IDC Firearms - Clinton, MA

I'm aware that a certain shop in Woburn can beat their prices. Then I factor in at least another hour of drive time, plus a couple more gallons of gas, tolls on the pike and the sheer JOY of driving up 128... and somehow I don't mind giving Marc & Dave a few bucks more.

Just picked up a gorgeous Model 29 there last week, and yes, they were flexible on price. That place is dangerous to my wallet... I keep walking out with new guns when I go there!

Went into IDC to check out the shop on Saturday and ran into a few NESers there, and ended up putting a nice AK on layaway. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the store is laid out pretty nice and uncluttered. Prices on many many of the used guns are very reasonable.... it's pretty apparent to me that the guys working at IDC want to make people come back to their shop. Definitely worth a visit if you're in the area.

As far as the braying and whining about the website... who cares? It had directions and a phone number on it, and operating hours.... and it's a gun shop.. what else do you need to know? [laugh] Most gun shops don't have huge web presences anyways, and I find the ones that do are of limited value.

-Mike

I guess maybe I shouldn't say anything.

I agree with you on driving to FS. I wast even talking about FS prices, there are other great shops close to IDC with great customer service and great prices that are just as good or better than FS. Bobs in Webster is one, and First Defense is another. Of course they have a great shop, and Marc and Dave are great guys, I bought a revolver from them not too long ago, I was mainly wondering why there prices were higher, that's all. Sometimes what I was trying to say I guess comes out wrong.
I'm in Worcester, so I never get to FS it's too far and too much of a hassle like you stated to just get there.

Websites or none of that BS bothers me, if I need a number I google it, or dial 411. Other then what I stated, yes it's a great shop, very nice, clean, and well laid out.

Hmm When at my girlfriends in Hudson it only takes 40 minutes to get to Four Seasons.. 495 to 3 then maybe 128? No tolls...
I do need to stop into IDC..I haven't yet.. but for $50 I'd make the 80 minute round trip.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

i was just on idc site noticed they are open tomorrow and have a sale on sig 2022s and blackpowder guns and accessories these guys are great always willing to talk shop and stay open past closing if needed not all places are willing to do that they have a great selection for milsurp guns and lots of other used stuff marc,dave,todd,ted,and alex are all gun guys i will be stopping down for a new gun to add to my collection

yes they do have a layaway plan not sure how they work it but i am sure it is fair stop and see them they are open 9am to 4pm today

yes they do have a layaway plan not sure how they work it but i am sure it is fair stop and see them they are open 9am to 4pm today

I bought a rifle on layaway and all I dd was make regular payments, and Marc was very flexible. No special or hidden charges either, but I also paid full MSRP which in light of it, seems fair. (for the record I didn't try to negotiate either because it was a layaway.)

Santa at IDC

That's a funny picture.
I've been dropping more than subtle hints to the wife for a gift certificate from those guys.

This is a great shop. Great guys, fair prices, good selection, always have new stuff.
One of my new favorites (bought 2 nice rifles today). Never much cared for FS anyway. Dave has earned my business.

Finally got to stop in.. spent over an hour there just browsing. Gun funds are tapped right now so I ended up just grabbing some ammo and a cleaning cloth for my 686. Very nice store, competitive pricing and nice collection of ammo. Felt very comfortable in the shop. Lots of used guns at good prices. I'll be back for sure.

Check out the new Windham Weaponry ARs. The company is the Maine remnants of Bushmaster. IDC has a few of them. Nice looking guns. Flip up sites, tubular stock. Around a $1000.00
If I didn't just buy my Yankee Hill, I'd seriously consider one of these.

I stopped in after the gun show and was amazed at the quality of those WW ARs, well worth the money. They only had two left.

Also, they had a special on the Ruger LC9 for $349... best price I've seen anywhere.

This is a great place to shop. Even when they are very busy they take the time to chat with you. They explain everything in detail. Have a good selection and great customer service. I've only purchased one firearm from them but I have bought a bunch of little goodies from them. Well worth the half hour drive for me.

