• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

IDC Firearms - Clinton, MA

How much did you pay? Their website says pretty much MSRP at $379. Bob's had it for $289, and FS for $279. IDC is a rip off on new firearms. I also went to get a case of .22 there one day, and I just about laughed and walked out of the store. I could have bought a case of .45 cheaper.

Where some stores get their prices it amazes me. It's like shopping at Cabela's or Bass Pro.

Agreed. Even Patriot Arms has the SR-22 for $318. I can tell a lot about a gun shop based on Ruger's prices. Four Seasons has the best Ruger prices period. I have bought 2 Rugers from them and it was painless. I really want one of these but really haven't pulled the trigger on it, no pun intended.

How many times do I have to post this before people will actually READ it?

I have YET to pay list price for a gun there, and I've bought at least four guns from them - if you don't like the price, ASK them. I may not pay the FS price... but since I don't have to drive two hours round trip and wait a half hour to get waited on at IDC, it's worth it to me. If you like waiting in line, have fun.

I will concede your point on the ammo prices, though. But Wally World (when they have a friggin' license to sell it, that is) is even cheaper.

Yup, volume is it. And Dave knows me, too, when I walk in the store. But then, they know me at Undercover Arms and Callaghan's, too. [laugh]

Oh I read. No shop comes down that much, sorry. If Bob's in Webster has it for $289, and IDC has it for $379 who am I going to? That's laughable. Even if they come down $30, it's still cheaper to go to Webster and buy it off of Bob. A shop comes down off of a price a few bucks depending on the gun. They aren't coming down $100, sorry. How many times do I have to say that before someone reads it?

There listing on NES for "tax free Saturday" said, SR22 $379. Ruger gets $399. [rofl][rofl]

Agreed. Even Patriot Arms has the SR-22 for $318. I can tell a lot about a gun shop based on Ruger's prices. Four Seasons has the best Ruger prices period. I have bought 2 Rugers from them and it was painless. I really want one of these but really haven't pulled the trigger on it, no pun intended.

Bob's in Webster has the best prices that are comparable to FS IMHO. I have bought multiple guns off of Bob in 1 day where his prices were better then FS. (I paid cash, and I bought the 10/22TD and GP100) Bob's is 20 mins from my house, and so is IDC. Who am I going to? Someone who charges ass crazy prices and full blown MSRP on their guns, or to Bob or another store, who has REALISTIC PRICES?

Bob's in Webster has the best prices that are comparable to FS IMHO. I have bought multiple guns off of Bob in 1 day where his prices were better then FS. (I paid cash, and I bought the 10/22TD and GP100) Bob's is 20 mins from my house, and so is IDC. Who am I going to? Someone who charges ass crazy prices and full blown MSRP on their guns, or to Bob or another store, who has REALISTIC PRICES?

Ohh, nice. FS is literally 15 minutes from my house so I can't complain. I pass Collectors as well, which I also love. They have a great group of guys at CCG. I looked at IDC prices one day and was like [shocked] no thanks.

It's not just IDC's gun prices. It's their prices on any ammo there as well. WWB target ammo for 9mm is like $49.99. Walmart has it for what, like $24.99? [rofl]

I am sure they do OK business, but I will never buy a new gun there. Too many other good shops around. I don't care if I drive to FS, Bob's, Blue Northern, Zero Hour, Undercover, etc. Stay the frig away from IDC.

$49.99? Are you being sarcastic? I am shocked that anyone would pay that much.

Not really, no.

I tried buying a case of federal bulk .22 crap ammo. The guy comes over and says, "I will let it go for $300." I almost shit my pants. It only had I think 2,000 rounds in the case. $300??!?!?! I can buy 2,000 rounds of ANY ammo at ANY store for like $100. [rofl]

I exited stage left, and I haven't been back there since.

Not really, no.

I tried buying a case of federal bulk .22 crap ammo. The guy comes over and says, "I will let it go for $300." I almost shit my pants. It only had I think 2,000 rounds in the case. $300??!?!?! I can buy 2,000 rounds of ANY ammo at ANY store for like $100. [rofl]

I exited stage left, and I haven't been back there since.

[rofl] $300? Holy sh**. It should be like $80, that's crazy! Thanks for all the good info. Any other shops in MA to avoid?

Are you sure he wasn't just messing with you Tom? $300?! I now have a story to tell at work tomorrow. [laugh]

First, my name is not Tom, [wink] and no he wasn't joking. I wasn't even sure what to say. Maybe a case of WOLF ammo for $300, not bulk 22.

