It's time....and I need your help. *****UPDATE IN POST 1*****

Where to even begin,

Folks, whether we like to admit it or not, we are under serious attack in the coming days, weeks and months. The undeniable fact, is that something, some form of legislation, is going to be passed that will undoubtedly restrict, if not completely remove and undermine, our second amendment rights, is on the horizon - it's coming

The fact of the matter is, it's time.

It's time we get off our asses, stop typing away about what we think we're going to do should some sort of uprising come to fruition, stop fluffing it off as an unlikely happening, and stop worrying about being outed as a gun nut. Face it, the perception of us, be it legitimate or a fallacy, already exists. The 'enemy' in this fight already believes we are baby killing anti christ's who deserve ridicule, if not complete execution.

This is where we have to stand up and look ourselves in the mirror and ask, "what am I truly willing to do, what action will I actually take, and am I willing to stand up for my rights" Think about it for a minute. I'm not talking about typing in bold font online, actually standing up and telling them to punt. There are politicians, that this very minute, are trying to impose their will of an unarmed populous and change the face of an entire nation, one built on refusal to bow, refusal to break, and refusal to give into tyranny. Cities and towns looking to change laws on the lowest level of government so that you will live less free than you already do.

I ask you, are you truly ready to stand up? Are you truly ready to scream with every last breath in your lungs and demand to be heard? I am, and I need your help.

For the past several days I've been brainstormin what I believe is the basis for a good start. In the last few years, there has been a trend in our society as well as those abroad, that being the use of social media. Occupy. Arab Spring. Chic Filet Protests. They all used social media to spread their word, and they gathered. Let's be honest, gun owners think if they post enough on message boards and their facebook pages, that somehow a million people will show up. BZZZZZ WRONG!

We need to be louder.

So this is what I'm thinking. We put together a comprehensive list of every single online retailer, distributor, lobby group and manufacturer, we petition for their support. We demand that they stand with us and support us morally and financially, if able, in protesting. While organizations like GOAL, and The NRA are inside fighting the politicians we need to be outside screaming that we will not go quietly, and we will not back down. They need to see that we are a force to be reckoned with. We can no longer just throw money at organizations and proclaim "I did my part". Its time to put your boots on the pavement and actually do something about this. Many here proclaim they are willing, put your money where your mouth is. Let's get up and go get em. I don't wanna hear, "well err I gotta work that day" or "meh I'd love to but the patriots are on and I gotta bring the kids to t-ball"

**** that. If you can't be bothered to sacrifice a day or a few hours out of your precious little life, you absolutely, most certainly, are not going to throw it all away should things completely unravel. Using a sick day or vacation day will not unravel your entire world. Trust me and if it does, well, you got bigger issues. Enough with the excuses, stand up look in the mirror and ask "Am I ready?" because, It's time.

So what's the end game?

I'd like to get it started here the strongest in New England, a rebirth of where liberty started. I want to contact other groups in other states who have already begun trying to do this same thing, but are falling short where so many others have, and unify and use social media to our advantage like so many other groups have. Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, need to be used to our advantage. Ultimately we need to march on either the statehouses or DC if needed, and show that we will no be broken. This has to be done, or ultimately we will lose.

I'm asking you, if not begging for your help. I want to get a group of people who are good with social media and information gathering to start. I think setting up Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube accounts and compiling a list of every pro-gun everything to solicit is the first start. From there we post the message and idea, everywhere possible. Gun forums, comment sections on news articles, you name it, we post it. Get in the face of every person sitting behind their computer. The NRA has 90,000 followers on twitter, G.O.A.L? 834. It is clear that gun owners do not push social media enough and use it to their advantage. We need to change that. If that means going to gun shows and setting up a booth, and helping the not so tech savvy set up accounts, than so be it. We need to act. Not tomorrow, not a week from now......Today.

Thats it. I'm sure some of you will respond with some snarky, pessimistic, idealistic responses. Thats fine, you're entitled, but I refuse to sit idly by and watch my freedoms become a distant memory. When I lay my head on my pillow, if I know I tried, if I gave it my every effort, then I will go to my grave with a clear conscious and I'm ok with that, but I have to do something, WE, have to do something.

It's time.

******I'm getting a ton of support and PM's if your interested in helping please send me your email address. I'm in the process of composing an email in regards to setting up a meeting.******

Last edited:
I agree. This is actually "go time".

I've got a broken printer here at home so I need to find the nearest Staples or OfficeMax to print and send my letters to my "public servants". I've also WAY over spent on guns and ammo this month. Plus I joined GOA.

But I'm wiling and able to do more.

I've got a broken printer here at home so I need to find the nearest Staples or OfficeMax to print and send my letters to my "public servants". I've also WAY over spent on guns and ammo this month. Plus I joined GOA.

While I commend your efforts, the days for letters are over. We need to get loud, in the physical sense.

