IDC Firearms - Clinton, MA

Haven't been there for a while stopped in today, and was amazed at their inventory. They had some unique inventory... Ohio Ordnance BAR, pre-ban Calico, the new S&W 1911 vented slide, plus a large selection of other guns.

I was looking for .22 LR, they had some but no bulk packs, lots of .223 and 5.56 ammo. Wish they'd post their inventory online.

snapped up an enfield jungle carbine from IDC today, props to the guys there for dealing with me... yeah can i put down this amount cash, put this amount on this card, put this amount on this card, aaaaand put this amount on this card. i apologize for that one but i'm a poor SOB.

my first firearm purchase there and it was a great experience. they are local to me so i always hit them whenever i am looking for stuff. instead of doing the walk of shame with a gun wrapped in brown paper or something, the gave me a gun sock which was nice. thanks, guys!

finally, for those of you looking for .223 and 5.56 they have a shitload. price varies and was most likely based on what they paid when it came in. some was as low as 8.99/20.

i forget which brand was priced that--but they have PMC, independence, WWB, federal, federal gold match/box/whatever. i do remember that the PMC was priced insanely so that may end up on the shelf until the world ends.

Stopped in yesterday and they still had a bunch of TulAmmo .223 at $8.95 per 20. They had at least 2 cases of it.

Most of their other .223 and 5.56 was $14.50/20 or higher. Quite the selection, but much more than I'd pay.

Stopped in yesterday and they still had a bunch of TulAmmo .223 at $8.95 per 20. They had at least 2 cases of it.

Most of their other .223 and 5.56 was $14.50/20 or higher. Quite the selection, but much more than I'd pay.

$14.50?!?! I figured as much with this shop. I have never seen ammo higher priced anywhere like it is at IDC. I am glad I didn't waste my time driving down there.

$14.50?!?! I figured as much with this shop. I have never seen ammo higher priced anywhere like it is at IDC. I am glad I didn't waste my time driving down there.

Go up to Al's on 101 in Amherst NH. You'll be singing Nirvana's "Rape Me" on the way home. [rofl] Friend went up there and saw a brick of 22 bulk pack for like $50. At least the guys at IDC are nice folks, though... god only knows where theyre buying their ammo and how much it costs.

-Mike

Go up to Al's on 101 in Amherst NH. You'll be singing Nirvana's "Rape Me" on the way home. [rofl] Friend went up there and saw a brick of 22 bulk pack for like $50. At least the guys at IDC are nice folks, though... god only knows where theyre buying their ammo and how much it costs.

-Mike

Ouch. [laugh]

Yes the guys at IDC are nice guys, I just can't get over their ammo prices.

-Mike

Can't believe ANYBODY still walks into that place

I agree Al's in Amherst NH is priced way too high.

IDC had a great Memorial Week special going on, 10% off on anything in the store. I was able to snag a Performance Center 1911, plus they have lots of .22 ammo, and great selection of guns.

Was in there today...they had a bunch of Federal Match Target 22LR bulk packs at $25/ea....CCI Stingers at $8.95/ea....plenty of 223 and 556 but don;t remember price...maybe $15 per 20 rounds for a box of WWB?

They've got more ammo than I've seen anywhere in the past year...Remington 9mm FMJ 50rds for 17.00$
380s too not sure how much. No 22s though.

They have some sweet deals leading up to the holidays.
•Smith & Wesson 15FT (#811048) 5.56 was $1050 now $899... no other discounts/offer applies.
•Mossberg Maverick was $310 now $225, comes with standard stock and pistol grip.

It would be nice if they developed their website...
They have changed it a little but there is still no useful information except the phone # and address. i would rather see a 90's looking website like FS that at least has a representation of inventory and some pricing. The coming soon has been up since the site was first put up. Some people just dont get how important it is to have a good website. Most of the other stores in the area have very good sites.

Another positive experience with these guys. Bought a revolver on Gunbroker a little while back. I used them as he receiving FFL. The seller screwed up pretty much everything he could. Tracking info, shipping cost, ADDRESS!!!! And even the condition of the gun(said new but was clearly used). IDC went out if their way to make sure I didn't have to wait for the gun to go back to the seller after the post office sent it back because of he address issue, by going to the post office, picking it up, and even covering the difference in shipping. Awesome guys. Awesome shop.

