Is this a Straw purchase?

You just made my point perfectly .
Thank you internet warrior.
BTW you are talking to an FFL and firearms instructor for probably longer than you've been alive.

Keep talking though .

Cool story, another FFL too afraid of nebulous possible downsides to do things that are 100% within the law. Have fun cowering behind "I'm an FFL and firearms instructor" while suggesting that people ignore the law for their feelings.

It can be a tough one, and I have been on the other side of things, especially since this state is so crazy. I was in process of my LTC when a Walther PPQ had popped up in state at a decent price. That was one of the best guns for me that I had fired and I was itching to get it. At that point, I had passed by background check, met with the police, been printed, all the paperwork filed, I was just waiting on the actual LTC and Pin from the state. I think you had done legitimate with your offer, and that was what I was hoping initially from the seller, let me put a deposit to hold, and actual purchase would be made after LTC had been finished being processed and exchange would be done at FFL.

Anquish buyers can set off alarms, which can be rightfully so, but it also depends on the conditions, especially when it comes to something that is rare and hard to find in the state and you are waiting on paperwork to complete. I don't think it can be a straw purchase if private, and if it is a gift from relative, that is fine. If it is a purchase through means of relative, that can be sketchy, but that also would be completely resolved if relative then sold the same gone and transferred after the other person got their FFL.

The moral of the story is two-fold here - Get legal and stay legal as soon as you can, so if you have the opportunity to legally acquire something, you can, instead of waiting and hoping on paperwork. Second, if you live in a state where you can't buy what you want because of tyrannical rules and AG, move out as soon as possible to some other state you can.

Cool story, another FFL too afraid of nebulous possible downsides to do things that are 100% within the law. Have fun cowering behind "I'm an FFL and firearms instructor" while suggesting that people ignore the law for their feelings.

I think you should become like a Marvel comic character .
How about Captain 2A ?
With a cool costume and everything.
You get to decide on who's worthy to own guns based on what you think they should do.

Or how about i'll deal with who i want when i want because it's my shit to do with as I see fit with and anyone who doesn't like it can go piss up a rope?

How about Captain 2A ?
You get to decide on who's worthy to own guns based on what you think they should do.

I wanna be a Marvel character! I love it. Captain 2A - real name Gray Mann. Everyday walk around clothes a loose fitting Hawaiian shirt, faded blue jeans and hiking boots, all made by the tailor who makes John Wick's suits, and special sunscreen made in Wakanda that makes skin bullet proof.
Packing dual 1911's by Derr Precision, with special ammo made by Stark Industries that can pierce Iron Man's suit and curve around obstacles.

My day job would be owning a small rustic gun club, with a secret underground bunker, where I host Appleseed events and teach gun safety classes.

How about Captain 2A ?

Or how about i'll deal with who i want when i want because it's my shit to do with as I see fit with and anyone who doesn't like it can go piss up a rope?

Wow, I get to be a superhero? I guess that would make you the villain? Ignorant Fuddman! He has a pile of totally legal AR lowers in stock but they all have "LEO Only" tags and he bemoans the fact that he can't sell to us peasants, but alas lord Maura said it was illegal and he would not want to risk doing something she did not approve of.

Last edited:
I wanna be a Marvel character! I love it. Captain 2A - real name Gray Mann. Everyday walk around clothes a loose fitting Hawaiian shirt, faded blue jeans and hiking boots, all made by the tailor who makes John Wick's suits, and special sunscreen made in Wakanda that makes skin bullet proof.
Packing dual 1911's by Derr Precision, with special ammo made by Stark Industries that can pierce Iron Man's suit and curve around obstacles.

My day job would be owning a small rustic gun club, with a secret underground bunker, where I host Appleseed events and teach gun safety classes.

Gotta have a cool hat to complete the outfit though.
How about an Odd Job hat that you can throw ?

Wow, I get to be a superhero? I guess that would make you the villain? Ignorant Fuddman! He has a pile of totally legal AR lowers in stock but they all have "LEO Only" tags and he bemoans the fact that he can't sell to us peasants, but alas lord Maura said it was illegal and he would not want to risk doing something she did not approve of.

Not a stocking dealer , so wrong again.
Never seen Fuddman's table at the shoots have you ? [wink]
1592436354394.png

Back
Top Bottom