In another thread someone mentioned organizing a march on Beacon Hill, and I think that's a great place to start. A movement like this needs visability and, more imporantly, numbers. a few hundred people on the Common shouting about 2nd amendment rights can be written off as crazy. A crowd of 15,000 or more....that's a lot harder to dismiss. We also must be prepared to educate the people in the middle of the debate. The oposition is a small, vocal minority. There are more of us, but we're silent, and there many more still who will sympathyze with this cause if only they are aprised of the facts.

Last edited:

+1 on GOA, I joined them and donated to Comm2A

In another thread someone mentioned organizing a march on Beacon Hill, and I think that's a great place to start. A movement like this needs visability and, more imporantly, numbers. a few hundred people on the Common shounting about 2nd amendment rights can be written off as crazy. A crowd of 15,000 or more....that's a lot harder to dismiss.

That's why we should all be converging on DC. Boston isn't worth the trouble.

In another thread someone mentioned organizing a march on Beacon Hill, and I think that's a great place to start. A movement like this needs visability and, more imporantly, numbers. a few hundred people on the Common shounting about 2nd amendment rights can be written off as crazy. A crowd of 15,000 or more....that's a lot harder to dismiss.

I agree wholeheartedly, problem is, the leg work done ahead of time is being done all wrong. The message needs to be clear and visible for everyone to see. I'd like to see online retailers nationwide change their homepages to "the message" and a link to a page with detailed information. Think about how many gun owners don't use forums, facebook, and twitter. They need to be lead to pasture a bit.

Imagine if a site like Gunbroker had for its opening page, a brief message and a link to a page with the information needed to form a protest? Think of all the people that would reach. We need to petition sites like them, the NRA, and others to help us, or they too will fall.

Last edited:
That's why we should all be converging on DC. Boston isn't worth the trouble.

Understood, but it has to start somewhere, and a demonstration like this must be substantial in numbers if it's going to be taken seriously. If this gets enough press, and if social media is used correctly, maybe it motivates other protests in other cities, ultimately leading to D.C.

Understood, but it has to start somewhere, and a demonstration like this must be substantial in numbers if it's going to be taken seriously. If this gets enough press, and if social media is used correctly, maybe it motivates other protests in other cities, ultimately leading to D.C.

Problem is the social media aspect needs to be a bit more broad reaching. NRA has 90k twitter followers out of how many millions of gun owners. I don't expect every gun owner to go out and start a twitter account though, thats why we need help from manufacturers and online retailers, and groups like GOAL and the NRA to support this movement and provide in the sharing of this idea.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/183943-Thoughts-on-a-2nd-amendment-day

From replies in that thread, something like this was attempted, and they couldn't even give away seats to DC fo' free.

OTOH, I know a few Globe photographers (I know I know, Z'OMG THE GLOBE!) that I could mention this to, and hopefully push the correct story to them, if this flourished maturely. Make sure you get the right permits etc. if you plan on gathering outside the state house. I'd be game for photo coverage and being a body in a crowd (locally).

Also don't dismiss a Boston based movement first. I imagine it'll gather national coverage if done correctly. Also, Mumbles is like what? The biggest, second biggest, mayor who is pushing gun control agendas?

I'm not buying it as a possible solution. The outrage needs to be massive, unified and national. It needs to dominate the front page nationwide, not a scattered collection of 10k person protests spread out over several news cycles. The left will have introduced legislation by month's end. They plan on taking instant action, we have no choice but to do the same.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/183943-Thoughts-on-a-2nd-amendment-day

From replies in that thread, something like this was attempted, and they couldn't even give away seats to DC fo' free.

OTOH, I know a few Globe photographers (I know I know, Z'OMG THE GLOBE!) that I could mention this to, and hopefully push the correct story to them, if this flourished maturely. Make sure you get the right permits etc. if you plan on gathering outside the state house. I'd be game for photo coverage and being a body in a crowd (locally).

Again though, the problem is getting the message out to enough people. When you look at the number of unique users seeing stuff and where it is posted, it's not getting out to enough people. I think before even organizing an event we need to get more eyes seeing the message.

Again though, the problem is getting the message out to enough people. When you look at the number of unique users seeing stuff and where it is posted, it's not getting out to enough people. I think before even organizing an event we need to get more eyes seeing the message.

A grassroots movement is the only option. Commercial money is nice, and maybe necessary, but if half the people talking tough online grabbed a friend and drove or flew to DC mad as hell and pushed an anti protest out of the picture it would be a messaging coup.

It's like RAH RAH lets go! and people somehow magically think because it was posted on FB or NES, that some magical force of 10 million people will show up. It needs to be put in front of more face, with a bit of lead time.