Nice shop, big and well stocked. I stopped by there the other day and walked out with an AR lower at a very good price. Liked it so much, brought a friend there and he bought one. Now I'll be be asking a billion questions on AR building here.

Great shop ..very friendly guys in there.. been in a few times but finally pulled the trigger on a firearm purchase yesterday.

Great shop ..very friendly guys in there.. been in a few times but finally pulled the trigger on a firearm purchase yesterday.

Yea.. quoting my own post.

Grabbed another one today.. these guys are top notch.. great shop and I foresee them seeing alot more of me and my money. :)

Went to this shop last week for the first time and was very impressed with all they had to offer. One of the better assets they had at the shop was seeing my good friend Alex Tellert behind the counter!!! I would also like to add, as an acting member of the IDPA committee at the Worcester Pistol and Rifle Range, I appreciate the product donation to the club for our raffle before the match in Feb and I thank you. Keep up the great work.

Mike French

Nice place, very friendly guys there.
Their prices are very high. I compared a few items I have been considering and they were $100 more for the same gun from 4 seasons. Ammo prices were high as well.
It is frustrating also that the website has no information or pricing. Everything is "coming soon". a business today needs a functioning web site

Last edited:
My experience with IDC has been completely contrary to the last post. I find the prices competitive. I've purchased 16 guns in 2011, 13 of them from IDC, one from Blue Northern and two from Four seasons.
I've never purchased a gun from a web site.
I've given Dave and Marc a lot of my money over this past year and will continue to do so. I've had at lenght conversations with them both about the gun business and they understand the need for a web site. They've opted to invest in inventory rather than a web site for the time being. These guys have their act together and have a plan.

I don't think IDC's prices are way out of line. There may be a few extra dollars here and there, but you have to weigh that against: time and fuel to drive to Woburn (4 Seasons), the aggravation of standing four or five deep in front of the counter trying to see something (4 Seasons).

Also - don't be hesitant about asking for a "best price" on a used guns at IDC. If the gun has been there for a while and you can make a case on why it should be priced lower, they just might bite. And unlike some "other" shops, they just consider it part of business and don't act OFFENDED that you would DARE question a price.

I bought several guns at IDC last year, and I'll be back for more this year.

One other thing - it is one of the cleanest, most-organized gun shop I've ever seen. Go and see for yourself!

I don't think IDC's prices are way out of line. There may be a few extra dollars here and there, but you have to weigh that against: time and fuel to drive to Woburn (4 Seasons), the aggravation of standing four or five deep in front of the counter trying to see something (4 Seasons).

Also - don't be hesitant about asking for a "best price" on a used guns at IDC. If the gun has been there for a while and you can make a case on why it should be priced lower, they just might bite. And unlike some "other" shops, they just consider it part of business and don't act OFFENDED that you would DARE question a price.

I bought several guns at IDC last year, and I'll be back for more this year.

One other thing - it is one of the cleanest, most-organized gun shop I've ever seen. Go and see for yourself!

What Ken said. I always ask them if they can sweeten it; they may say no, but there's no harm in trying. They have a great selection - sometimes you score outrageous deals (I can't tell you what I paid for a really sweet Model 29 but it was NOWHERE near Blue Book!) - and you're not fighting off 30-40 other gunnies and their bad breath. (FS really needs a bigger store... again.) IDC is sized just right. For now. I expect they'll grow still more as more folks find out about them.

My experience with IDC has been completely contrary to the last post. I find the prices competitive. I've purchased 16 guns in 2011, 13 of them from IDC, one from Blue Northern and two from Four seasons.
I've never purchased a gun from a web site.
I've given Dave and Marc a lot of my money over this past year and will continue to do so. I've had at lenght conversations with them both about the gun business and they understand the need for a web site. They've opted to invest in inventory rather than a web site for the time being. These guys have their act together and have a plan.

What ? You have an arsenal !

Back
Top Bottom