"I was wrong" - says Gabriel Gomez in Globe Article

I just don't vote for evil. My voting decision is somewhat straight forward. I ask "does this person believe in the Constitution?" Markey doesn't, and neither did Gomez. Neither are eligible for a vote. So I walked down to the polls, wrote in a name and trolled the election. There were no valid candidates on the ballot, so I couldn't vote for a person listed. Insert troll write in at line below candidates names.

As soon as people stop playing the game (voting for the lesser of two evils or voting simply because of parties) we will see real change. Until then, we have what we have now, which is a race to the bottom between 2 parties who are very similar.

Look at me now. That big eThug who wouldn't play the game back then. All the (R) polishers were all pissed off that (L)'s didnt care about the vote. Well look how that turned out. Turns out the (R) is a clone of Markey in all significant comparisons. It wouldnt of mattered who one. They are both big .gov sacks of shit.

Exactly.

They might even be able to deny it - for a time - but if enough people start voting like this then sooner or later something will happen.

If people can't even go down to the polling place and write down a different name - when they KNOW that the candidates both suck - then they really need to asked how full of shit they are to think that anything is ever going to change.

- - - Updated - - -

But I don't understand how they think this makes sense. How many anti-gun moonbat votes are really in play? Those people are voting Democrat everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

It's because the Republican party in MA is a dead fish - and it's flapping around on the beach hoping somebody will help it out.

- - - Updated - - -

A veteran and a republican is all for screwing over Americans, increasing government control, and curtailing liberty -- wow, when has that ever happened?

[rofl]

There is a big difference between the rank and file military and the senior officer corps which are basically just politicians. Don't be so quick to lump them all in the same category. Wesley Clark and Colon Powell are perfect examples of progressive thought in the General officer corps.

And of course presidents using the military as their own social experiment hasn't helped.

None of the guys I ran across who were raging liberals were ever at any officer level above maybe sergeant. But none of them were in combat positions either. They were all either in the Navy or Air Force in support positions of one form or another.

I've also met a few guys who were relatively high ranking officers or former officers - who were pretty damn conservative leaning - or at least NOT liberals. My basic point was: In my experience just being in the military doesn't automatically turn you into a Constitution defending conservative.

None of the guys I ran across who were raging liberals were ever at any officer level above maybe sergeant. But none of them were in combat positions either. They were all either in the Navy or Air Force in support positions of one form or another.

I've also met a few guys who were relatively high ranking officers or former officers - who were pretty damn conservative leaning - or at least NOT liberals. My basic point was: In my experience just being in the military doesn't automatically turn you into a Constitution defending conservative.

A Sergeant is not an officer, it's a mid level enlisted rank, E-5, in the Army and Marines, E-4 in the Air Force the Navy equivalent is Petty Officer. Another term is NCO, Non Commissioned Officer.

My experience has been the opposite. Senior enlisted were very conservative with the exception of the affirmative action promotees. Junior officers political leanings depended on where they went to college and the senior officers O-5 and up were concerned about making rank and played the political game.

Your last point is very true, the military is huge mix of different types, from the inner city hood rats to upper class college grads.

Last edited:
Blank ballots and/or ballots with non-viable candidate names on them are still a vote.

They're an "eff you" vote.

If you just mindlessly vote for the candidates that system has endorsed - then you are endorsing the system. Nobody who is counting those votes and nobody who those votes elected - are going to give two shits about the reasons behind why you cast it. They're only going to care that they got it.

So if you voted for the crappy candidate - then you're endorsing crappy candidates.

If nobody votes - and the crappy candidates get elected on extremely small turnout - then yes, they still get into office. But it's also plainly clear that nobody thought it was worth voting for them. So when they open their pie-holes and say stupid crap like " I was elected with a majority of the vote" - then somebody can entirely legitimately reply back with " the vote was extremely small - because so many people though everybody running sucked and sucked hard - so don't go claiming that you have a mandate from the people or any of that bullshit - because you DON'T"

If the vote turnout is high - and everybody does the full retard thing and votes for the best of the worst candidate and he gets elected - and then starts screwing you over once he's in office - then you can't say a thing can you? Because you elected him (or her) - which means you voted for whatever screwing you get afterwards.

