• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

IDC Firearms - Clinton, MA

Just walked out of IDC with a new Remington 870 Express shotgun, case of ammo, case of clays and a choke tube for less than $500. Marc's a shotgun guy and was great at helping me find a beginner shotgun that I could try my hand shooting skeet with and still stay within my budget!

Last edited:
Nice place, very friendly guys there.
Their prices are very high. I compared a few items I have been considering and they were $100 more for the same gun from 4 seasons. Ammo prices were high as well.

Some of their firearm prices are high, others are average. They did give me a fair deal on a BG 380 when those were nearly impossible to find and they could have really gouged.

Ammo selection is pretty good but prices can be ridiculous, in some cases they are twice the price of the bigger stores or online places.

Some of their firearm prices are high, others are average. They did give me a fair deal on a BG 380 when those were nearly impossible to find and they could have really gouged.

I found that on a lot of the used guns they had that IDC was often siginificantly better than average and had excellent prices on many. Lots of selection, too. It is one of those stores I have to use all my willpower to try to not buy something when I go in there.

Ammo selection is pretty good but prices can be ridiculous, in some cases they are twice the price of the bigger stores or online places.

Yes, virtually every gun shop in MA has high ammo prices, including places like FS, etc. In nearly all cases, you can get somewhat of a better price by negotiating a case lot price depending on what the ammo is. Some of it is the mid level distributors, basically making it impossible for the gun shops to buy ammo at the price the wholesalers and walmart get it at. Some of it is just capitalism. (For example, at FS, a lot of the ammo buyers don't care what the price is, they need it, so they buy it... I suspect a lot of gun shops sell ammo this way. The same way Cumberland farms sells milk even though it costs like 50 cents more a gallon than the grocery store does). If I put a black cross on every gun shop in MA and NH that I thought had high ammo prices at one time or another I'd have like maybe 2 shops left. [laugh] As a result I tend not to judge a gun shop just by the ammo prices alone. If I feel the ammo is too expensive at a shop I either don't buy it or buy less of it, or negotiate with the staffers to get a better price on a larger amount of ammo.

-Mike

I recently had a discrepancy at IDC and thought I would be out of luck on but they were very concerned that we both come to an agreement and walk away happy... they went out of there way to be fair about what had happened and I walked away feeling good about it.

I find there selection excellent and even if you were to haggle ammo prices with me, the way I was treated about this discrepancy will keep me going back alone. It was like they were competing for my business! A+++ shop

I priced 2 New guns that I recently purchased and each was close to 100 more there than from other dealers. (Ruger MKIII Target and a Beretta 92FS).
My point about the website is if you are going to have one it should work. If all you want is directions, phone# etc then don't have all the other non working tabs.
It just not professional looking. It is a nice store and the people were friendly enough but I work hard for my money and cant justify spending extra just because they are close.
I wish them luck and I will still stop in to look and possibly buy if the price is right. They did have some Ammo on the shelf that you probably would not find in the other stores.
Their spam cans of 7.62X54 were like 125 or something crazy like that. I can by that for 79+ 12 shipping all day long from a number of sources.

Hi all,
First time poster and getting ready to make my first handgun purchase. I live in the middle of nowhere and I am looking for a shop to give my business to. I understand that smaller shops not matter what they sell can't meet the prices of ones that can buy in large quantities. I was all set to head over to IDC after reading these posts. Gave them a quick call to say Hi. Guy was real nice. However, told me he had a M&P 9 in stock for 569.00. That's list price. Not married to that gun but are they more of a SIG store vs S&W? Again, not trying to bash anyone place but I pretty much want to give my business and support to one store. I'm in trouble with this new hobby!!! Can anyone give me some feedback without slamming a newbie to badly!

Iceaxe, keep in mind that your time is valuable also. If IDC is convenient, is ok on price and you get good service from them, I wouldn't have any problem paying a bit more. Personally, I hate driving for an hour each way to save fifty bucks. I don't do traffic well, but that's me. Check the MA gun store map (I think it's above this thread) and call around to some other stores that are close. No one will begrudge you that.

