IMPORTANT NOTICE for all gunowners House Bill H2259

I will try to attend this one, just hope they have parking for my truck, she won't fit in may parking garages, and I refuse to ride the Boston Tin Coffin Service ( subway). I did that for the Dave Mathews concert at Fenway, I saw stuff I never ever want to see again..................

I will try to attend this one, just hope they have parking for my truck, she won't fit in may parking garages, and I refuse to ride the Boston Tin Coffin Service ( subway). I did that for the Dave Mathews concert at Fenway, I saw stuff I never ever want to see again..................
DMB Concerts can be pretty brutal... Did you clear up the case of the Hippies everyone gets there? [rofl2]

Parking is generally underground/garage - what's your truck's height?

I may be a round-about way to get to Boston from you - perhaps there is someone you can join for the ride in?

I work in Boston but every time there is a GOAL hearing I am out of town. This time I will be in Marlboro doing Disaster Recovery testing. I wish you guys lots of luck. I will be keeping my finger crosses,

I take it the names in the first post are the people on some committee, but you don't mention which committee. Is it house rules, ways and means, public safety, GCAB, or some other board/committee? Just curious who is hosting this, and the intended outcome of this hearing. Is this hearing to be shared with other topics, like the last one, which was shared with transgender and some other weird group? What about the one just before the holidays, which was almost declared cancelled, then was held, but with no real outcome other than to distract some RKBA people for a few hours and then get forgotten?

I take it the names in the first post are the people on some committee, but you don't mention which committee. Is it house rules, ways and means, public safety, GCAB, or some other board/committee? Just curious who is hosting this, and the intended outcome of this hearing. Is this hearing to be shared with other topics, like the last one, which was shared with transgender and some other weird group? What about the one just before the holidays, which was almost declared cancelled, then was held, but with no real outcome other than to distract some RKBA people for a few hours and then get forgotten?
1. No outcome is known at this point AFAIK, no vote has occurred on the topics/bills discussed at either meeting (unless I missed something?)

2. The more recent one had no other issues discussed.

3. Your tone is indicative of how we have reached our present level of absurdity. They have beaten you down with this slow, obnoxious, confusing process to the point that you are looking for excuses not to come.

PLEASE do not fall for this trick. SHOW UP. There are people on that committee and in state government who are not completely insane, corrupt or other wise adverse to your cause. What they need is YOUR HELP providing a voice to our side of the argument.

I know its painful, difficult, inconvenient, expensive, annoying, confusing and irritating, but to do otherwise is apathy which is the precise weapon that has been wielded against your rights for decades - and in case you haven't noticed - IT'S WORKING.

We need a crowd at every one of these things - particularly this one - telling them that we have lost faith in our government because it shows no faith in us and treats us like criminals. They need to understand that this will have consequences for them and the only consequence they understand is getting tossed from their office.

Coyote, just wondering. How many hearing have you attended?

Put me down as likely.

Is GOAL issuing any additional guidelines like talking points for those who are speaking or who might be able to engage lawmakers in one-on-one conversations; when to clap, when not to boo, things like that.

Thanks Knuckle Dragger. For talking points keep it brief and poignant, use good reasoning, tell your story.

The atmosphere is much like a court room, cheering, clapping, booing, etc.. is typically frowned upon but will happen spontaneously during the day.

Everyone please remember this hearing is the first of many steps, it's going to be a long haul. The anti's are counting on us losing focus, giving up hope, or not showing up at all due to the fact that we think we can not win this.

That is their strategy and so far they are winning, they have been tougher, more patient, and have used the process against us very effectively.

We need to turn that around.

I'm possible. My Little Lady has an appointment in Chestnut Hill, but as the office can be rather slow I may not be out before the hearing ends. Plus with her knees, sitting in many chairs and standing is not good for her.

At least three. You?

Plus, can anyone say what committee this is?

"The Committee" is the list of legislators, on the bill (H. 2259)

At the public hearing on January 27th this committee will hear all evidence both for and against the passing of the bill.

They will then vote on the future of the bill

If they vote yes, in favor of the bill it goes to the house for discussion.

If the house votes in favor it goes to the senate

If the senate votes in favor it goes to the governor

If the governor approves it, it becomes law.

This is why it is so vastly important for us to not only show up and speak intelligently, but also to do our homework before hand as has been mentioned in this thread.

I've noticed a trend lately among many on this board, it's a trend of being submitted, laying down, saying you can't win so why bother trying, the apathy really bothers me. I always thought that New Englanders' were tougher than that. What happened to that independent spirit, the fire? Has it been completely extinguished by those that would have us turn into France?

I've noticed that many love to scream about a citizen's rights being infringed upon, (Swampscott thread) but that nobody wants to do the work, and that many of those that don't want to do the work want to sit and heckle those that do.

