• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ipswich MA Alert - Discharge/Hunting Ban - Please Attend Town Meeting May 10th

Mike S

NES Member
GOAL Alert:

***Ipswich***
The town of Ipswich will vote at town meeting, May 10th on a discharge - hunting ban. Please attend town meeting and vote no on Article 27. (note, it's mismarked as "25")

Ipswich Residents: An attack on your second amendment rights is underway. Article 27 would ban the legal discharge of firearms on private property. The state already limits the discharge of firearms unless you are further away than 500 ft from a dwelling and 150 feet from a paved road. This article would also ban hunting on private land.

Stand up for your rights, show up at the town meeting on May 10 and vote against this NO on Article 27.

Please click here to read Article 27, (page 38).

VIA GOAL Facebook: New video from last night's FINCOM meeting in Ispwich, they voted 6-3 in support.

***Ipswich Alert Update*** Watch the video starting at 41:30, once again a town level attack on our 2A rights which must be stopped at town meeting. The Ipswich FINCOM voted 6-3 in favor. Also, note the usual fear mongering and denial of rights attack from the article petitioner. http://view.earthchannel.com/PlayerController.aspx?&PGD=ipswichma&eID=728

Comment:
Keep in mind, this is all based on one person, the petitioner, an MD, who took exception to the sound of legal firearms discharge on private property, because she "feels" that something could happen she seeks to ban it.

Ipswich residents are doing a great job forming up and working to protect their freedom. This attack was initiated by an MD who heard legal discharge, once, and has since been working to make it illegal, "because gun".

Here's the Ipswich website, please spread the word about this to any locals that you may know. http://ipswichnoon20.com/

Bump - Head up from GOAL:

Ipswich residents heads up! GOAL has learned that the Ipswich board of selectmen will be reviewing the town meeting warrant articles, including Article 20, on Monday night, May 2nd, starting at 8:00 PM. If you are an Ipswich resident please attend and speak out against this needless anti-freedom article. Plan on getting there by 7:15 PM at the latest!

Great news on this. Ipswich had an open for comment meeting last night regarding all articles on the 2016 warrant. Article 20 was voted against by the select board, unanimously.

It will still need to be stopped at town meeting, but it will not have the support of town leadership.

Great work to all who spoke against it last night.

Bumpity bump, Ipswich votes tomorrow night at town meeting, please be sure to get in touch with any Ipswich residents you may know and urge them to get out and vote no on Article 20.

so what does this mean? The committee now takes the vote away from the people and makes the decision themselves?

so what does this mean? The committee now takes the vote away from the people and makes the decision themselves?

I think this is a situation where "it's a success because people are talking about it now", a la Lexington. But effectively, the original attack failed, because the output of the committee is "a conversation" or recommendations that would then be voted on.

I think this is a situation where "it's a success because people are talking about it now", a la Lexington. But effectively, the original attack failed, because the output of the committee is "a conversation" or recommendations that would then be voted on.

Ok. So just another tactic as she smelled a loss is my guess. They will probably look to get this back on the table in July is my guess when there will be less pro-gun people there to attend the meeting....

Read the Salemnews article. Explains it pretty well.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok. So just another tactic as she smelled a loss is my guess. They will probably look to get this back on the table in July is my guess when there will be less pro-gun people there to attend the meeting....

Why you say July? And, where will all the pro-gun people be, that they would not be there?

Read the Salemnews article. Explains it pretty well.

- - - Updated - - -

Why you say July? And, where will all the pro-gun people be, that they would not be there?

Typically these town push crap though in the summer as most people are on vacation so they get a much lower resident/voter turnout...

That explains why she stalled it herself....

When is the "regular" Town Meeting? Most towns hold theirs in the Spring and anything after that is considered a "Special Town Meeting" If there is an unplanned "Special Town Meeting" called there is the expense of holding that meeting, and believe it or not, it is not nickles and dimes.

Thank you for that explanation.

It sounds like the Town is wisely considering the best way to diffuse the issue. The leaders there, I do believe, realize this is an emotion driven "chicken little" scenario, and should not be subject to mob hysterics. Not only the cost of enacting rash ordinances that trample over existing State law, but the risk of being exposed to lawsuits is always a concern by the smarter small town boards.

Typically these town push crap though in the summer as most people are on vacation so they get a much lower resident/voter turnout...

That explains why she stalled it herself....

So, are you saying there will be a summer town meeting? If most people are on vacation then does'nt that mean most of the antis are away too.

You are mistaken in your theories. Thanks.

She seems very concerned about what other people have in thier back yards.
I'm sure she would like to have a say in everything else that goes on on other peoples property as well.
Maybe she can chair a commitee that approves grills, pools, lawn furniture, ect.
Hopefully the color of your house or the kind of flowers you plant don't offend her.
Or she could just move back to whatever liberal shithole she came from and leave the folks who grew up here hunting , fishing and shooting the f*ck alone.

Back
Top Bottom