When you vote for shitty candidates - you're playing the game the way they want you to play it. So you're as much of a part of the problem as they are.

I voted for Micky Mouse as a write in this last time.

I just show this video to anyone that tells me I threw away my vote. I don't vote for the lesser of two evils anymore

Last edited by a moderator:
A Sergeant is not an officer, it's a mid level enlisted rank, E-5, in the Army and Marines, E-4 in the Air Force the Navy equivalent is Petty Officer. Another term is NCO, Non Commissioned Officer.

My experience has been the opposite. Senior enlisted were very conservative with the exception of the affirmative action promotees. Junior officers political leanings depended on where they went to college and the senior officers O-5 and up were concerned about making rank and played the political game.

Your last point is very true, the military is huge mix of different types, from the inner city hood rats to upper class college grads.

Well that was sort of my point - I've run across a few enlisted men who were raging liberals. So it's not just high level officers that are infected.

Re: "I was wrong"

Your racecar analogy sucks. Thats like asking a race car driver who won 99% of his races why we lost the war. It is a seperate issue. The SEALs fight and win battles, not wars, which are a different ball game. Gomez may be a political tool but if he was a SEAL I'm confident he would have no problem completing a mission given to him. That said, I believe he served during peace time, not to say he never got into any scuffles.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Your racecar analogy sucks. Thats like asking a race car driver who won 99% of his races why we lost the war. It is a seperate issue. The SEALs fight and win battles, not wars, which are a different ball game. Gomez may be a political tool but if he was a SEAL I'm confident he would have no problem completing a mission given to him. That said, I believe he served during peace time, not to say he never got into any scuffles.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Ok - I'll give you that one. But my point wsa this: I see a lot of guys - like Gomez - thump their chest and try to make a big deal about how they're in or were in the military. The underlying thing they're trying to get at is that I should be oh so grateful for them "defending me".

But when I look around - I don't see a whole lot of defending going on. They're not defending my gun rights - and some of them - like Gomez - actually admit they want to take them away. They're not defending me from terrorism - because we keep getting attacked. They're not defending my freedom of speech - because it's slowly been going away too. And people like McStain - actually outright attack it. They're not winning any wars that I can remember during the time I've been alive - outside of maybe Grenada and Panama - and I wouldn't even consider those "real" wars anyway.

So my point is: when I take a REAL cold hard look at what all those chest beating military guys have REALLY done for me - I have to start considering the fact that they really haven't done shit for me.

So when one comes along - like Gomez - who openly admits he want's to take away rights - and then says "but I was a SEAL" - my answer is - WGAF and FOAD.

If he was some WW2 war hero - I might actually give him that. But he's not. And any war he even MIGHT have fought in - was something we lost anyway.

When my mechanic cries about how great a mechanic he is - but my car is still broken - I say: "no you're not" - or - "you might call yourself that but you suck at it".

Good article in American Thinker - that applies directly to Gomez:

Articles: Ted Cruz Reveals that the Republican Establishment Despise Their Own Base

[STRIKE=Gabriel Gomez]Ted Cruz [/STRIKE] Gabriel Gomez Reveals that the Republican Establishment Despise Their Own Base

Ted Cruz is pinning his ambitions to the big reality the Tea Party represents: conservatives really are fed up with both parties in Washington, D.C. The Republican base allowed Obama to be re-elected when an estimated five million of us stayed home in the 2012 election. It may not have been wise, but it happened for a very good reason: they didn't see the Republican Party representing them.

The D.C. establishment, and this includes both parties, is doing very well, thank you. The suburbs around Washington are the wealthiest in the nation. They and their families were untouched by the Obama economic meltdown. A huge government, spending a quarter of our nation's wealth, with almost half the populace dependent on their largesse, is good for them. It is not good for us.

The Republican leadership want to defeat ObamaCare, but mostly they want to use it as a campaign talking point to return to power. They are not willing to fight with all their hearts and minds to protect the American people from this disaster. That might be risky. That might not play well in this week's polls. That might not be as good for them as letting it go through and then complaining about it in 2014 and 2016.

Read more: Articles: Ted Cruz Reveals that the Republican Establishment Despise Their Own Base

Gabriel Gomez seems to hate his base as much as the rest of the Republicans.

