• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Investigators say triple shooting in Hyde Park led them to a Littleton gun dealer, who was arrested today for illegally selling guns to one of the vic

Wow, Littleton will be the next Lawrence!! About to get a lot darker down there.

A lot less gun dealers, and a lot more crimes. Kill the criminals.

I’d like to think innocent until proven guilty but that affidavit is pretty damning.
As you know, innocent until proven guilty is a court of law government thing. Individuals can consider someone guilty at their own discretion. I consider plenty of people guilty, Bryan Walshe with an e, for example. I am not a lawyer or an expert in leases, but a commercial/retail landlord has remedies available to them (unlike in residential where it seems the tenant has all the rights). I am sure in this case it would be completely up to the landlord to terminate a lease, or otherwise boot the tenant. Given the firearms nature of the business, and allegations of criminal offenses, I would be stunned if a landlord allowed such a tenant to continue entertaining business. Insurance might even force a landlord's hands, don't know.

As you know, innocent until proven guilty is a court of law government thing. Individuals can consider someone guilty at their own discretion. I consider plenty of people guilty, Bryan Walshe with an e, for example. I am not a lawyer or an expert in leases, but a commercial/retail landlord has remedies available to them (unlike in residential where it seems the tenant has all the rights). I am sure in this case it would be completely up to the landlord to terminate a lease, or otherwise boot the tenant. Given the firearms nature of the business, and allegations of criminal offenses, I would be stunned if a landlord allowed such a tenant to continue entertaining business. Insurance might even force a landlord's hands, don't know.
I never said he wouldn’t be out on his ear. Bringing heat to the other tenants throughout the building and the conducting illegal activity on the premises is just cause enough for me.
I don’t know how he gets out of this jamb. He done f***ed up bad.

Just seems too convenient. Why didn't the dealer just sell the guns legally at a lower price to pay his distributers? Problem solved.

Somehow selling guns cheap illegally was going to save his FFL?

He had to sell them to a loser and have the other loser complete the straw? The second loser couldn't just bring the cash and lie?

He could have listed them online at those prices and they would have sold without the possibility of a jail sentence. Again problem solved. Makes no sense unless there is more to the story.

I wonder if all these people meeting and the stars aligning wasn't intentional? They sound like nitwits but it's harder to convince intelligent people to do stupid things.

I know most people like saving money and would buy guns legally on sale or discounted? So if any gun dealer is hurting for cash and would like to sell guns at or below cost to save your FFL and avoid jail I suggest having a sale.

Just seems too convenient. Why didn't the dealer just sell the guns legally at a lower price to pay his distributers? Problem solved.

Somehow selling guns cheap illegally was going to save his FFL?

He had to sell them to a loser and have the other loser complete the straw? The second loser couldn't just bring the cash and lie?

He could have listed them online at those prices and they would have sold without the possibility of a jail sentence. Again problem solved. Makes no sense unless there is more to the story.

I wonder if all these people meeting and the stars aligning wasn't intentional? They sound like nitwits but it's harder to convince intelligent people to do stupid things.

I know most people like saving money and would buy guns legally on sale or discounted? So if any gun dealer is hurting for cash and would like to sell guns at or below cost to save your FFL and avoid jail I suggest having a sale.
The dealer could have listed them here on NES for those prices and sold one thousand of them! What a clown!

I’m pretty sure drugs were involved in those transactions also because I believe the $350 he sold those Glocks for is below the MTP, certainly it’s below the MSRP and we should assume an arms length transaction at market prices. The difference was probably made up in drugs.

That would explain why the shooting victim was shot, he is your typical dope slinging hood rat. Probably not a good boy who dindo nuffin wrong. Rarely are inner city shooting victims random by standers. Most are involved in some criminality.

The feds love to rack up people who trade drugs for guns there have been a lot of those cases brought in the last couple years.

/

View attachment 711421

What the Globe should have said: “Sure, we’ve seen the government’s statistics showing licensed gun dealers are not a major source of firearms used in violent crimes, but this one case undermines those statistics, even if the guns were not actually used in any violent crime.”

