• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

i'm wondering why people need a rotation of carry guns

greencobra

NES Member
wouldn't it be better to find that one pistol that fits all needs and stay with that? learn that one gun so it's second nature and is an extension of your hand? i dunno, summer gun, winter gun, shorts gun, bathing suit gun, heavy clothes apple picking gun. i think the last 25 years i've carried only 2. a g26, then switched it out with a shield for 10 years. recently i'm back with the 26 because of hand strength issues trying to rack the shields slide. if i hade a stable of carry guns, how would i remember what the current one is? would i remember where the controls were without looking. the pistol i'd be using to protect my life, i'd want to be as familiar to me as humanly possible.

P365 99% of the time, Bodyguard when I’m riding my bike. If I go hiking/camping deep in the woods I might carry something s little more substantial, probably G20 but it’s been a while since I have done that.

Depends on where I am going.. WalMart is usually a Beretta 92FS, unless it's the Boylston WalMart. If I am going to the library, I usually carry a G19 if it is before noon, afternoon I carry a USP9.

Five Guys is usually a G26, unless it's the Five Guys in Marlboro then I carry a Walther P22. Stop&Shop is difficult, then what I carry depends on what I am buying and whether or not I have to go in the vegetable section. If I do have to travel through the veggies, a G43 is in order, if not a G43X is what I usually carry, unless I have to go to the frozen food section, then it's an M&P. I usually try to avoid S&S because of the confusion it causes me every time I go, I usually have to plan my visit 2 days in advance with my path marked by waypoints on my Garmin handheld GPS.

Market Basket gets really complicated, but easier to plan than a visit to the post office or the bakery.

For summer carry in shorts, I use a pocket gun, a Kahr PM9. If it is colder and I‘m not going to be taking off my jacket, Glock 19. For something in between, Glock 43x.

I shoot the 19 better than the 43x, but the thinner 43x is easier to conceal.

That’s what works for me, but you do you.

wouldn't it be better to find that one pistol that fits all needs and stay with that? learn that one gun so it's second nature and is an extension of your hand? i dunno, summer gun, winter gun, shorts gun, bathing suit gun, heavy clothes apple picking gun. i think the last 25 years i've carried only 2. a g26, then switched it out with a shield for 10 years. recently i'm back with the 26 because of hand strength issues trying to rack the shields slide. if i hade a stable of carry guns, how would i remember what the current one is? would i remember where the controls were without looking. the pistol i'd be using to protect my life, i'd want to be as familiar to me as humanly possible.
Because some people view firearms as jewelry.

It’s ok to have different carry guns as long as they operate all the same; e.g a G19 in the winter and a G43 for the summer.

Because no single gun fits all possible circumstances.
What's important is that you practice with your carries and make them an extension of yourself.

You dont, people just want excuses to buy new stupid guns that they cant shoot well instead of mastering one. I can understand carrying a few different size of the same style gun, like a faggot purse gun/subcompact/compact/full size glock, sig, m&p etc but i dont get guys that carry a 1911 on sunday, a 365 monday, a glock 36 wednesday etc. I think people that do this as a general rule dont shoot any of these guns well enough to understand the importance of carrying something you're truly proficient with. That or they're not truly serious about carrying for personal protection, or they have a preset opinion on what kind of shoot they might encounter and carry just to scratch that itch. Ie the guys who think the only reason they need to carry a gun is to stop somebody from mugging them at the gas station so they pocket carry a j-frame or purse gun that they're useless with beyond the "average defensive shooting distance" they so lovingly like to quote when they cant hit paper past 10 yds.

I carry a Glock 19 with 18 rounds in it, an rmr and x300 as my EDC gun, carried appendix in a tenicor holster. Usually a spare mag. Anywhere i anticipate being around/encountering more than 5 people i dont personally know.

For running i have a G43 in a hill people gear chest bag. I live in a pretty remote area, on my runs i see coyotes, rattlesnakes, and cattle. Zero humans and zero humans i cant outfight or outrun, so 7 rounds of 9mm is ok i guess.

Sometimes if im feeling lazy ill steal the girlfriend's G48 with shield 15 round mag.

It’s ok to have different carry guns as long as they operate all the same; e.g a G19 in the winter and a G43 for the summer.
This ^

I have 4 carry guns, 2 full size, 1 compact, and 1 micro. And they all have a manual safety which flips up to disengage. That same function and a ton of practice, and I'm confident the safety comes off with no extra thought and no additional delay. This is actually delaying my move to the P365 (safety flips down), after 30 years of practice flipping it up.

Pocket carry a G43 in a wallet holster and a P220 Compact for IWB. When driving cross country through Antifa / BKM shitbird riot cities during Wu Flu times I carried a G20. Honestly, most of the time I toss the G43 into a pocket.

A sig 365 for cc. A Gen4 19 for everything else. If I get around to it I'll probably pick up a 43x and switch it out with the 365 as I predominantly shoot glocks and have since at least 2015.

9C as a regular carry
Bodyguard on the bike or when I need something smaller
Both a like Walmart brand Tupperware - they work but you're not worried about a scratch or loss.

Smith 66 or 360PD for backpacking, maybe I'll get a 69 soon. Buffalo bore hardcast. They deliver shitloads of energy in an easy to use package.

Sig 2022 or 226 for normal carry. I shoot them very well and they fit my hands.

Sometimes I rock a kimber in a leather holster but that's rare.

I don't "need" multiple carry guns. I want multiple carry guns. So I carry what I like on any given day and for any given wardrobe. And no, they aren't all the same design, caliber, or manual of arms; that's boring.

It doesn't bother me, so it shouldn't bother anybody else.

Depends on where I am going.. WalMart is usually a Beretta 92FS, unless it's the Boylston WalMart. If I am going to the library, I usually carry a G19 if it is before noon, afternoon I carry a USP9.

Five Guys is usually a G26, unless it's the Five Guys in Marlboro then I carry a Walther P22. Stop&Shop is difficult, then what I carry depends on what I am buying and whether or not I have to go in the vegetable section. If I do have to travel through the veggies, a G43 is in order, if not a G43X is what I usually carry, unless I have to go to the frozen food section, then it's an M&P. I usually try to avoid S&S because of the confusion it causes me every time I go, I usually have to plan my visit 2 days in advance with my path marked by waypoints on my Garmin handheld GPS.

Market Basket gets really complicated, but easier to plan than a visit to the post office or the bakery.
Is that the West Boylston Walmart, old Fair? The average shoppers age must be at least 80. I’d carry a revolver just to fit in…..

I carry my Ruger LC9s, or my Glock 19.I also have a few pocket pistols,that I will carry if I am just going down the street.
I have been also known to carry my lady smith,when I identify as a women.

Same gun, every day, all year long, G21, for at least the last decade. However, we were so short of yard help last week, I was actually outside in that heat 95% of each day. No shirt, no wife beater, it evened out my Farmers Tan. I had my empty holster on and my G21 in the safe behind my desk. Of course, I had my late daughters P238 on my ankle, she's always my back up. Back in June, I tried wearing my late cousins Kimber 1911 Gold Cup Match. I realize it's far superior to my Glock and I carried it for an entire month. I just couldn't get used to it. That Glock is like a part of my body. I know it's a full sized but I don't even know it's there and I can draw from concealment in a split second. I'm sticking with my G21.

P365 mostly and P3AT when that’s too big for my situation. When it’s nasty wet out on hikes, a LCR.

Back
Top Bottom