IMPORTANT NOTICE for all gunowners House Bill H2259

Only 120 letters so far? Ummm.....

WTF? I'm a little disappointed.

I agree. That is really friggin sad. It always seems like it's the minority trying to do the work for the majority. People need to step up and stop simply throwing money at the problem thinking it's going to get better.

Well, I am very disappointed. This bill is HUGE and if it passes it will pull MA gun laws out of the dark ages. I would expect that at the very least each of the green members would send in one letter. In all honestly I would like to see every NES member do that.

I sent the letter to Jim a few weeks back. Today I emailed a link to this thread to a few people in my address book and I also posted a link on my Facebook profile asking people to to go to Goal's page for "Write for Reform" http://goal.org/legislationwriteforreform.html to send a letter. Any other ideas to spread the word? I really hope this gets through.

It'd be great if some sort of "blast" e-mail could be sent out with the info to folks other than those who are GOAL members that have supplied their e-mail address. For example get the NRA on board and have them notify their MA members. I bet there are a ton of folks who are members of the NRA but not GOAL even though it should be the other way around. I'm pretty sure I haven't seen anything from the NRA on this. Then again all of their e-mails have been going to my spam box for a while which I don't really mind since half of what they send out are ads for sponsored junk.

Thanks Big. Keep spreading the word, talk to people and call your legislators and tell them your opinion on the matter, call often.

drum, thanks for the input, I'm sure Jim has talked to the NRA about inclusion on their e-blast, I'll follow through with him to be sure. It amazes me still that we have at least 5-6 K members on this site from MA and we have only 120 or so letters. We need to do better than that.

Great quotes from letters received, you guys are great.

"It is unacceptable that my home state would support laws that do nothing more in most cases than convert my Second Amendment rights into state-defined crimes." Steve M

"The many piecemeal laws and restriction imposed by local towns and municipalities have also created a lot of confusion. I believe that this bill would clarify the law--for law enforcement officers and law abiding citizens alike--by creating a just an unified standard." Joseph R

"Stop the attacks on law abiding citizens..." Paul D

"The CQ Press released its 15th annual Safest States Awards. in this publication NH was pronounced the safest state to live in the nation. ME ranked 2nd, VT 4th, CT 11th, RI 12th and sadly, MA ranked a dismal 22nd.

These facts clearly demonstrate inarguably that the Gun Control Act of 1998 has become one of the greatest civil rights and public safety disasters of modern politics. The wrongful persecution of lawful citizens and the utter lack of any rational policies in fighting the real criminal element have led us to a Decade of Disaster!" Jonathan B

"I have a long memory, and I do vote. I will be watching the outcome of this and similar legislation" Barry N

One of the things I love about Massachusetts in particular and New England Culture in general is the commitment to the civil righs of it's residents.... And yet strangely, on the issue of Gun Control Massachusetts takes an anti-civil rights stance. Doug G.

On the way.

I'm about to start harassing my friends who think like us, any idea of the time line to get these letters in by? I say somewhere it said "fall" - anything clearer? Most of my friends and co-workers can't do anything without being under a timeline.

We are also looking for letters from the clubs in support of H2259.

I sent out letters to all affiliated clubs a few weeks back and we have only received 3 letters of support!

Folks, at your club meetings please mention H2259 to the BOD. Tell them that you would like the club to send a letter in support of the bill on behalf of all members. Also it is important that the club sends a letter on club letterhead.

Keep up the good work ladies and gents!

Nicole created a letter and many of the women attending last week's SAS meeting signed it.

Nicole and Don Kusser hit up many of us at the Braintree R&P meeting last Monday to sign the letter that Nicole created as well.

I doubt that they've been forwarded to GOAL yet, but it should be a reasonable sized stack of letters.

Kudos to Nicole and Don for making this happen.

Nicole created a letter and many of the women attending last week's SAS meeting signed it.

Nicole and Don Kusser hit up many of us at the Braintree R&P meeting last Monday to sign the letter that Nicole created as well.

I doubt that they've been forwarded to GOAL yet, but it should be a reasonable sized stack of letters.

Kudos to Nicole and Don for making this happen.

Excellent!! Good to hear, Len!!

Why doesn't GOAL do what "the opposition" does, which is to put up a form letter online, where you can fill it out and put in your name? They could also provide a .pdf document people can print, add to (some blank lines), and sign and send in. This could all be automated, and take advantage of available technology.

check out what these folks are doing!
http://www.credoaction.com/

compare:
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/workingforchange.com
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/goal.org

It is MORE effective if each letter is in your own words. Form letters are just a waste of time. What do you do when you get a form letter? Probably don't pay much attention to it.

Its like a chain letter, they all say the same blah blah thing and do not mean much because while they all have the same words they lack heart.

Finally got mine in the mail. I've been using mine as a prod to a few people in my office that I know are shooters or interested in shooting and I told them I would save them a stamp by mailing theirs with mine [wink]. Unfortunately out of the 6 I asked only 2 actually wrote a letter. I didn't want to wait any longer so there are 4 coming your way in one envelope (mine, my wife's and 2 co-workers). I'm going to keep working on the others to get them off their asses.

As a side note I found out one of my co-workers is a member of GOAL even though he's from NH. I had left my letter sitting on my desk and after he started reading it he says "Awesome I already sent mine in." Took me a little by surprise. [smile] Glad to see free staters are willing to fight for us down here in the PRM.

Bumpitty bump. Please keep the letters coming!

Sent several to GOAL over the weekend. I will try to gather a few more. I've found a lot of people are reluctant because they're unsure of their writing skills and don't want to be embarrassed. If you talk to them and find out what their main gripes are with the current laws you can draft a letter for them that addresses their concerns. They're usually happy to sign something like that.

Has the Bill been scheduled for a hearing yet? Dare I ask if it looks like it might get some traction?

Thanks to GOAL for their efforts! [grin]

Back
Top Bottom