Here we sit, on the precipice of being able to finally reform our unconstitutional law and what are we doing about it? Are we going to get together and get this done or not?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was really surprised as well at how quickly my Rep got back to me. I am sure some of you already know what a friend we have in Christine Canavan. Below is an excerpt from her email response. It gives me hope.....[smile][smile][smile]

Good morning, Mr. XXXX

Thanks so much for your e-mail regarding H.2259, the Civil Rights and Public Safety bill, I always appreciate phone calls and e-mails on issues important to you, your family and our friends and neighbors...... So thank you.

You’ll be happy to know that I strongly support—and have co-sponsored—H.2259 this session because I strongly believe, like you do, in uniformly preserving 2nd Amendment rights for law-abiding citizens of the Commonwealth. Along those lines, I have always enjoyed a very strong partnership with the Gun Owners Action League (GOAL) as your State Representative, and I plan on delivering testimony in support of this bill at its hearing on January 27th.

Thanks again for your e-mail. Please continue to keep in touch and let me know about this or any other issue important to you and your family.

Warmly,

Christine

State Representative Christine E. Canavan

10th Plymouth District – Brockton, Easton & West Bridgewater

State House, Room 146

Boston, MA 02133

(617) 722-2575

You Ma**h***s are lame... Henceforth anyone who did not either provide a death in the family type excuse and isn't going to this is not allowed to complain about MA laws. You obviously like MA laws and they are good to you. Obviously, since you can't be bothered top lift a finger to change them...

Get off your collective asses people![thumbsup]

I see nothing in the bill having to do with what you can and can't own in the state. That should be #1. Sounds pretty lame to me.

I see nothing in the bill having to do with what you can and can't own in the state. That should be #1. Sounds pretty lame to me.
Whether you realize it or not, your freedoms and rights are much more imperiled by other aspects of MA gun laws...

Seems reasonable to first fix the issue of ownership period as well as the sundry ludicrous felonies you can commit without knowing it between your bed and the bathroom in the morning...

Then we can get to work on containing the AG's office abuse of their discretion...

Wow. That's kinda shortsighted. I'd rather have a state with clear firearms laws and non-discretionary licensing than a broader menu to choose from.

Whether you realize it or not, your freedoms and rights are much more imperiled by other aspects of MA gun laws...

Seems reasonable to first fix the issue of ownership period as well as the sundry ludicrous felonies you can commit without knowing it between your bed and the bathroom in the morning...

Then we can get to work on containing the AG's office abuse of their discretion...

I agree with you 100%, but I do think that dealing with AG's office (more precisely, the AG's ludicrous overreaching power grabs) is also very important, because of the chilling effect that the mere threat of prosecution has. An AG willing to maliciously prosecute can do an extreme amount of damage, and the importance of smacking them down shouldn't be understated. When it comes to things that need reform, our cup definitely seems to runneth over...

I agree with you 100%, but I do think that dealing with AG's office (more precisely, the AG's ludicrous overreaching power grabs) is also very important, because of the chilling effect that the mere threat of prosecution has. An AG willing to maliciously prosecute can do an extreme amount of damage, and the importance of smacking them down shouldn't be understated. When it comes to things that need reform, our cup definitely seems to runneth over...
Indeed - first we need to end our infringement of free speech. We literally have people being denied licenses for expressing their displeasure with the policies of the king.

We also need to restore our 4th and 5th amendment rights. With all of those intact, the political weapons wielded upon us (to bully us into silent compliance), now we can go after the less clear cut issue of the powers of the executive/regulatory branch of our government in "protecting consumer safety"... This will ALWAYS be a gray area as we see with the unfortunate prevailing opinion, even amongst 2A supporters that this does not include full auto, tanks, howitzers, etc...

Though I disagree, I find I am in the minority believing that such restrictions are NOT permitted by a Constitution intended to protect our right/ability to raise an army against an oppressive regime.

Indeed - first we need to end our infringement of free speech. We literally have people being denied licenses for expressing their displeasure with the policies of the king.

We also need to restore our 4th and 5th amendment rights. With all of those intact, the political weapons wielded upon us (to bully us into silent compliance), now we can go after the less clear cut issue of the powers of the executive/regulatory branch of our government in "protecting consumer safety"... This will ALWAYS be a gray area as we see with the unfortunate prevailing opinion, even amongst 2A supporters that this does not include full auto, tanks, howitzers, etc...

Though I disagree, I find I am in the minority believing that such restrictions are NOT permitted by a Constitution intended to protect our right/ability to raise an army against an oppressive regime.

I've always wondered how "to keep and bear arms" got translated into "to keep and bear small arms, as long as those small arms don't fire full auto"

Still, I'm with you: first amendment first.

Back
Top Bottom