• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If you won Powerball...

Pretty much the same as already said with regards to buying land and all the guns I've ever wanted to own and having plenty of room to shoot whatever I want. I'd also be sure to take care of all my family and friends. And of course make some donations to worthy causes.

Buy a crap ton of land, build a 10-15 car garage with the house on top of it, equip house with a solid audiophile setup, indoor and outdoor pools, and my own private indoor shooting range. If possible, a outdoor rifle range with some distance. I'd also build out a wood shop with everything I could possibly need. Of course I would add to the collection too (both cars and guns).

First, I would donate $10 million to Gun owners foundation ( tax deductibility), second I would donate $5 million to gun owners of America ( not tax deductible) third I would donate $1 million to to NHFC ( not tax deductible) Then I might buy some land to shoot on and maybe a belt fed.

I'd start a Super PAC, and properly fund GOAL and Comm2A, as well as their equivalents in each state.

Move to a free state, build a house with a 25’x25’ vault, and fill it with pew toys.

EDIT: the cash payout, after all taxes, would be about $221 million free and clear. I’m upgrading my vault to 100’x100’!

Last edited:
Set up Trust. Anonymously pay off debts (houses, loans) of the people who have made an impact on my life so far. I rather pay of their mortgage than give them $1. Buy Ranch in TX. I work in IT but I could care less for it. It's a means to and end. Good bye internet, cell phones, land lines. Sat phone, HAM Radio, Helicopter. Want to send me something? Learn how to address a letter or don't. Doesn't matter to me at that point. Assuming everything is paid for (property taxes, life BS). $200K a year expenditure/pocket money cap for the wife and I. Travel the world till we were tired of seeing everything.

Can you buy an A10 that works? [rofl] That would be epic[mg]

No. DOD breaks up such aircraft. You would have to get something older, like an A4, and it would be unarmed. Getting licensed to fly one without having fighter pilot experience would be very difficult and the cost to maintain it would be stratospheric.

1) Buy 100-200 acres of undeveloped land in somewhere in the Mountain West and build
2) Honest to God FG42:

Rock Island Auction: FG42 WWII Krieghoff Heinrich Machine Gun Sniper $299,000

3) Visit Holland and Holland

Gun Room | Holland & Holland

if you won multiples of 100 million you could do some serious 2A work, starting with Comm2A.

Set up Trust...

Setting up a trust to fund 2A cases, activism, etc. would be pretty good and rewarding, most state gun groups run on nothing. Could also donate to youth shooting causes, hunter education, high school and collegiate teams.

No. DOD breaks up such aircraft. You would have to get something older, like an A4, and it would be unarmed. Getting licensed to fly one without having fighter pilot experience would be very difficult and the cost to maintain it would be stratospheric.
Technically speaking, it's not an "aircraft", it's a huge gun with wings.

Don't count your chickens too soon. You take it all at once, pay the taxes and end up with less than a third of what you won.

Exactly.

I figure that the current jackpot would be something like $220M after taxes. Still nothing to sneeze at, but not at the level where you could buy a Gulfstream G650 ($70M) and a superyacht without going broke in the process.

Technically speaking, it's not an "aircraft", it's a huge gun with wings.

DOD still won’t sell you a surplus one. They keep them in the desert until they are ready to write it off and then break it up and sell the metal as scrap.

Take care of all friends and relatives. Donate to charities like Comm2a, GOAL, GOA, CCRKBA, etc.

waterfront House in FL. waterfront house on Winnie. Waterfront house here in NC. Appropriate boats for all.

Flying lessons. Small plane to go back and forth north to south.

Guns would be on the list, but I don't think I'd go TOO nuts with that.

After the legal BS/taxes/admin bs, Number one on my list would be a decent airworthy Gulfstream V and enough facilities/crew to run it. Then I'd go to the factory and order a G650ER. I'd also get a Pilatus PC12NG for the small dumb aiports/regional stuff. This would facilitate the use and acquisition of other real estate.

The gun thing is easy I'd deal with that later. [laugh] Multiple 07s and an ammunition wholesale business would be in the mix. It would involve lots of forklifts. I would also help TargetSports, Comm2a and others whacking dimples the tyrant....

-Mike

Ok, here we go;

Start up a FFL 07
Browning M2 Machine Gun
10mm wheel gun
M1 (all variations)
Tommy gun (full auto)
Colt Python
MG42 - want to try to recreate the smart guns from Alien
M60
Laws rockets
Really nice shotguns (a few)
Milling machine
Gatling guns in at least 45/70, 308, 300blk (suppresses) and 10mm.
Suppressors and more suppressors
Start my personal gun of the month club
Reconditioned T-72 (fully armed)
P-38 (airworthy)
Giant Tesla coils (at least 5) - don’t ask lol
Large cannon (perfer bronze-with my name on it and the words “FU@K YEAH!”
other artillry pieces
Rail gun
Phase plasma rifle 50MW range

Donations:
$1MM to GOAL
$1MM to Com2A
$1MM to Pink Pistols

Finally I would start a foundation that’s sole purpose is to put up billboards next to Rosenthal’s that discuss his love of thrusting knobby carrots up his sad ruined ass$ole.

Last edited:
After the legal BS/taxes/admin bs, Number one on my list would be a decent airworthy Gulfstream V and enough facilities/crew to run it. Then I'd go to the factory and order a G650ER.

A new G650ER will cost around $70M finished (‘green’ airplane is around $65M before options) and you’ll spend $2M each year running it (hangar, crew, fuel, maintenance).

If you start out with $220M after taxes, you’re down to $150M after buying just a single plane.

Personally, I would either buy a jet card from NextJet or FlexJet, or lease through them. It wouldn’t be “your” plane, but you also wouldn’t have to deal with all the crap around buying a hangar, hiring and firing aircrew, etc. And you won’t have dropped 1/3 of your wealth on a depreciating asset.

Also, using a fractional service like NetJets is far better in terms of privacy. There are spotters at airports that post pictures of business jets at airports. If you are flying your own plane, then it is pretty clear that you were at that location. In contrast, if you are on a NetJets aircraft, all anyone knows is that a NetJets aircraft arrived at that location, not who was on board.

There is a saying: “if it flies, floats, or f***s, rent it.”

Back
Top Bottom