These 3 guns were found in a search of the home of the guy shot or his friend right? So none of these guns were used in any criminal act as far as we know, so the globe is lying (again).

What the Globe should have said: “Sure, we’ve seen the government’s statistics showing licensed gun dealers are not a major source of firearms used in violent crimes, but this one case undermines those statistics, even if the guns were not actually used in any violent crime.”

Furthermore, a single incident where firearms were illegally transferred by an FFL is statistically insignificant. A single occurrence of a phenomenon does not undermine a conclusion when the number of samples is large. It would be akin to refuting humans as a species are poor swimmers by citing Michael Phelps's dominance as a swimmer as undermining the statistical significance of the observation. The author has allowed cognitive bias to override sound logic and statistics. This should have been caught by the editor in a functional news organization, but I digress.

Furthermore, a single incident where firearms were illegally transferred by an FFL is statistically insignificant. A single occurrence of a phenomenon does not undermine a conclusion when the number of samples is large. It would be akin to refuting humans as a species are poor swimmers by citing Michael Phelps's dominance as a swimmer as undermining the statistical significance of the observation. The author has allowed cognitive bias to override sound logic and statistics. This should have been caught by the editor in a functional news organization, but I digress.

It was probably *added* by the Globe’s editors. When fabricating news, go big or go home.

Just heard the story on the top of the hour news on WMVY. They're really getting the story out there.

If the dealer had STFU, there would have been a lot of prosecutorial work to prove he knowlingly engaged in a straw transaction, and would quote possibly have been able to cut a "surender your FFL and do something else".

Another consideration for those with FFLs in the mill - once they lose the MA Dealer's License, they lose the MA exemption granted to dealers for AWs and post ban > 10 round magazines (that exemption hinges in the state dealer license, not the FFL). I wonder how that will play out - civil disobedience, warrants issued against dealers who transfer such prohibited items to their personal ownership when losing the state FFL, etc. Not all dealers will be set up to move to an alternate location, and MA has the ban on MA dealers licenses hosted a residence.

Without clothes I think you’d be extremely disappointed. She puts on lots of makeup and isn’t young
Of course, that's all part of the cougar's hunting/mating behavior.
There is always the possibility that her face might look like a catchers mitt without makeup, and she probably rocking the wizards sleeve but it from the looks like she's been keeping up with her seniors jazzercise classes. Toight like a tiger!
[laugh]
[laugh]
[laugh]

Of course, that's all part of the cougar's hunting/mating behavior.
There is always the possibility that her face might look like a catchers mitt without makeup, and she probably rocking the wizards sleeve but it from the looks like she's been keeping up with her seniors jazzercise classes. Toight like a tiger!
[laugh]
[laugh]
[laugh]

You’re a more kind grader than me, or more glass is half full type. You want a decent cougar, look at Lisa Hughes on 4 or Maria stephanos on 5

Has this been posted yet? Seems to have details.

Subsequent interviews, cellphone forensics, financial records and firearm records allegedly revealed that Grant obtained three Glock firearms and ammunition for Rodriguez, who does not have a license to legally possess or carry firearms and is precluded from having firearms in Massachusetts based on his age. It is alleged that the Glock firearms were purchased from Daigle – a Federal Firearms Licensee and the proprietor of Steelworks Defense Solutions in Littleton. Grant and Rodriguez allegedly communicated via Snapchat approximately two hours prior to the search of Rodriguez’s residence, during which the two conspired to coordinate a story to provide law enforcement as to why firearms would be found at Rodriguez’s residence.

According to court documents, during a search of Daigle’s residence, a machine gun barrel and receiver; machine gun bolt with no serial number; two short-barrel rifles, one with a machine gun conversion device; machine gun conversion device with no serial number; and a semi-automatic rifle were seized.

What's the deal with
a machine gun barrel and receiver; machine gun bolt with no serial number
?

Back
Top Bottom