• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Preferred Range Bag?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
I've had the same range bag for the past 15 plus years and it's finally starting to give way as the zipper sewing is coming undone. So looking to get a new range bag. Specifications are:

1. Large enough for 4 handguns
  2. Section to hold magazines
  3. Room for ammo
  4. Pocket for basic gear/tools/etc.
  5. Shoulder strap for easy carry
Anyone recommend something that meets those criteria?

I’ve been very happy with my 5.11 range bag. Only gripe I have is the water bottle pocket is too small for a Nalgene/hydroflask sized bottle.

I bought a few extra of these to carry ammo and use the one that came with for spent brass.

Last edited:

View attachment 827925
Exactly. I use an old laptop backpack for handgun days. A couple pistols, mags, few boxes of ammo, sticker targets, eyes/ears..I mean that's basically it.

I've had the same range bag for the past 15 plus years and it's finally starting to give way as the zipper sewing is coming undone. So looking to get a new range bag. Specifications are:

3. Room for ammo
Re-sew the zipper. Save the money for ammo. 🤔
Cat Kitten GIF

amazon has a good bunch of range bags and backpacks from $25 to $50 range to choose from, but most will not qualify a locked container clause you kinda may want to comply with, if you expect to throw 3-4 pistols in it. this one may actually work, but, it depends
i would prefer a bag with at least 4 individual slots for handguns under lockable zipper, but do not see a good one so just use old photo and laptop bags i have a ton of.

1702596239636.png

1702596131725.png

I use a craftsman tradestack bag. In my truck it looks like a tool bag. Because that's what it is. Doesn't bring any undue attention. You can attach this to their tradestack system and put guns/ammo whatever you want in it and lock up the system. The bag is big enough for several handguns/staples/ammo/mags.

I have one and know probably 4 other people that have them and they all love them.
Yep. Only downside as already mentioned is that it's big so you tend to put tons of stuff in....it can weigh a ton.

3. Room for ammo
Will you be able to afford a new one after Disney and the concert tickets?

amazon has a good bunch of range bags and backpacks from $25 to $50 range to choose from, but most will not qualify a locked container clause you kinda may want to comply with, if you expect to throw 3-4 pistols in it. this one may actually work, but, it depends
i would prefer a bag with at least 4 individual slots for handguns under lockable zipper, but do not see a good one so just use old photo and laptop bags i have a ton of.

View attachment 828024
That INSSTUID is likely a huge piece of shit. I bought a few random bags last year- and one that looked identical with a similarly generic Chinese brand name of VEAGIA and another by the name of DSLEAF (their capitalization, not mine)- and they were awful. They're all flat packed and the structural integrity of the entire bag comes from the velcro dividers. Good luck putting anything heavy like a gun or ammo in there. The dividers were basically corrugated cardboard wrapped in some stretchy, vaguely velcro-like fabric that were going to tear after the first use. The product photos looked significantly better than what I received and I suspect the reviews were all fake. The company was really response and asked how they could improve it so I'd give them credit for that.

I ended up going with a Blackhawk sportster bag and the quality is what I'd expect from a real company.

Dam.. now i need a range packout

Its pretty handy. Ive got everything i need in there from tools, to chrono and shot timer, lubricants etc. Spray glue, paint, soccer cones, chemlights, blah blah blah.

Best part is it wheels around and you can use it as a seat, or a barricade.

I need to rattlecan it.

Back
Top Bottom