I'm still waiting for the Republican apologists to show up here and tell us that Republicans are better than Democrats.

Ok - I'll give you that one. But my point wsa this: I see a lot of guys - like Gomez - thump their chest and try to make a big deal about how they're in or were in the military. The underlying thing they're trying to get at is that I should be oh so grateful for them "defending me".

But when I look around - I don't see a whole lot of defending going on. They're not defending my gun rights - and some of them - like Gomez - actually admit they want to take them away. They're not defending me from terrorism - because we keep getting attacked. They're not defending my freedom of speech - because it's slowly been going away too. And people like McStain - actually outright attack it. They're not winning any wars that I can remember during the time I've been alive - outside of maybe Grenada and Panama - and I wouldn't even consider those "real" wars anyway.

So my point is: when I take a REAL cold hard look at what all those chest beating military guys have REALLY done for me - I have to start considering the fact that they really haven't done shit for me.

So when one comes along - like Gomez - who openly admits he want's to take away rights - and then says "but I was a SEAL" - my answer is - WGAF and FOAD.

If he was some WW2 war hero - I might actually give him that. But he's not. And any war he even MIGHT have fought in - was something we lost anyway.

When my mechanic cries about how great a mechanic he is - but my car is still broken - I say: "no you're not" - or - "you might call yourself that but you suck at it".

While I see your point, and I'm never one to go around spouting off that "I fought for your right to have an opinion" etc etc etc, I think you are missing the point with military service. It's still humbling to me as a service member to have served with people at one point or another who have been killed or wounded because they were willing to write a blank check because they believed so strongly in this country and what it stands for. Is there a gung-ho want to go to war behind some peoples joining, to a degree, but that is rarely the reason that someone actually serves in the military.

So no, our actions in Afghanistan and Iraq probably did not directly contribute to your safety, but the reason that most of the men and women who died there died, was not for their own amusement, it still was for this country. If you can't be thankful for that... it must suck to live in your world.

Mike

Reads like it was written at 11:30pm after the better part of a 12 pack.
I wonder if he woke up in the morning with a headache, re-read it, and said "wow i'm an idiot, i'm going back to bed".

gomez is done for. he pandered to the democrats they snobbed him so he switched to the republicans they saw right thru him. he's never going to be elected to anything now. if he tries to run a democrat which he is hi opponent just has to call him a flip flopper and say he can't be trusted which is true.

gomez is done for. he pandered to the democrats they snobbed him so he switched to the republicans they saw right thru him. he's never going to be elected to anything now. if he tries to run a democrat which he is hi opponent just has to call him a flip flopper and say he can't be trusted which is true.

If he gets in with the Dems he will be fine, a republican that calles him a hypocrite or a flip-flopper will just get the race card thrown at them.

This from his facebook page:
"I proudly stand by my op-ed."
Comment in response:
As a fellow veteran, and as an American, I am ashamed and embarrassed by your inability to reconcile the oath you took with the freedoms you enjoy. An honorable past does NOT excuse a dishonorable present... “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
― Samuel Adams
I don't have facebook but want to give that comment a "+".
GG:
douchebag.jpeg

White Feather

Last edited:
While I see your point, and I'm never one to go around spouting off that "I fought for your right to have an opinion" etc etc etc, I think you are missing the point with military service. It's still humbling to me as a service member to have served with people at one point or another who have been killed or wounded because they were willing to write a blank check because they believed so strongly in this country and what it stands for. Is there a gung-ho want to go to war behind some peoples joining, to a degree, but that is rarely the reason that someone actually serves in the military.

So no, our actions in Afghanistan and Iraq probably did not directly contribute to your safety, but the reason that most of the men and women who died there died, was not for their own amusement, it still was for this country. If you can't be thankful for that... it must suck to live in your world.

Mike

I agree with you here and have respect for the service of someone like Gomez. If he came out and said something like "I used to be a SEAL and I learned a lot doing that which I think helps qualify me for a political career", I might buy that. However, he's whored it out to a ridiculous degree.

Now it's getting a lot worse. AR15s are pretty simple and it's not difficult to figure how to use one in a safe manner. Gomez is essentially saying that people are too stupid to figure out how to operate a simple device on their own without government training. I take offense to that and I'd never vote for someone who calls me stupid.

Back
Top Bottom