Another shop to avoid is Northeast trading. Owner is a rat bag. There are threads about that store on here, so I won't clog up this one. Anyone can shop at IDC, don't let me sway you. I just don't know where they get their prices on guns. Because they are easily the highest price in this state. Even BassPro isn't that high.

I liked IDC when they had the $99 Mosins a couple years ago. I went in another time and really looked at the prices of stuff and was also kind of shocked. I was looking for a certain rifle and they wanted $200 more than a shop a half hour up the road. They have a great selection and the guys are friendly enough, but the prices are insane.

I liked IDC when they had the $99 Mosins a couple years ago. I went in another time and really looked at the prices of stuff and was also kind of shocked. I was looking for a certain rifle and they wanted $200 more than a shop a half hour up the road. They have a great selection and the guys are friendly enough, but the prices are insane.

Exactly.

Sold a few guns to a fellow NES'er and I had them do the transfer. Very nice guys but when I asked for a little discount on multiple guns, they simply said "No" because the amount of paperwork they had to do...

Anyone who pays the price on the tag I thank you for keeping their profit margin high. EVERYTHING is negotiable in small businesses. I will continue to go there because they are local, knowledgable and friendly. I never end up paying too much for anything when the total cost/value of the transaction is considered. Gas and time are worth money. Good service and support have value too. Knowing they support the transaction after it is complete if you have issues also has value.

I am a big Blue Northern fan for the same reasons.

If all that matters to you is price on the tag go to Walmart... Or pick up your deli tag at FS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm in Fitchburg/Leominster and Pullman Arms seems closer, people are great, there prices are awesome. Just bought a Remington R1 for a great price. So don't think you have to go to IDC or if not FS? Pullman Arms in Worcester you also have Old Mill Guns in Leominster and I have heard nothing bud awesome things, IDC has just gone down hill IMO

went in there a week ago to look for a OWB holster for my glock, the guy behind the counter was nice enough to tell me the one i picked out at the store was junk and to go online to get one, and even went online to look one up for me, I then asked some questions about some 380's and got some advice, he had no problem with just shooting the sh*t and answering my questions! You know the shops good when they recommend something else not at the store instead of selling a piece of junk to you knowing it was crap! Looking out for the customer before there profit!

Don't know who you spoke with but the person who always takes the time to speak with me on the phone or at the store is Alex. Great guy, very knowledgable and someone who I trust his advice. The prices aren't always the lowest but they have a nice shop, very friendly and aren't in business for the short term.

IDC Firearms-Clinton, MA

I was looking for a .357 revolver for my daughter. I had searched all over the state and couldn't find what I wanted. I happend to pass by IDC while working. Called them the next day and talked to Alex. He didn't have the particular model of Smith & Wesson in stock but called around to see if he could find one. Once again no luck. While I was on the phone Alex mentioned the Ruger SP101 he had in stock. It sounded like a nice piece. I stopped in and really liked the gun. It will be perfect for my daughters carry gun. Great job IDC Firearms

[grin]

Let me again recognize exceptional customer service at IDC Firearms. Mark, Dave, Ted and Alex, to a man, were very helpful in completing a transaction for me. Personal service is getting hard to come by these days, but expecially appreciated with respect to all things firearms. This is what a local gun shop should be. Thanks again guys.

Just want to say these guys are great. I purchased my first ever from these very helpful folks. They walked me through their selection, let me handle a whole assortment of guns and were willing to answer all of the ridiculous questions I had while offering up any information they felt would be important. When I went to pickup the Shotgun today after the Federal Delay they were even very accommodating and polite to my wife and son who came with me. The selection is phenomenal, the prices are fair and they really make you feel welcome when you go there. Please check these guys out.

These guys were mobbed yesterday and I assume will be again today/tonight. Picked up a lower for the hell of it, they had a couple more left. They have moved a lot of hardware the last few days. I failed to notice if they still had that 12500 round barrel of 5.56 still available.

I think you were there the same time I was trying to buy my 2 lowers. NICs kept disconnecting the phone on them. They were playing coy with parts, though. I asked them if they had any, "just a few left in the case" was the response. I bought 2 of the 4-5 displayed, some others came in and bought 1-2, then they went to a box by the register and pulled out another handful. Prices were up to $145, not sure if the other brand was lower cost and already sold out.

I thought it clever of them to keep the idea of scarcity, without letting someone come in and buy all of them up at once. Busiest I've seen them, but they hung in and took care of folks.

Back
Top Bottom