Hi all,
First time poster and getting ready to make my first handgun purchase. I live in the middle of nowhere and I am looking for a shop to give my business to. I understand that smaller shops not matter what they sell can't meet the prices of ones that can buy in large quantities. I was all set to head over to IDC after reading these posts. Gave them a quick call to say Hi. Guy was real nice. However, told me he had a M&P 9 in stock for 569.00. That's list price. Not married to that gun but are they more of a SIG store vs S&W? Again, not trying to bash anyone place but I pretty much want to give my business and support to one store. I'm in trouble with this new hobby!!! Can anyone give me some feedback without slamming a newbie to badly!

Simple. Call the guy up and say you want to buy the gun, but another shop has it for x. Will they match the price? If not, how much will they sell it for? If they can't or won't help, then consider the time and cost of driving to wherever you found it for less and decide if it is worth it to you. Maybe check galleryofguns and see if you can buy it there for less and transfer it through IDC. I dont know if they are affiliated. I have seen guns on galleryofguns selling for less through local dealers than they were selling the same gun in stock. This is probably due to the difference in costs between the two.

I like IDC, and I try not to openly slam anyone on this forum because eventually the dealers get to know you and may not appreciate you costing them business, which translates into little inclination to deal with you. Like I said on the thread about web sites, most of these shops are small, have limited money for inventory, and may not be able to get the same pricing that others do. But they will usually do what they can short of losing money. I shop around freely, and usually buy from the nearest shop with the best prices. I have bought guns from IDC. They were friendly, helpful, and while they may not have had the lowest price, they did have the specific version of what I was looking for which is worth paying a little extra for.

I am lucky because my home FFL has good inventory and good prices on most things, but they can't stock everything I'm interested in(pretty much everything).

One final note: I can offer guns at a bett price than the competition all day long if I don't have them in stock. Sme large dealers have really good prices, but don't often have the guns. If I only have two of a popular model and can't get more, my inclination to sell at razor thing margin and hope that I make it up on ammo that I know you're probably buying at Walmart is not smart.

Welcome, and good luck!

I went trap shooting for the first time and one of the guys there made mention of this place with nothing but praise to be said for it. I am actually about to go give it a look.

Went there for the first time today, walked out with a great Mosin Nagant. Great group of guys, and it's a great store!
Talked to one of the guys during the transaction: They have been in business for about a year and a half, and their current stock on hand totals to $1,000,000 right now. Pleasure doing business with them!

Went there sat and was pleasantly surprised they had some reloading stuff at good prices. Very good selection at reasonable prices. Plenty of nice guys behind the counter helping customers as well. Glad to see a good shop in central ma with good supply.

Last edited:
I picked up a Ruger SR22 from IDC last night, actually 10 minutes after closing time. $315.00 they said they have 50 of them. I think it's a "special" price. neat little gun.

I purchased my first pistol from them. A brand new RIA 1911A1-CS. Great price and great service.... the gentleman There was extremely patient with my indecisive self... and the location is very convenient with me being in Fitchburg.
I definitely plan on going more often.

Picked up a Ruger SR22 last night for $315 plus tax. Great guys and fairly knowledgeable.

Prices are still high on firearms, and their prices on ammo were through the roof. 525 rounds of .22 is $30. I can get that at Walmart for $13.

I went in today for something else, and now any SR22's from here on out are $399. Last time I checked, that is full blown retail. I don't see anyone paying full blown retail for that. That is $80+ more than anyone else wants for it. If it was $399 when I went in there, I would have walked. So I guess I got mine just in time.

Depending on what I needed, I would probably go in there again. But there prices on ammo and guns are through the roof. There Ruger LCR's are full blown retail too. [thinking]

Big thanks to this shop on my latest purchase! If you havent been there lately, check them out. The place has really grown! S&w m&p range kits are $525 for those interested.

