• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Iconic Remington Factory set to close for good

Feel bad for those folks...but this has been in the works for years now it's not surprising
I feel bad for them as well.
At least they had plenty of notice to make plans, roughly 2 years, if not longer.

I wonder if any were offered a relocation to GA.

I feel bad for them as well.
At least they had plenty of notice to make plans, roughly 2 years, if not longer.

I wonder if any were offered a relocation to GA.
They did offer i believe and some folks took them up on it if I remember correctly

Honestly I thought it closed 3 or 4 years ago and reopened after they bought marlin or some shit

F' EM. No sympathy!! They sold us out when under advice from lawyers settled with the parents of sandy hook!!!
That shows weaknesses. Something Massachusetts gun owners should no about oh so well .
We aren't in this together.
Will not comply is a neat T-shirt or bumper sticker that's all!!
Remington showed there is a weak spot!! Now the anti's are pushing to make more manufacturers liable for the actions of some shit stain who used there product to harm innocent people.
So cry me a friggan river.
The last shotty I purchased from them is shit and they deserve to go under.
Remington as you like to remember has been gone for a long time.

Its kinda like they took the Harley Davidson approach to marketing.
HD almost faded away because they focused so much on other than the product. Because HD felt it had a captive consumer and was turning out shit and a ton of clothing.
Remington was doing a pretty much "Hold my beer". The mag fed 870 ??? Wtf The Versa Max.
The camo dip rubs off after three seasons!!!! In the small and around the trigger area the white primer(?)
shows.
Best is you pay extra for swamp grass pattern.

So I certainly could care less. They did this to themselves.

I grew up on REMington. Most if not all the firearms I was gifted or bought was a Remington.
Chambered in a rem cal. Shot Remington ammo for everything.

Been done with them for along time.

Going on the assumption they're moving out of an unfriendly state to a more friendly state, they should tell the president of the United Mine Workers that they reap what they sow!! Keep backing and pumping money into shitbag politicians!

F' EM. No sympathy!! They sold us out when under advice from lawyers settled with the parents of sandy hook!!!
That shows weaknesses. Something Massachusetts gun owners should no about oh so well .
We aren't in this together.
Will not comply is a neat T-shirt or bumper sticker that's all!!
Remington showed there is a weak spot!! Now the anti's are pushing to make more manufacturers liable for the actions of some shit stain who used there product to harm innocent people.
So cry me a friggan river.
The last shotty I purchased from them is shit and they deserve to go under.
Remington as you like to remember has been gone for a long time.

Its kinda like they took the Harley Davidson approach to marketing.
HD almost faded away because they focused so much on other than the product. Because HD felt it had a captive consumer and was turning out shit and a ton of clothing.
Remington was doing a pretty much "Hold my beer". The mag fed 870 ??? Wtf The Versa Max.
The camo dip rubs off after three seasons!!!! In the small and around the trigger area the white primer(?)
shows.
Best is you pay extra for swamp grass pattern.

So I certainly could care less. They did this to themselves.

I grew up on REMington. Most if not all the firearms I was gifted or bought was a Remington.
Chambered in a rem cal. Shot Remington ammo for everything.

Been done with them for along time.

Not defending remington, but was the settlement decision theirs or their insurers'?

Last edited:
Remington has had a track record of some less than stellar firearms issues. The moving of the plant is going to kill the rest of the valley. There are several machine shops in the valley that make small parts for Remington. They too will take fall for this well.

Remington has had a track record of some less than stellar firearms issues. The moving of the plant is going to kill the rest of the valley. There are several machine shops in the valley that make small parts for Remington. They too will take fall for this well.
The South is basically taking a lot of manufacturing over from the North and California. Guns, Cars, and a lot of other things. The businesses where it doesn't make sense to import or import from China, Mexico, and wherever would be regulated....are going to Tenn, Carolinas, Texas and West to right to work states.

The North has too many regulations, unions, and taxes. The Big 3 is feeling the pinch on that now after giving big raises and concessions vs. its competitors that are in RTW states.

Obviously this has been going on for a while now...but I just drove by the new BMW battery complex they are building in Woodruff, SC, and the Campus they make all the SUV's at in Greer, and the Michelin complex right across the street. Huge places....tremendous growth.

There are all sorts manufacturing and engineering companies around as well. I'm not sure what business gets in SC for tax havens, ...

Personally......gas prices are low $2.60/gal when I was driving around last week , energy and electric prices reasonable (my daughter heats and cools her large two bedroom apt for less than 100 a month, even in hot summer) , availabilty of nat gas very good because the infrastructure is easily run (very few NIMBY no gas pipeline faggotry) real estate taxes dirt cheap (300K house is avg. $900/yr in RE taxes) , real estate values going way up over time. Job growth above average.

Last edited:
I would not call Georgia a "friendly" state for gun manufacturing, the state is heavily D because of the gimm me class in the urban areas.

It is a reprieve from NY but by no means a safe haven
I think its more localized. Is it as gun friendly as TN, SC or KY? Not really because Atlanta does have the liberal a**h*** side. Georgia is very gun friendly though, even over in Savannah area, plenty of pro gun people just out side in growing areas of Pooler, etc.

And.. you base this on?
Am I wrong in assuming the number of Democrats in large urban areas are outnumbering the Conservatives in the rural areas?

Based on recent election results it seems to me the urban areas are largely in favor of the Democratic candidates, look at Kemp, he won with 53% of the vote with the map showing a lot of red, but Abrams got almost 46% and I'd bet that was from the urban population centers shown in Blue.

Frankly the D's are out breeding us.

1701789897742.png

Am I wrong in assuming the number of Democrats in large urban areas are outnumbering the Conservatives in the rural areas?

Based on recent election results it seems to me the urban areas are largely in favor of the Democratic candidates, look at Kemp, he won with 53% of the vote with the map showing a lot of red, but Abrams got almost 46% and I'd bet that was from the urban population centers shown in Blue.

Frankly the D's are out breeding us.

View attachment 824194
So you are looking at how the Left floods cities with migrants and those who are oppressed and then groom them to be reliable Blue Lever Pullers. If only are forefathers had this insight the Electoral Collage could have been divided up within a state to prevent small areas with lots of those who live off the Taxpayer teat from controlling the entire state.

Not defending remington, but was the settlement decision theirs or their insurers'?
That was under advice from there lawyers as Remington was going bankrupt.
Should have said no. But wanted to make sure that they had a label to sell at auction and screw us gun owners and other manufacturers.
Now every town/ angry moms who aren't getting any think and can sue manufacturers for damages caused by use of there products.

Back
Top Bottom