almost every primetime sitcom! This may be a viable path for us to follow. Thoughts?

Gandhi was a peaceful, non-violent political rallyer. And he was billyclubbed, jailed, and thrown from a train. Just because we want it to be peaceful dosen't mean it will be.

http://www.naturalnews.com/038372_gandhi_nonviolence_right_to_bear_arms.html
Ghandi said:
Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest
Ghandi said:
...Hence also do I advocate training in arms for those who believe in the method of violence. I would rather have India resort to arms in order to defend her honor than that she should in a cowardly manner become or remain a helpless witness to her own dishonor

Ghandi said:
...He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honour by non-violently facing death may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden. He has no business to be the head of a family. He must either hide himself, or must rest content to live for ever in helplessness and be prepared to crawl like a worm at the bidding of a bully ...

[When violence] is offered in self-defence or for the defence of the defenceless, it is an act of bravery far better than cowardly submission.

You're livin in another world buddy, especially considering most beat cops will side with us. Rethink your paranoia.

I'll march and protest with you, but sorry, I don't believe you. Not from what I've seen from my own life and experiences with police.

And I don't think they'd send the normal beat cops against a protest. More like riot police.

But hey, I'm paranoid and read about too many people who did this for their life, like Michael Collins, Gandhi, Lech Walesa, the Founding Fathers, the Bolsheviks, and the French in 1789.

How about not just going at them with social media.....I already stated in another thread we should pool funds and take out full page monthly or even weekly ads in local small time and even larger market newspapers shouting the message of liberty, gunrights. etc

count me in. email me with details on what I could do to help

Stuart Rhodes of Oathkeepers did something interesting. He rented billboards right outside military bases to remind soldiers to honor their oath. They were placed so that they were seen on the main drag to the checkpoint.

If you're planning something for Boston at the State House, perhaps it should be coordinated by GOAL. They work there all the time, have the contacts and maybe know about any permit that may be needed.

I'm in for a weekday at the State House, especially if GOAL coordinates it so our allies in the state legistature are invited to attend.
Me too.
Been there, done that. We had over 4000 on the Boston Common in the early 90`s on a bright sunny midweek day and we pretty much were ignored. We would need Millions of dollars for PR and advertising(like Rosenthal) and even then most outlets would probably refuse to take our money for ads and billboards. Do you think we could rent a billboard in Boston along the Pike even if we had the money? NOT! Mumbles would threaten the owners and they would fold like a cheap suit. The sheeple in this state think it`s a badge of honor to have the "strictest" gun control laws in the land. Showing up on a Saturday in the middle of winter at the State House would probably do more harm then good. I`m not trying to rain on the parade but reality sucks.

Right around the inauguration and right before Feinstein introduces her proposed legislation. This is happening way faster than NES is gearing up for.

However, the article mentions that these groups are calling for people to stand out in front of gun shops and shows and ranges. NES wants to put people out in front of capital buildings. At the very least it sends a message to the legislators of those states, even if the media doesn't report on it.

Right around the inauguration and right before Feinstein introduces her proposed legislation. This is happening way faster than NES is gearing up for.

This is what is eating me. There are allllllllllllll these groups allllllllllllllll around the country. Non of them are communicating to one another. There is no single leadership directing any one of them.

That's what I'm hoping to accomplish. It's a huge task, but I'm up for it. The outpouring of support in the last 48 hours from here has been amazing, overwhelming, and just down right awesome.

We have to stay focused however and patient. I have some ideas in the works, and will be moving forward accordingly.

This is what is eating me. There are allllllllllllll these groups allllllllllllllll around the country. Non of them are communicating to one another. There is no single leadership directing any one of them.

That's what I'm hoping to accomplish. It's a huge task, but I'm up for it. The outpouring of support in the last 48 hours from here has been amazing, overwhelming, and just down right awesome.

We have to stay focused however and patient. I have some ideas in the works, and will be moving forward accordingly.

I could not agree more, HK. Every pro-gun, anti-regulation, pro constitution forum on the Internet is ablaze, but each one is an island unto itself. If don't get together soon, we will all be saying, "remember when...?".

I could not agree more, HK. Every pro-gun, anti-regulation, pro constitution forum on the Internet is ablaze, but each one is an island unto itself. If don't get together soon, we will all be saying, "remember when...?".

I vow to try until I have nothing left to give.

I just want everyone to know I'm working on stuff, be patient, your notice for helping and requests to get involved are not un-noticed. Careful what you ask for, I'm gonna come calling soon [wink]

That's why I was saying that this needs to be a nationwide, woodstock-esque convergence on DC. We may only get one opportunity to speak out with one angry, unified voice. A mob of a million is tougher to ignore than 100 gatherings of 10k spread across the country.

Last edited:

From the colonists:
join-or-die-flag.jpg

NES "sort of" version:
NES_Shield_sm%20copy.jpg

Having different groups communicating and working together is certainly advantageous, but I'm not convinced being directed by a single leadership is a good idea. That would just make things that much worse if someone/thing were to get co-opted, "bought", or dissolved for any other reason. If you have a single strong leadership then I think that diminishes the ability claim a "grassroots movement".

Having different groups communicating and working together is certainly advantageous, but I'm not convinced being directed by a single leadership is a good idea. That would just make things that much worse if someone/thing were to get co-opted, "bought", or dissolved for any other reason. If you have a single strong leadership then I think that diminishes the ability claim a "grassroots movement".

True, but something needs to be done in order to unite and get everyone on the same page. Its the only way. We have the numbers, we just have to get everyone on the same page. It's a pretty simple idea, guns, they're ours, back the **** off.

Here is an idea that spilled over from another thread combined with someone idea about "2AM" on this thread. "This thread got me thinking (which is a problem in itself). I've had similar incidents recently. Someone on another thread suggested "2AM" for "2nd Amendment March." It could just as easily stand for "2nd Amendment." Small pins or stickers that just have "2AM" on them to show support discreetly (at least at first) until the antis figure it out."

Here is an idea that spilled over from another thread combined with someone idea about "2AM" on this thread. "This thread got me thinking (which is a problem in itself). I've had similar incidents recently. Someone on another thread suggested "2AM" for "2nd Amendment March." It could just as easily stand for "2nd Amendment." Small pins or stickers that just have "2AM" on them to show support discreetly (at least at first) until the antis figure it out."

Interesting....

Im on for whatever we need to do march, protest, create 100 twitter accounts etc. I'll use my vacation days to go wherever we need we only have one shot at this and after that's it over.

Back
Top Bottom