It's time....and I need your help. *****UPDATE IN POST 1*****

hdazkqEXrj.gif

OK, Here's my first attempt at a brief message--critique, edit, flame, whatever, I can take it.

We are gun owners. We are Americans. We are mothers, fathers, sons, and daughters. We are your neighbors, employees, customers, coworkers, and friends. We are not the "gun nuts" or "baby killers" the gun confiscators label us to demonize our cause. We own firearms and use them responsibly for legal purposes. We believe in the Second Amendment’s affirmation of our natural rights. We recognize that the Founding Fathers did not create the Second Amendment to protect hunting or sporting rights, but to maintain a check against a tyrannical government. Unlike many of our elected representatives, we will support and defend the Constitution of the United States. We understand how firearms operate; we know the differences between different caliber cartridges, the differences between automatic and semiautomatic guns, the differences between pistols and revolvers, and the differences between clips and magazines. We recognize that evil exists in this world and must at times be met with force. We know that guns are inanimate objects and that of and by themselves are merely tools. We know that outlawing these tools is not a solution to violence. We have seen time and again that attempts to cure a symptom fail to cure the disease. We believe that more gun laws will affect only those who are law abiding; criminals by definition do not obey laws. We decry the hypocrisy of the elite who would confiscate the guns we use to protect ourselves but who in their lives are protected by armed security forces. We wonder why it is so logical to protect the president’s children with guns but so unthinkable to protect our own children with guns. We are opposed to new restrictions on every American’s Constitutional rights. We are 80 million strong and we will not go away. We are gun owners.

I like it. However, I might end it with something along the lines of: We are gun owners. We are the "militia". We are "THE PEOPLE"

Also just got all caught up on this thread. PM incoming HK.

Will 1,000,000 pro 2nd peeps showing up at state capitols do anything to make the politicians notice? Probably not. Will 1000+ rifle carrying people a each capitol make people take notice?

I like this idea. Just don't do it on Easter, and don't try to seize a Post Office.

[shocked]

Holy crap. The outpouring of people looking to get involved is awesome. Doing my best guys to reply and get an email out to those still sending in emails addresses, and those who didn't receive the first email.

Why, would we scare the Easter bunny away? I can see the post office, their broke anyways.

1916, Dublin, Ireland. The Irish Republican Brotherhood seized the Dublin Post Office and tried to get everyone in Ireland to kick out the British. It failed.

NEaSter Rising

I like that. If we have to pick a name, I vote for this!

Well, here are my latest edits based upon feedback and about 9 beers. First, I think our organization needs a name and acronym--how about Firearms
Action Group (FAG)--no that might not work. Maybe Firearms Defense Regiment (FDR)--well, at least that would piss off the libs. Maybe Stop New Unnecessary Gun Laws Immediately (SNUGLI). I guess I'm no good at this--you all give it a try.

It seems that 80 million gun owners is the number most frequently quoted. If someone can give me a better (research-based) number, please do so. Somehow, this doesn't seem to get any better as I drink more. Oh well.

We are gun owners. We are Americans. We are the people whose rights shall not be infringed. We are mothers, fathers, sons, and daughters. We are your neighbors, employees, customers, coworkers, and friends. We are not the "gun nuts" or "baby killers" the gun confiscators label us to demonize us. We own firearms and use them responsibly for legal purposes. We believe in the Second Amendment’s affirmation of our natural rights. We recognize that the Founding Fathers did not create the Second Amendment to protect hunting or sporting rights, but to maintain a check against a tyrannical government.
Unlike many of our elected representatives, we will support and defend the Constitution of the United States. We understand how firearms operate; we know the differences between automatic and semiautomatic weapons and the difference between functional and cosmetic aspects of rifles. We will support our position with facts, not with untruths and ignorance.
We recognize that evil exists in this world and must at times be met with force. We know that guns are inanimate objects and that of and by themselves are merely tools. We know that outlawing these tools is not a solution to violence. We have seen time and again that attempts to cure a symptom fail to cure the disease. We believe that more gun laws will affect only those who are law abiding; criminals by definition do not obey laws. We decry the hypocrisy of the elite who would confiscate the guns we use to protect ourselves but who in their lives are protected by armed security forces. We wonder why it is so logical to protect the president’s children with guns but so unthinkable to protect our own children with guns. We are opposed to new restrictions on every American’s Constitutional rights. We are 80 million strong and we will not go away. We are gun owners.

I'd be in for a 1,000 man armed march on concord before you could get me interested in standing around yelling. Just as the Tea parties meant nothing, more protests will mean nothing.

We need a show of force.

I'd be in for a 1,000 man armed march on concord before you could get me interested in standing around yelling. Just as the Tea parties meant nothing, more protests will mean nothing.

We need a show of force.

I was actually just thinking about something along those lines. What exactly are we trying to accomplish with a march, or protest? Whatever the pols have been planning to put through for legislation is certainly not going to be affected by a bunch of fat white guys walking around with pro 2A signs. What am I missing here? Serious question...

I was actually just thinking about something along those lines. What exactly are we trying to accomplish with a march, or protest? Whatever the pols have been planning to put through for legislation is certainly not going to be affected by a bunch of fat white guys walking around with pro 2A signs. What am I missing here? Serious question...

I concur, standard protests are laughed at. Even as big as occupy was... it was still a joke. I'd rather be a fat white guy with a saiga on my back than a fat white guy with a sign in my hand. (seriously, the weight of the rifle might balance my stomach and help my back out a bit)

I concur, standard protests are laughed at. Even as big as occupy was... it was still a joke. I'd rather be a fat white guy with a saiga on my back than a fat white guy with a sign in my hand. (seriously, the weight of the rifle might balance my stomach and help my back out a bit)

The Occupy movement was EXACTLY what got me thinking about this tonight! It become a huge joke to everyone, and made great material for months for the late night shows. Yes, they DID get exposure and publicity, but to what ends? Did they gain anything over Wall st. in the end?

Look, I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer here, because I like the idea in principle, but I'm just not seeing that it will benefit much even if we can muster numbers as big as the Occupy gig.

It would be even better to see people dressed as they are in life. Doctors lawyers cops medics miltary current and former. If you have uniforms wear them and wear them proud. Just to show everyone we come from every walk of life. Looking good is one thing and anyone can do it but showing you are not just some crazy in a button up shirt is another. Have to show you are just normal people. Side note any butchers just come in a button up.

Sent from my Galaxy S 3 in an antis office just to feel rebellious

The Occupy movement was EXACTLY what got me thinking about this tonight! It become a huge joke to everyone, and made great material for months for the late night shows. Yes, they DID get exposure and publicity, but to what ends? Did they gain anything over Wall st. in the end?

Look, I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer here, because I like the idea in principle, but I'm just not seeing that it will benefit much even if we can muster numbers as big as the Occupy gig.

What you have to remember are the consequences. If we dont do anything, the result is terrible. The final solution at that point will be far from enjoyable or peaceful

Back
Top Bottom