Im gonna need a new range bag...

So today I took a trip to the range and put a box of .357s through my new Smith and Wesson Model 19. I wanted to see what kind of accuracy it was capable of, an I was the only one at the range, so I set up my target at the 25 yard line, and started shooting offhand. After about half the box, I figured I would sit down and rest the gun for some SA shots. Well apparently my trusty range bag was in the danger zone while I was doing this, cause when I went to pack up, I noticed this [laugh]:
0323011455.jpg

The nylon is all melted and the zipper is FUBAR! So its time to look for a new Range Bag, and be a little more careful with it!

So today I took a trip to the range and put a box of .357s through my new Smith and Wesson Model 19. I wanted to see what kind of accuracy it was capable of, an I was the only one at the range, so I set up my target at the 25 yard line, and started shooting offhand. After about half the box, I figured I would sit down and rest the gun for some SA shots. Well apparently my trusty range bag was in the danger zone while I was doing this, cause when I went to pack up, I noticed this [laugh]:
0323011455.jpg

The nylon is all melted and the zipper is FUBAR! So its time to look for a new Range Bag, and be a little more careful with it!

My brother did that with his AR.

Midway's bag is cheap and nicer than most others I've see as it holds it's shape really well.

Yup. I have the same exact holes in my range bag from resting my AR on it. [thinking] [smile]

I like the Uncle Mike's one i got from Four Seasons honestly. Before that I had a different range bag. I forget who made it but they sold it at Northshore Firearms. I want to say it was the shotgunner bag.

Uncle-Mikes-Range-Bags.jpg

Costs about $40

Last edited:
I picked up a really nice range bag at Bass Pro a while back. It's very sturdy and should last a long time. I believe it was their Redhead brand and cost somewhere around $80 IIRC. I think it was advertised as a shotgunners bag but it works great as a regular range bag. It has nice brass feet and zippers and the material is a strong canvas type material so it'll take a lot of abuse.

+1 for the Midway range bag. I have the large version which comes with two zippered pistol pouches, a removable ammo bag and a netted dump bag so you can shake the dirt off your cases if you picked them up off the dirt. The bag is big but its great for holding everything you could think of for a big range trip or in case friends suddendly stop by and want to shoot too.

So, I don't know who said it, but evidently the Midway range bag is a direct knock off of a dude that designed the original bag. He actually joined here and made a post about it and I felt like a total a**h***- he really got screwed big time by Midway.

I almost lit my Midway bad on fire as a result. One of the many reasons why I hate midwayusa.com. They're a bunch of f*cks.

I got a cabelas one for 10 bucks, its on the small size but perfect for short trips to the range when i only bring one or two handguns.

If you're bringing a bunch of things to shoot at the range then the midway is a good one.

further clarification as to why Midway is a terrible bunch of thieving pricks.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/91011-Range-Bag?p=1295424&viewfull=1#post1295424

Whoever works at Midway found this bag design, sent it to a chinese outfitter, and contracted them to make thousands of them for pennies on the dollar. Now they're raking in dough for the company. I don't like that one bit. I hate their junk mail. And I hate their overpriced chinese SHIT tools and products. I can't count how many hand tools I've destroyed from them that cost $40 instead of the $5 price that Harbor Freight sells them at.

F Midway.

So today I took a trip to the range and put a box of .357s through my new Smith and Wesson Model 19. I wanted to see what kind of accuracy it was capable of, an I was the only one at the range, so I set up my target at the 25 yard line, and started shooting offhand. After about half the box, I figured I would sit down and rest the gun for some SA shots.

No target pictures? How'd the 19 shoot? 4"?

I have a range bag from Bagmaster that I've been dragging to the range overloaded for years - the only thing that's ever broken was the cord between the two top zippers. The 550 cord replacement is still holding up fine. Not a cheap bag, but well worth it.

So, I don't know who said it, but evidently the Midway range bag is a direct knock off of a dude that designed the original bag. He actually joined here and made a post about it and I felt like a total a**h***- he really got screwed big time by Midway.

I almost lit my Midway bad on fire as a result. One of the many reasons why I hate midwayusa.com. They're a bunch of f*cks.

The midway bags are just that...."Cheap" they fall apart in no time. Go with the original from Chuck @ Shooters connection they are built to last. The Midway looks the same but the quality is not even close to the Shooters connection bag.

You won't be sorry

I got a real nice one from balistic reload. Keep checking their noon deals and you may get a great one at a good discount.

Better than using a bag as a rest for a shooting session and realizing when you are getting up that a crease slid up against the barrel past the hand guard and melted onto the barrel.

Bag was destroyed and barrel still smokes after a long string

+1 for the Midway range bag. I have the large version which comes with two zippered pistol pouches, a removable ammo bag and a netted dump bag so you can shake the dirt off your cases if you picked them up off the dirt. The bag is big but its great for holding everything you could think of for a big range trip or in case friends suddendly stop by and want to shoot too.

This.

Love mine. Very well made.

Back
Top Bottom