So first off it should start out pretty corporate (as bad as it may sound). A business plan, so to speak, needs to be made and sent to possible sponsors. A powerpoint outlining our objectives, goals and how this isn't going to poorly reflect on a sponsor. You need to pitch and sell the idea to as many sponsors as possible, and put a reasonable deadline on whether or not they're on board. (This also means you need to tell them why this is good for them, show them demographics and who of the people who would join this movement, already use their products and will continue to be loyal customers)

From there, you start a website to centralize as much of the information as possible. The information from there needs to bleed over to sponsor's twitter accounts, facebook, stores, social media, youtube etc. On this central website, you organize some rally. Put a huge fkin' count down to the event on the site. Have people pledge, sign up etc. Whether it's 'an across the nation' event, or a centralized event in a certain city. The key thing, like it's been mentioned before, is getting sponsors on board to help spread the message. It needs to be national, if not worldwide. Beretta, Browning, Glock, Sig, Realtree, Cabela's, BPS, Remington, you name it, they need to be on board. If you get it that big, then it's got a chance.

A grassroots movement is the only option. Commercial money is nice, and maybe necessary, but if half the people talking tough online grabbed a friend and drove or flew to DC mad as hell and pushed an anti protest out of the picture it would be a messaging coup.

I agree, but i'm saying, to start, just to start, we need to petition the shit out of on line retailers to put up a homepage message with the underlying message and a link for more detailed info. Think of how many gun owners visit site for parts and ammo, compared to going on forums and Facebook.

Jam up the state house with cars and trucks so tightly that nothing can be towed and get on the hoods with bull horns...
Think like a "Union Thug"

So first off it should start out pretty corporate (as bad as it may sound). A business plan, so to speak, needs to be made and sent to possible sponsors. A powerpoint outlining our objectives, goals and how this isn't going to poorly reflect on a sponsor. You need to pitch and sell the idea to as many sponsors as possible, and put a reasonable deadline on whether or not they're on board.

From there, you start a website to centralize as much of the information as possible. The information from there needs to bleed over to sponsor's twitter accounts, facebook, stores, social media, youtube etc. On this central website, you organize some rally. Put a huge fkin' count down to the event on the site. Have people pledge, sign up etc. Whether it's 'an across the nation' event, or a centralized event in a certain city. The key thing, like it's been mentioned before, is getting sponsors on board to help spread the message. It needs to be national, if not worldwide. Beretta, Browning, Glock, Sig, Realtree, Cabela's, BPS, Remington, you name it, they need to be on board. If you get it that big, then it's got a chance.

Bingo. This is exactly what I mean. To the t. Even smaller online distributors, TargetsportsUSA, ammotogo, dsgarms, hell even four seasons. Again think of how many gun owners don't touch FB, Twitter, or NES, but go to every online retailer and manufacturer website.

I was thinking about the social media aspect too...as much as I despise Twitter and the like, we might need to use it to let them ('our representatives') know we're here and want to be heard. I signed up for a Twitter account and am learning to use it.

I'd be willing to take a day or two off work to meet and brainstorm about ideas. Perhaps the movement might have more credibility if 'endorsed' by GOAL or the like but we can't wait for them to light the fire.

What can I do to help?

PM me with your email address for starters.

The first step will be to compile a list of every pro gun anything we can find. I don't care if they sell bb guns. We petition them and ask them to put this message on their sites. They do? Great, they don't fine, we move on to the next one. This goes for pro 2a forums. find everyone we can, create accounts with similar handles, and petition those groups to get on board.

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking about the social media aspect too...as much as I despise Twitter and the like, we might need to use it to let them ('our representatives') know we're here and want to be heard. I signed up for a Twitter account and am learning to use it.

I'd be willing to take a day or two off work to meet and brainstorm about ideas. Perhaps the movement might have more credibility if 'endorsed' by GOAL or the like but we can't wait for them to light the fire.

I plan on contacting them first. We need some muscle behind us. This thread is more or less for a bit of brainstorming and rallying of some "troops"

We should maybe get a working list of all the members who are in on this idea. That way each one of us can be PMed with updates. Maybe a mod can even sticky this thread so everyone can see it, that would be helpful.

I'm willing to do whatever it takes as this really is "go time" for us as a 2A community. If we don't stand up right now, the Second Amendment will only be something people read about in their history books.

We should maybe get a working list of all the members who are in on this idea. That way each one of us can be PMed with updates. Maybe a mod can even sticky this thread so everyone can see it, that would be helpful.

I'm willing to do whatever it takes as this really is "go time" for us as a 2A community. If we don't stand up right now, the Second Amendment will only be something people read about in their history books.

Pm me your info. Email primarily, once I have a list of people over the next coming days, I will email everyone with ideas, and jobs they can partake in, the biggest will be compiling a massive list of websites to petition support from.

I am not a ciizen of the US. But I'd march with you, because I know that this is how freedom is made. I've seen the power of public protest in Eastern Germany. I was there. It can be powerfull when it's done right and peacefully. I'm in for whatever.

I am not a ciizen of the US. But I'd march with you, because I know that this is how freedom is made. I've seen the power of public protest in Eastern Germany. I was there. It can be powerfull when it's done right and peacefully. I'm in for whatever.

I'm guessing your either asian orrrrr perhaps indian based on your handle [laugh] I kid, I kid.

Thank you, and if you feel you can donate some time to help research and compile a list of companies and organizations to petition, by all means, PM me your email.

Back
Top Bottom