Was in there today...they had a bunch of Federal Match Target 22LR bulk packs at $25/ea....CCI Stingers at $8.95/ea....plenty of 223 and 556 but don;t remember price...maybe $15 per 20 rounds for a box of WWB?

Holy blast from the past! Went in there today and ZERO 22. What a shock, huh? I have seen full retard prices on in stock mini mags at $15.95/100 at some shops. Can you imagine what stingers will go for when they come back in stock? Gun inventory was ok. They had a Keltec KSG at $915.

Shout out for IDC Firearms, Clinton MA

I'm more and more impressed with this relatively new shop. They've been around 2-3 years and are located on Rte 110.

Friendly personnel, extremely knowledgeable owner (shoots IDPA, a RO), good stock of Glocks, Walthers, Berettas, Rugers, etc., endless rifles and shotguns, and boxes and boxes of ammo. They build and sell their own brand of ARs.

There's an on-site gunsmith who saved me the other day by installing an extended mag release that had flummoxed me. His price to do the work was better than a bargain. They have a small range in the back. They're beginning to offer training.

The shop has now gone above & beyond for me on an out of state FFL deal with a difficult seller.

I'm impressed. The place is busy... As most of us know, there aren't good gun shops located all over central MA. So it's good to have an ambitious upstart nearby!

Last time I was there everything seemed great until I inquired about the high price on a GP100. I was told that Ruger had allocated all their steel for the next two years, so if I didn't buy one now, I would either have to pay a ridiculously high price or I would not be able to find one because Ruger was not making any guns that require steel for the next two years...I have been unable to find any info about this otherwise.

Last week I sent a good friend there for ammo because it was along his travel path, while he was waiting in line he was listening to the conversation between the owner and a customer who had never shot any guns before but wanted to get something for home defense, the owner said $2000 was probably the lowest you wanted to spend on a home defense shotgun and you would want to go much higher if you planned to use it for trap or competition.

Maybe all this is true and I am just out of the loop on this stuff, but it sure sounds like a lot of BS and its definitely a turn off.

Interesting. I've been in the shop a dozen times and never encountered/heard anything similar. They sure have a range of shotguns (mostly $300-600); I haven't seen anything in the $2000 range there. Sounds like your friend was exaggerating.

I remarked early on that I thought some 9mm ammo was expensive and was immediately told that they'd match anyone's prices. It's very much a working guy's shop, w/ friendly folks. But that's just what I've experienced.

Last time I was there everything seemed great until I inquired about the high price on a GP100. I was told that Ruger had allocated all their steel for the next two years, so if I didn't buy one now, I would either have to pay a ridiculously high price or I would not be able to find one because Ruger was not making any guns that require steel for the next two years...I have been unable to find any info about this otherwise.

Last week I sent a good friend there for ammo because it was along his travel path, while he was waiting in line he was listening to the conversation between the owner and a customer who had never shot any guns before but wanted to get something for home defense, the owner said $2000 was probably the lowest you wanted to spend on a home defense shotgun and you would want to go much higher if you planned to use it for trap or competition.

Maybe all this is true and I am just out of the loop on this stuff, but it sure sounds like a lot of BS and its definitely a turn off.

I call BS on your friend. I've been going there for three years. The owner would never push to buy a high price item because he doesn't work the counter very often.
Secondly stores like to sell stuff as much as possible, they have a large selection of cheaper shotguns they sell often.
Ammo prices are a bit high for my taste but I still buy the cheap 9mm 45acp.

This is so typical for these threads. As the OP I was simply passing along good stuff: a relatively new, friendly, well-stocked gun shop exists in central Mass. Inevitably folks who haven't even visited spill in w/ tales from "friends" that are incredulous and just wrong. Too bad.

I agree that some of their ammo is a little high, but we're talking nickels and dimes here folks. Don't know about you, but I have to buy gas for my car, and my time is valuable. My 2nd favorite ship is in Woburn, and that's a 40 min drive from here. Personally, I'm thrilled that IDC is around the corner, and wish them prosperity.

Back
Top Bottom