"I was wrong" - says Gabriel Gomez in Globe Article

Re: "I was wrong"

if this moron, with his highly trained background can teach me how to change a "high capacity magazine clip in 5 seconds"

then doesn't that tell us exactly two things? , the first thing is that the ar-15 platform is easily trainable in a very short amount of time... suggesting that pretty much anybody can be taught to use it safely.... which begs the question, why ban them?

and the second thing this statement tells us, is that if you can teach someone to change a "high capacity magazine clip in 5 seconds", then that means a person could also change a 10 round magazine in that same 5 seconds, or even much less time since it's so much smaller and lighter.....

what a complete a***** this guy is proving to be

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Exactly.

I'm really glad he came out and said this. Because it's like a big bat we can use to beat all the - "vote for the best of the worst candidates" voters over the head with.

I love your optimism. We used the Scott Brown bat for a while, too. But people on NES keep telling us to vote for the lesser of two evils. I wonder how many bats it takes. [thinking]

He just updated his FB page

Gabriel Gomez

Very much appreciate all the thoughtful comments. This is obviously a very contentious issue with good passionate people on both sides. I respect those that disagree with me. In the end, I will always try to do what is best for the country and the people and not the political parties. For those that disagree with me, I hope we can be civil and agree to disagree. Thank you.

And the responses are pretty much against him

• Doug Mercurio Gabe, I completely disagree and am afraid that, in conjunction with other issues that we disagree (amnesty, etc.) I can not support you in a primary, but your policy positions aside, I still respect your sacrifices for our country and success.
    33 minutes ago · Like · 6

• Kellie Arnold you lost my respect and my support. I do thank you for your service in the Navy but that's as far as it goes...
    30 minutes ago · Like · 2

• Dan Cassidy I missed the boat what is the dilemma
    26 minutes ago via mobile · Like · 1

• Crystal Bowden Clarke Gabriel I completely disagree however I look at overall issues and what I think of the person.I still support you in running for office.You have been extremly kind to my family and Evan. And I overall agree with you on issues.Just not this one.But we still will help out i whatever way we can
    24 minutes ago via mobile · Like

• Doug Rhodes Gabe, even after the Boston Bombing, u support them coming after our guns???!!! Turncoat! Judas! Glad u lost. At least i know who's there now (d). Go turn in ur guns and leave us alone. Adios amigo!
    22 minutes ago via mobile · Like

• Lori Bickford Smith Lost my vote
    22 minutes ago via mobile · Like

• Pablito Milian forgot your oath thats sad
    22 minutes ago via mobile · Like · 1

• Brandy Anderson The only thing banning assault weapons will accomplish is to take those weapons from law abiding citizens while criminals will continue to obtain them. I don't disagree with restricting or making them harder to obtain, but banning them outright is idiotic. They do have a practical application. The feral hog populations are out of control even in suburban areas and sometimes farmers use assault weapons to thin the feral hog populations. I supported your campaign, but will think twice about doing so should you run in the future.
    21 minutes ago · Like · 2

• Michelle Johnson Being open minded requires an enormous amount of character.
    It strikes me as sad that people don't question, for one second how strange it is that we see owning assault rifles as a necessity.

When the Constitution was written,there were no AK47s andor M16s people were armed with Flintlock pistols and Muskets, that is what the Constitution covered.

There is no way men 226 years ago could intelligently provide laws and provisions for something that didn't even exist.

Accepting that we live in a world where we need these weapons is far more insane than suggesting we rethink them as part of our daily lives.
    18 minutes ago · Edited · Like · 2

• Kevin Dube Mr. Gomez, the Navy Yard shooter used a 6+1 fixed magazine pump action shotgun. The weapon system doesn't matter. A determined psychopath will find a way regardless of weapon availability. If anything the Navy Yard shooting proves the futility of banning AR's, unless you are now considering pump shotguns to be assault weapons as well.

I understand you are taking this position in the hopes of furthering your Mass political carreer, but by picking up on this issue you've simply done yourself harm unlless you plan on changing party affiliations while your at it.
    18 minutes ago · Like · 2

• Kev Gallinger You will most likely be the candidate I vote for where/when ever you run. I hope you will never actively SEEK to infringe on any of Americans' Rights anymore than have been usurped already. Thank you for your service.
    16 minutes ago · Like · 1

• Oliver Love Mr. Gomez, it sounds as though you need to listen to the people that elected you, and the citizens that you represent. You were not elected to make decisions on your own, you were elected to represent the people.

You should do that. There is virtually no support for a ban from people that have any education about firearms. The average mother posting here in support probably has never even seen a firearm in person, never mind been taught to use one.