Went in on Saturday, great selection... was eyeing a G30 but another customer decided to buy it. They have a G26 in really good shape, plus a Colt Government .45 with a nickel finish. Lots of 5.56 ammo. The guy behind the counter said they're offering 5% discount to local gun club members, just have to show your club ID. He also mentioned that all in-stock Browning shotguns are now 20% off.

Tax free Sunday and IDC is OPEN today for extended hours 9AM to 4PM. Doesn't get any better than that. Wait it does! If you are a Sportsmen Club member and you bring in your proof of membership they will give you an additional 5% off your purchase. I couldn't pass up the opportunity or the savings. I added a new Smith and Wesson Model 627 Pro Series to the gun safe. Looking forward to getting out and shooting it tomorrow. If you haven't had the chance to visit IDC seems like today would be a great time to jump in your vehicle and make the trek to Clinton.

I was there at 858 this am, Dave had a sr22 set aside for me and I was out the door at 9:20. Good guys there..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yes, they are a great group of guys. They always take the time to demonstrate and inform. They have a surprising selection of firearms. I don't think people realize they are open today.

Went in on Saturday, great selection... was eyeing a G30 but another customer decided to buy it. They have a G26 in really good shape, plus a Colt Government .45 with a nickel finish. Lots of 5.56 ammo. The guy behind the counter said they're offering 5% discount to local gun club members, just have to show your club ID. He also mentioned that all in-stock Browning shotguns are now 20% off.

I know that they're offering that to Harvard Sportsman's Club members, since Dave is a member. Don't know about any other clubs.

I was there at 858 this am, Dave had a sr22 set aside for me and I was out the door at 9:20. Good guys there..

How much did you pay? Their website says pretty much MSRP at $379. Bob's had it for $289, and FS for $279. IDC is a rip off on new firearms. I also went to get a case of .22 there one day, and I just about laughed and walked out of the store. I could have bought a case of .45 cheaper.

Where some stores get their prices it amazes me. It's like shopping at Cabela's or Bass Pro.

How much did you pay? Their website says pretty much MSRP at $379. Bob's had it for $289, and FS for $279. IDC is a rip off on new firearms. I also went to get a case of .22 there one day, and I just about laughed and walked out of the store. I could have bought a case of .45 cheaper.

Where some stores get their prices it amazes me. It's like shopping at Cabela's or Bass Pro.

I know FS had it for cheaper.. I don't want to wait 2 hours in line. Or do a 2 hour round trip I paid 335 and would rather give my $ to a smaller business. I don't know how FS makes any money but they must go off volume and not make much off the gun. Dave knows me by name. Not knocking FS by any means but I've had much more personable experiences at other shops, such as IDC. FS is a more of a drive thru shop in my opinion, and I have purchased 6 from them, my first 6 actually and haven't been back since. 2 hours in line? 2 hour round trip from Marlborough area, I value my time at considerably more than $10/hr. I wouldn't get out of bed on a weekend to do a side job for less than $30/hr ;)

IDC, those guys are great but their prices on new guns are a little high, besides Pullman arms in worc and Wayne's weaponry in west Boylston are closer and cheaper. But IDC are great for certain things ( accessories, mil spec guns, some used guns) ammo and new guns not so much. Just my opinion from the dozen or show shops I frequent.

How many times do I have to post this before people will actually READ it?

I have YET to pay list price for a gun there, and I've bought at least four guns from them - if you don't like the price, ASK them. I may not pay the FS price... but since I don't have to drive two hours round trip and wait a half hour to get waited on at IDC, it's worth it to me. If you like waiting in line, have fun.

I will concede your point on the ammo prices, though. But Wally World (when they have a friggin' license to sell it, that is) is even cheaper.

I don't know how FS makes any money but they must go off volume and not make much off the gun. Dave knows me by name.

Yup, volume is it. And Dave knows me, too, when I walk in the store. But then, they know me at Undercover Arms and Callaghan's, too. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom