• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

IMPORTANT NOTICE for all gunowners House Bill H2259

I just drafted a letter for the committee. Should I send a copy to GOAL as well?

Bump, yes, please send it to us at the office,

PO Box 567
Northboro, MA. 01532

Thank you!

I am willing to help the cause in any way that I can. The past couple of days I've been trying to get in touch with Jim and Angela, but have received no response. It's probably best to coordinate any larger attempts through GOAL.

Klegrow, Is there a message I can pass along? Please PM me and I will see what I can do. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks to good to be true...
Don't let that become a self-fulfilling prophecy... This state got to be the cesspool that it is because the political few figured out that the many had been bred to accept whatever handouts Beacon Hill throws at them...

That will be true until it isn't...

Write, call, show up, yell, scream, tell a friend, donate, etc...

I gotta say...my State rep is a responsive guy...this is the 3rd time he has got back to me within 24 hours.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your e-mail. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and opinions with me pertaining to House Bill 2259.

Please, know that I have recorded you in support of this legislation and will forward your sentiments to the appropriate committee members responsible for deliberation over this matter.

Please, feel free to contact me pertaining to this or any other matter at (617) 722-2230.

Sincerely,

Bruce Ayers

State Representative

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Mr. Ayers,

I ask you to support Bill Number h2259. Responsible gun owners deserve their 2nd amendment rights and the 1998 gun act infringes too much on those rights. Gun crime has increased while the ability for law abiding folks to defend themselves has decreased. We both know criminals rarely ever acquire guns through a legal process.

Why have responsible owners been forced to bear the burden of these laws over the course of 11 years while criminals have become more heavily armed?

Feel free to contact me at my home in Quincy at XXXXXXXXX or drop me a line.

H. 2259 Heaing TODAY 1/27/10 Who's attending? Sign up here!

Wednesday January 27th 2010 11:00 am. Room A1 at the State House
This will be the initial public hearing in regards to GOAL's Civil Rights and Public Safety Bill H. 2259.

Please check this thread often as the date approaches, hearings at the State House are prone to being re-scheduled.

If you can attend we would love to have each and every one of you there in support.

It's time to reform our unconstitutional gun laws, and this is where we start.

Who's in?

Here is our website about H. 2259

This is a very good page on the site that addresses the topics individually.

PDF of H. 2259 here

GAME PLAN
Call your legislators (find them here) starting the Friday before and especially hit the phones hard on Monday the 25th and Tuesday the 26th. Also contact the committee members (listed below) and let them know that you are in support. All phone numbers listed below are 617 area code.
George N. Peterson, Jr. 9th Worcester 722-2100
Richard T. Moore 722-1420
Bradley H. Jones, Jr. 20th Middlesex 722-2100
Elizabeth Poirier 14th Bristol 722-2100
Paul K. Frost 7th Worcester 722-2489
Anne M. Gobi 5th Worcester 722-2080
Richard J. Ross 9th Norfolk 722-2305
Donald F. Humason, Jr. 4th Hampden 722-2803
Jeffrey Davis Perry 5th Barnstable 722-2396
Angelo J. Puppolo, Jr. 12th Hampden 722-2011
Stephen Kulik 1st Franklin 722-2380
Stephen R. Canessa 12th Bristol 722-2460
Peter v. Kocot 1st Hampshire 722-2040
Christine E. Canavan 10th Plymouth 722-2575
Robert L. Rice, Jr. 2nd Worcester 722-2014
David B. Sullivan 722-2230

Show up, attend, speak. Please remember, if you are attending and would like to speak, you need to arrive before the hearing starts and sign up!

Also, a showing of GOAL Gear would be fantastic, we have GOAL "buttons" that are about 2" in diameter and pin on available at the office for $1.00. These would be great to wear on a suit jacket or dress shirt.

Remember, this will be the first of many hearings in regards to this bill, as a group we need to be there every step of the way in support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you provide more information on what will be happening etc?
Is there anything we can do other than just exist in the room?

Can you provide more information on what will be happening etc?
Is there anything we can do other than just exist in the room?
Existing is good, talking is better....

You sign up to speak on each bill and when the bill is called, the people who signed up go up and speak. You can say whatever you like, including (as evidenced last time), that teenagers are building ray guns off of info they got from youtube videos and will soon kill us all with nothing more than a laser pointer, disassembled DVD player and duct tape... [laugh]

Speak for this bill, and/or against another - tell your story and why you think things need to change. How have your rights been violated? What ludicrous examples of abuse of discretion have you experienced or are you aware of?

I'll be there... Hope to see a nice crowd... (oh and no CCW int he state house of course... )

Last edited:
BTW, food for thought in what people might talk about...

From last time, it was evident that people to whom these comments will be addressed:

1. Do not see anything wrong with arbitrary restrictions in general. Some got so far as to understand that 2A as a "right" as it pertains to "ownership", but it stopped there. They need to hear more about how B-ramming, and CCW restrictions imposed based on the whim of a CLEO is just as bad as not issuing at all...

2. Don't know very much about how MA gun laws actually work. I was a little frightening to see how little they knew about the in's and out's of the laws and just how onerous they are... Certainly as compared to life in a free state, its clear we've been in the monkey cage too long and no longer notice the smell.

Remember that many of us are starting from 10's to 100's of hours (or more) of self education on the topic - they are starting from near 0 as far as I can tell...

See O.P. with "Game Plan" update. In regards to identifying those in support, we have GOAL "Buttons" that pin on and are about 2 inches in diameter available at the office for $1.00.

Anyone know how long this thing might last so I can relay to the bossman how long I will be out of the office.
Depends on the number of things on the list and the number of speakers, but no less than 2 hours and since I haven't seen the list of what's on the docket, it could be all afternoon...

The last one was sadly short due to poor attendance on both sides of the table, but still nearly 2 hours.

*^!@# [angry2] I have to go on a sales call so I'll be stuck somewhere between Minnesota and Michigan. I'm going to try and talk my wife into getting a babysitter so she can go and support it for me.

As someone who lives in Enfield CT and is frequently in Mass I hope they can remove the requirement for license to carry pepper spray!! Or maybe a non-resident LTC thats good as long at the resident one :)

Back
Top Bottom