Campaign for an education program, we as US citizens are smart enough to own firearms. Help educate, don't regulate.
    16 minutes ago · Like · 2

• Jane Belleville What is good for the country is upholding the mainframe of it---the Constitution!!!
    16 minutes ago · Like · 1

• Angela Maloney If people lose respect for you over your well reasoned and thought out opinion, too bad. If taking dangerous weapons away saves a few more people from dying, it's worth it. I have a license to carry and I would never need one of those guns to protect myself, and certainly not for sport. Those guns are just made for one thing, large amounts of death. Same goes for the magazines.
    15 minutes ago via mobile · Like · 1

• Ken Sweezey Gabe let's actually enforce the laws we have! Plus Judges actually enforce the jail times! I know it's a novel idea! What are new unconstitutional laws going to do if they do NOT enforce the 1's we have!!!
    15 minutes ago · Like · 1

• Karl Weld FWIW they're not "assault weapons." They're single-shot, semi-automatic rifles. And they are protected under the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution, that pesky document Progressives despise. But by all means, just try and outlaw them and see how far your Republican political career lasts. Your Democrat career, however...
    15 minutes ago via mobile · Like · 1

• Howard Schargel So if you are a navy seal you can carry your weapon of choice and higher capacity right? How does that jive with 2A?

He just updated his FB page

Gabriel Gomez

Very much appreciate all the thoughtful comments. This is obviously a very contentious issue with good passionate people on both sides. I respect those that disagree with me. In the end, I will always try to do what is best for the country and the people and not the political parties. For those that disagree with me, I hope we can be civil and agree to disagree. Thank you.

And the responses are pretty much against him

Bring on the hate! This made me smile a little.

We should make sure that this story gets around the national level forums too if it hasn't already. Gabriel Gomez needs to be reputationally obliterated and made an example of.

Has anyone verified this guy was a SEAL because after reading that I have serious doubts of that claim.

Someone called him out on Howie Carr, and he admitted he never saw combat.

I wouldn't want him along on a mission either, by the time he yelled "Toss me another high capacity magazine clip that we're ok to have because we're highly trained and know what we're doing and did you guys know I was a SEAL?" he'd be dead.

I knew he was a weasel from day one. No surpises. Too bad the MA GOP is so entirely useless. Not that the national GOP is much better.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

I've always voted for the lesser of two evils. In this guy's case, I'd have to abstain or vote for a 3rd party candidate.

Last edited:
I would encourage ALL OF YOU to message Mr. Charlie Baker and voice your opposition for him selecting Gabriel Gomez as his running mate. This state has a couple hundred-thousand gun owners... enough to make someone think twice about their running mate when running as a conservative.

This is the message I sent him via facebook:

Good afternoon,

As a resident of Massachusetts and a veteran I felt it important to let you know that in light of the recent remarks made by Gabriel Gomez regarding his stance on the 2nd Amendment, I could not support you should you select him as your running mate. I am proud to be active in the firearms owning community of over 200 thousand residents in Massachusetts (member of 3 clubs, as well as a State certified instructor) and I can comfortably and confidently say we are all paying attention to what is going on with issues surrounding our rights to own firearms in the commonwealth.

I wish you luck in finding someone who takes both fiscal responsibility and civil liberties seriously in your upcoming bid for governor. I would be happy to discuss the specific matter regarding the stance of Mr. Gomez if you are at all interested.

Best of luck,

crazymjb

Mike

This would fall under "unrecoverable" error.

If Ted Kennedy a killer, Bill Clinton a rapist and Marion Berry a crack head get elected and re-elected, Señor Gomez can as well; he will of course have to convert to a Democrat or "Independent" which I'm sure he will. unfortunately I don't think we've seen the last of him.

If Ted Kennedy a killer, Bill Clinton a rapist and Marion Berry a crack head get elected and re-elected, Señor Gomez can as well; he will of course have to convert to a Democrat or "Independent" which I'm sure he will. unfortunately I don't think we've seen the last of him.
Unrecoverable error to get my vote. The RNC/MA GOP also need to take heed that supporting him is also an "unrecoverable error".

He is welcome to run as a Democrat. They can have him.

Unrecoverable error to get my vote. The RNC/MA GOP also need to take heed that supporting him is also an "unrecoverable error".

He is welcome to run as a Democrat. They can have him.

I agree there, he never got mine in the first place. My point is that this is just part of his rebranding.

**** you. Piece of shit. Spoken like a true politician. More than anyone else, a ****ing ex SEAL should know that an AR-15 isn't a ****ing assault weapon. Die you traitor.

He never ever saw combat. Some guy had to drag that truth out of him on Howie Carr's show on election day. What a lying turd Gomez is.

Thank you Jesus, that:
1) I did not donate any money to this idiot
2) he did not win the election and is not now representing MA

I never liked this turd. He was a terrible candidate and I suspect he won the primary on the premise that he was the "most electable" rather than having any kind of backbone or qualification. I never want to see him on a ballot again.

Back
Top Bottom